Ubisoft Officially Announces Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I liked every AC game so far. It's my favorite new IP of this generation. And this seems to be something new based on the best thing in AC3. I am looking forward to hearing more about it.

I wonder how many people are gonna pirate AC4.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
rhizhim said:
Vault Citizen said:
rhizhim said:
an annoyed writer said:
rhizhim said:
you know what would be fun?
if you would play as a man sitting on the animus experiencing the victorian era as a female assassin.
it would be hillariously awkward.
Oh come on! I have to deal with that kind of shit in real life, and I play video games to escape that bullshit! In all seriousness though, yeah, that's pretty much forced gender dysphoria. If written well, that would actually be an interesting and informative look into one of the key factors of transsexualism. Not a bad idea, just one that's difficult to execute correctly.
i just thought that traveling around your dna's past doesnt have to necessarily make you experience the past as the gender you currently have as an avatar
Would that work? I know there hasn't been an official word on the subject and its all sci fi but wouldn't the gender difference affect synchronisation? I imagine that it would be harder to sync your mind with someone else's body if they were a different gender because of the obvious different in body shape and because of differences in body chemistry.
i dont think so.

to make one assassin you need 2 people and the baby assassin still has half the dna of mommy assassin.

and considering that all embryos basically start as female...
Sequence

A few weeks after fertilization, the initial appearance of the human fetal genitalia is basically feminine: a pair of "urogenital folds" with a small protuberance in the middle, and the urethra behind the protuberance.
In typical fetal development, the presence of the SRY gene causes the fetal gonads to become testes; the absence of it allows the gonads to continue to develop into ovaries. Thereafter, the development of the internal reproductive organs and the external genitalia is determined by hormones produced by fetal gonads (ovaries or testes) and the cells' response to them.
If the fetus has testes, and if the testes produce testosterone, and if the cells of the genitals respond to the testosterone, the outer urogenital folds swell and fuse in the midline to produce the scrotum; the protuberance grows larger and straighter to form the penis; the inner urogenital swellings swell, wrap around the penis, and fuse in the midline to form the penile urethra.
If testosterone is not present, normal female development continues, with the development of a perineal urethra and the formation of a uterus, clitoris and vagina.
The Müllerian ducts, which are paired ducts of the embryo which empty into the cloaca, and which develop into the upper vagina, cervix, uterus and oviducts; in the male they disappear except for the vestigial vagina masculina and the appendix testis.
Although female development is usually considered the "default" configuration in the absence of induction, recent evidence has indicated that Wnt4 plays a role in the development of female anatomy.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_genital_development

again i am not sure but i think it doesnt affect synching much.

I understand that all babies start female in the womb but I don't see how that affects the possibility of a man syncing with an adult female.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Bluh. Still need to play III. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I want ASSASSINATING, you know, what the series is about? What i don't want, is pirates. Pirates have nothing to do with being stealthy assassins parkouring on rooftops, rather, they're the opposite. They sit in a ship in the middle of the sea, far away from any parkour, killing people by shooting with cannons, at another ship, from quite far away. That is not very stealthy, nor Assassin like. If the game is centered around that stupid boat battle mechanic from AC3, i won't buy it.

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
So, will it be someone getting in the Animus to be Henry Rollins or would it be Henry Rollins getting in the Animus to go back to a pirate ancestor? Either way, I approve.

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
So glad that Connor is gone, I couldn't stand the little ****. I don't know if I'll buy this, however. AC3 was a letdown for me in every way, so I don't know if the could improve so fast. I am not in any way done with the AC saga, I'm just taking a break.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Deathlyphil said:
AC - You are an Assassin. It is your job, your creed, your whole way of life.
What was wrong with that,why can't we have nice things like that and philosophical debates?
Oh well Pirate's Creed is welcome to the scene if they have actual FOCUS on the gameplay whatsoever. Just changing the title wouldn't go amiss, but I guess we have to cope with the power of branding.
Also what happened to the spin offs of AC3?You're supposed to have another trilogy within a trilogy, c'mon Ubi don't disappoint now.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Oh for crying out loud Ubi. REALLY?!

Hated the lack of ANY free-running in AC3, and the boat-based bit were boring at best, and bloody irritating in the main. Would far rather have had a fully haytham-based game instead of what AC3 turned into, that would have been brilliant.

