Ubisoft: No New Games Unless They Can Be Made Into Franchises

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
I am tired of sequels game industry, I'm okay with a trilogy or sequels that come a few years after the original but I want more games that have definitive endings and less that become yearly new installment fodder
this is BS ubisoft, I'm sick of franchises being stretched plot and gameplay wise to their limits and beyond, and I'm REALLY sick of Assassin's Creed, please just end assassins creed already!

TomWiley

Jul 20, 2012
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
cikame said:
Hasn't this been the way of things for the last... 13 years?
No. Dev costs are higher than ever, as are the consumers' demands, not to mention that today, adjusted for inflation, games should cost about $100 dollars rather than $60.
And yet I refuse to pay more than 20$ for my disposable media.
Well that's your choice as a customer. If you can't pay back what the devs are spending on development, they'll find other ways of earning their money. Hope you like DLC and micro-transactions.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
cikame said:
No. Dev costs are higher than ever, as are the consumers' demands, not to mention that today, adjusted for inflation, games should cost about $100 dollars rather than $60.
Well that's your choice as a customer. If you can't pay back what the devs are spending on development, they'll find other ways of earning their money. Hope you like DLC and micro-transactions.
Its their fault for not making good media that's worth the money they want for it.I'd rather be a pirate than waste thousands on bad media.

TomWiley

Jul 20, 2012
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
cikame said:
Its their fault for not making good media that's worth the money they want for it.I'd rather be a pirate than waste thousands on bad media.
Firstly, doesn't matter who's fault it is. It's going to affect consumers in the same way regardless.

Secondly, who's not making good media? Isn't The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite good media, worth rewarding the developers? Well, those are two example of AAA-titles that I, personally, wouldn't want to see replaced by Angry Birds Space.

You can't be so ignorant as to think that Call of Duty and Battlefield are the only franchises that would be affected. If anything, those are the only franchises that will remain.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
cikame said:
Firstly, doesn't matter who's fault it is. It's going to affect consumers in the same way regardless.

Secondly, who's not making good media? Isn't The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite good media, worth rewarding the developers? Well, those are two example of AAA-titles that I, personally, wouldn't want to see replaced by Angry Birds Space.

You can't be so ignorant as to think that Call of Duty and Battlefield are the only franchises that would be affected. If anything, those are the only franchises that will remain.
Bioshock is lacking, always has been its good enough but hardly worth more than 40$ it has to many issues and to much watering down of content. Last of us like heavy rain is highly over rated and lack luster. Keep persudo film making out of game creation they are it kills the gamepaly and we get a very dumbed down product from it we'd be much better off if it was a film or tv show not a half assed interactive TV BS.

Theres a point and time the cost of game production makes it imposable to make a reasonable profit and thus a reasonable game, its not the consumers fault tho they do tend to buy into the hype and put to much money into bad and lackluster games allowing the system to be lop sided and half assed.

If you want to buy into the system and waste your money by all means do so. I can;t I do not have that much money to spend so I must be critical of it all.

TomWiley

Jul 20, 2012
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
cikame said:

Bioshock is lacking, always has been its good enough but hardly worth more than 40$ it has to many issues and to much watering down of content. Last of us like heavy rain is highly over rated and lack luster. Keep persudo film making out of game creation they are it kills the gamepaly and we get a very dumbed down product from it we'd be much better off if it was a film or tv show not a half assed interactive TV BS.

Theres a point and time the cost of game production makes it imposable to make a reasonable profit and thus a reasonable game, its not the consumers fault tho they do tend to buy into the hype and put to much money into bad and lackluster games allowing the system to be lop sided and half assed.

If you want to buy into the system and waste your money by all means do so. I can;t I do not have that much money to spend so I must be critical of it all.
You still don't get it do you? Being critical is fine, in fact it's great as long as you can recognize titles that actually does deserves your money, like Infinite. Buy whatever looks interesting, leave the rest.

But doesn't bother you that high quality singleplayer experiences might be replaced by free-to-play crap and microtransactions? It bloody should, and we are already seeing this development happening.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
TomWiley said:
cikame said:

You still don't get it do you? Being critical is fine, in fact it's great as long as you can recognize titles that actually does deserves your money, like Infinite. Buy whatever looks interesting, leave the rest.

But doesn't bother you that high quality singleplayer experiences might be replaced by free-to-play crap and microtransactions? It bloody should, and we are already seeing this development happening.
The trouble is you can not fix the system by propping it up. Unlike the music industry they will not change. We are going to need a gutting of all b- to AAA publishes and developers and from the ashes a leaner less shiny shovlware industry we will get. Hell if they just back down on physics and graphics a tad you would lower overhead thus lower prices thus widen your market. It sure as hell is not going to shrink just becuse they do it. But the system thats in place will not allow for it, it barely allows for creativity and beyond the Mcbox mindsets that has made most new games stall since 2000(more like o3 but I regress :p).

No just no no more, I'm done with high dollar low enjoyment media if they go the route of costly DLC I will become the one legged bandit if they go the MMO route I could see myself buying 60 day gold level time cards for under 20$ If its mishandled and lacks customization or worse yet customization is microtransatined to death then I will go indie.

Even so I still picked up lolipop chainsaw for 17$ used loved shadows of the dead they are c+ at best maybe game but they are fun to play...tho lolipop chainsaw is going to be more repetitive than slaughter house or a dynasty warrior game and its clones....tho I hope its not that bad and the upgrades decent they skipped some things on shadows of the damned LOL

Alot of my hatred comes from the lack of a game shark or code breaker that one can use to rebalnce a game to taste, stupid worthless online trophies made them go away.....

Andrew Adam

Jul 30, 2013
Never trusted Ubicrap. These are the people that made the Petz franchise. Staying as far away from their games I can. Think the last one I bought was Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands on Wii because it was in the clearance bin for $7. Solid game, only because I only had to pay $7. How much all Ubicrap's games should cost.