Ubisoft Posts Laundry List of Assassin's Creed Unity Issues

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Ubisoft Posts Laundry List of Assassin's Creed Unity Issues

A slew of problems across all platforms is currently plaguing Assassin's Creed Unity as Ubisoft posts status updates and workarounds.

Since its launch on Tuesday, Assassin's Creed Unity players have posted a list [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138538-Low-Frame-Rates-in-Early-Reports-of-Assassins-Creed-Unity] of all known issues across the Xbox One, PS4, and PC, along with some workarounds.

Most of the issues affect all three platforms, and include the aforementioned frame rate issues, "graphical and collision issues," matchmaking dilemmas, and problems with the companion app, to name a few. Many of these are marked as "working on it," though no time frame is given for when gamers can expect resolution. There are also platform-specific issues like specific game crashes on the PS4 and a failure to launch entirely on the PC. Xbox One appears to have the least problems specific to its platform, with only a lengthy wait screen and "Helix Credits issues" plaguing Microsoft's console.

Ubisoft was quick to respond on Unity launch day, announcing that it was working on a all too often [http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-184353-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32].

If you're one of the many having problems playing Assassin's Creed Unity, check Ubisoft's full list [http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-PC-XB1-amp-PS4-AC-Unity-Current-Known-Issues] for updates and potential workarounds.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/14/7222679/ubisofts-guide-to-everything-wrong-with-assassins-creed-unity]

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Whelp... at least they seem to working on fixing this

But damn, someone's gotta be feeling the heat for letting that many bugs and crap slip out from beta to gold

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
webkilla said:
Whelp... at least they seem to working on fixing this
On PC Watch_Dogs had a particular issue if you wanted to output the sound in bitstream to an external decoder this would result in no sound at all.
It is a basic function of any console for the last 12 years. It works flawless on Watch_Dogs on the console.
UbiSoft quickly acknowledged that there was an issue and state that they were onto it.
After 3 month I gave up. Don't know if UbiSoft ever fixed it.
Don't except to much, you be disappointed.

Being on the UbiSoft hate wagon since 2005 (Silent Hunter 3), welcome to the party you are late but have a drink while you enjoy the show.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
This is why I no longer buy games on release day. It doesnt matter what the reviews say.

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
Starting to see why most publishers are doing highly controlled environment demos and embargoing reviews until after launch. These games are being launched in unfinished, broken states.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
In PC issues:

Can't launch ACU.exe - Working on it.

People literally can't play the game they've purchased... One would think that would be a massively high priority.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
This... this is appalling, I played every assassins creed and even pre ordered the majority. I decided that black flag was the last game I would pre order in the assassins creed series and I'm so glad I did, because releasing a game in this state is probably the worst thing you can do to destroy any hope of maintaining your fan base.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
~it's very troublesome to see suge a hugely marketed,~
Is that a spelling mistake maybe?

OT: It's actually been kind of hilarious seeing peoples reactions to this, I stopped pre-ordering games for this precise reason, and because I'm super smart COUGHpoorCOUGH...

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
As someone from the UK, I bought the game yesterday hoping that a patch will have been made in time to fix a lot of the glitches. As of now, I have not fallen through the map, gotten stuck in a hay cart, nor has the game crashed when entering co-op. I am pretty relieved, in all honesty.

However, the free running system misses animations at points. Not to a degree where it looks laughable, but it will speed up Arno's descent to an unrealistic degree, just to save on animations. It is a bit jarring, but maybe that'll be patched too? Who knows.

Civilians and their textures are also annoyances, but not TOO bad. Just a little immersion breaking, really.

But the frame rate. Yeah...that had better be fixed. Fluctuating frame rate is awful considering I can go back and play AC4 on my PS4 which looks great and plays great and runs at a steady frame rate. Surely with all the 'controversy' surrounding new-gen console frame rates, Ubisoft should have made sure that their game can actually run at that frame rate? It's awful, and I hope to God it is addressed soon.

Apart from that, the game is solid. I don't like the chests locked to the companion app and all the microtransaction bullshit, but the game itself is still pretty good so far (am on Sequence 4). Only real problems with the game are those which have plagued the series since 2 (weapons that are a big deal in adverts are locked off for 3/4 of the game. Fucking phantom blade...).

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
vonSanneck said:
Ishigami said:
Being on the UbiSoft hate wagon since 2005 (Silent Hunter 3), welcome to the party you are late but have a drink while you enjoy the show.
As with any club in question new attendees arrive separate from each instance. I had joined the hate party with Assassin's Creed: Revelations on PC in 2013.
I was on the hate train after the PC DRM fiasco for Assassins Creed 2, didn't buy a Ubisoft game after that until Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon convinced me to buy their games again. Got Black Flag because it looked awesome (and it was) but even if Unity was 100% functional I'm not really interested anymore, I hope Far Cry 4 isn't in the same mess although I will be waiting for reviews and clearing through other games first.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Let's watch some of the things that need fixing all together now yay.

They have a lot of work ahead of them that they probably won't do.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
So Ubisoft's QA team must be a bunch of random names lifted out of the phone book it seems. How could they have let anything so big get through unintentionally, I wonder, are people threatening to sue over this?

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
008Zulu said:
So Ubisoft's QA team must be a bunch of random names lifted out of the phone book it seems. How could they have let anything so big get through unintentionally, I wonder, are people threatening to sue over this?
The issue is in the US they can hide behind "Caveat Emptor" because y'know... the US has ridiculously lax consumer protection laws hidden behind a blanket of "BU-BU-BU FRE MURKIT!" Well Europe has a Free Market economy too, we just allow companies to be taken to task for being monumental shit lords.

That said, best people could hope for is a refund under "not fit for purpose" that as it's all be purchased via Uplay in the case of the PC version, I'm sure will be upsetting to Ubisoft's bank balance. The real issue is will the Advertising Standards Authority need to step in?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I've experienced a lot of crashes so far, particularly when joining co-op or opening those retarded initiates chests. I'm a little annoyed at the sheer amount of people on the streets too. Jesus, tone it down.

Also, can you patch some fun into the game. This is the first Creed game that hasn't pulled me in and I'm already starting to lose interest. :(

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Can?t launch the game ? ACU.exe WORKING ON IT
This is the greatest thing I'VE EVER SEEN!! I wonder if a cracked .exe would fix it.

I'm getting worried because I'm getting FC4 tuesday, but afaik it's running on the same engine as the last one so there shouldn't be much of a problem. I don't give a toss about Uplay so I can play it offline if necessary. Not like I could platinum it anyway. THANKS...for the multiplayer trophies.

Uh, that can't launch the game problem makes me laugh every time I read it, but it's getting to point where it's a cathartic laugh where I shake my head down into my hands and lament on the fact we live in a world where this not only can happen, but happens regularly to large companies.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Haven't had any crashes but I've fallen through the map and had Arno flat out refuse to climb clearly climbable walls and refusing to jump for leaps of faith. Even without the glitches this game just isn't clicking for me I'm on sequence 5 and its starting to feel a lot like Revelations which bored me to death...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
really a shame. always enjoyed the AC series. good thing i was able to get a refund from origin. maybe once the game is fixed, i can buy it. otherwise i just dont bother with this title anymore.