Doubt very much I'll be buying Black Flag.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Well, considering how all of the cool pirating took place within decades of the American Revolution, the series isn't moving fast enough towards its conclusion for me. I'm probably out, I don't want to wait until Assassin's Creed 11 to hit the 20th century.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Assassin's creed 3 was soooo bad though. I never even made it through the parts where you're playing as Connors father. I was like argg pull my eyes out. It was that bad.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
ugh, having a gun in the characters hand is an instant turn off. Guns DO NOT WORK in these games, it ruins the whole experience. I may just skip this one all together. The naval battles were entertaining in AC3 but i can't see them finding any way to make them varied enough to build a whole game on them. I mean what power progression is there besides 'More Cannons!'? Also they desperately need to get a better voice actor than whoever did Connor, that guy was atrocious.

Asscreed at this point, very much reminds me of the prince of Persia series. Ubisoft created something spectacular with the first game, and in the process of trying to correct its few minor flaws have totally lost sight of what made the game great to begin with.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
Well considering how awesome the naval battle was in Screed III, this could work. Plus, I can't think of a single good pirate themed game that isn't an RTS.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
*Was completely sure that the end of Desmond's story meant that Ubisoft would be taking at least a year off from the Assassin's Creed series.*

*Sees the announcement for Assassin's Creed IV not five months after Assassin's Creed III comes out.*

*Sighs in exasperation*

In all seriousness, I love the Assassin's Creed games. When the first Assassin's Creed came out, I played through it three or four times, alternating between doing the bare minimum to get by, and doing absolutely everything available to me. It was the only game I ever got every achievement for.

When Assassin's Creed II was announced, I was struck dumb with anticipation for months. It was worth every moment of waiting, as far as I'm concerned. It was such a good game.

When Brotherhood was announced, I was surprised, but still excited. I figured I'd have to wait a couple of years before I got a new Assassin's Creed experience, and a new one so soon didn't strike any warning bells right away.

When Revelations was announced, I was significantly more wary. The hook at the end of Brotherhood was the only reason I got into that game. I wanted to see what had happened to Desmond. I wasn't feeling the need for another Assassin's Creed game so soon. After Revelations came out, I was convinced Ubisoft would be abandoning the yearly release cycle soon.

When Assassin's Creed III was announced, the only reason I let it slide was because the whole 2012 thing was integral to the game's plot. Otherwise, I would have been appalled. Yes, you were continuing Desmond's arc, but you were moving away from Ezio, and such a drastic shift takes time to get right. I know a team had been working on ACIII for quite a while, but I still thought it was too much.

And now Desmond's story is over. Honestly, what are the present day sequences going to be? You can't go backwards in time, because you're calling it Assassin's Creed IV, which suggests a move forward. Explain to me why this seemed like a good idea? Why not wait for a year, craft the game in some fancy new hardware, and release it for the next gen consoles? Or maybe that's why they're announcing it right now: they want people to know they'll be able to get it for their PlayStation 4s. Honestly, is Watch Dogs not good enough as a launch title, Ubi? You need a Creed game in the line-up, too?

For the first time in the series' history, this is not a guaranteed buy for me. Desmond's story arc was enough to keep me hooked, but you're going to have to work really hard to sell me on this one. It's way too much, too soon. If this is what you're doing now, maybe the next gen will be a very good thing: hopefully the new hardware will lead to longer dev times for the first couple of years, so we don't get yearly releases so often.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
A little soon, no? Anyhoo, piracy makes sense considering the anti-authority slant of the assassins. I'm still holding out for the 1890's Creed where you would play an anarchist working against the Crown. Dammit Ubisoft!

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Whatever, I've given up on Assassin's Creed. AC3 was far too constrictive to be enjoyable in any way (honestly found it more frustrating than Dark Souls) and now that I know Watch Dogs is made on the same engine I'm seriously questioning my interest in that game too.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
gentlemanghost said:
Assassin's Creed IV.....Black Flag?

Soooo, is he going to be killing roaches or telling Nazi punks to f--k off?
Personally I'm hoping to hear Six Pack or Rise Above. I like those songs.

Seriously...I dont care about this one bit. I gave up on AC3 right around the 'twist' and stopped caring about the series, done with it.