Ubisoft Snags Top Spot in Amazon Black Friday Sales Numbers

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Ubisoft Snags Top Spot in Amazon Black Friday Sales Numbers

The Black Friday figures are in, and they prove that people just want to dance.

Heading to Amazon for gaming deals on Black Friday - and the several days after - has become a tradition for many. Most buyers probably don't offer a passing thought as to what publishers come out ahead thanks to the hot, über-cheap lightning deals, but as far as overall sales figures go, this year's clear winner is definitely Ubisoft. The company scored three of the top four best-selling titles from November 23rd through the 25th, which is a pretty impressive feat.

Taking the top overall spot was Just Dance 4 on the Wii, followed by Assassin's Creed III for Xbox 360, Halo 4, and then Assassin's Creed III for PlayStation 3. Just Dance 4 for Xbox 360 appears a few slots down on the list, and Just Dance 3 for Wii even makes an appearance. That's a whole lot of dancing and assassinating, or assassinating and then dancing about it, if that's your thing.

The Just Dance series continues to sell remarkably well, and has been a top Black Friday pick on Amazon for the past three years now. Sports games also did rather well on this year's list, with both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of FIFA Soccer 13 taking the number 7 and 8 spots respectively. Madden NFL 13 appears twice on the list as well. Here's the full rundown:

Just Dance 4 (Wii)
Assassin's Creed III (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed III (PS3)
Dishonoured (Xbox 360)
Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360)
FIFA Soccer 13 (PS3)
FIFA Soccer 13 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Xbox 360)
Just Dance 4 (Xbox 360)
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3)
Dishonoured (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Dance Central 3 (Xbox 360)
Skylanders Giants (Wii)
God of War Saga (PS3)
Just Dance 3 (Wii)
Lego Lord of the Rings (Xbox 360)

Source: GamesIndustry [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-26-ubisoft-is-top-seller-in-amazon-black-friday-sales]

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010

Anyway, I'm...really rather surprised that AssCreed3 is so high on the list and BO2 is so low (For a COD game anyway)

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I think what this all comes down to is what was on sale at the major retailers. Looking at that list...

Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 are the only games that I did not see on sale at a physical store. However, those games are obviously big enough releases that they didn't really need to be on sale for them to explode. Each of the other eighteen games on that list were hugely marked down at either Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

Tisiphone1

Doing Science
Dec 27, 2011
Not surprised by this. Dance Central has the widest audience of the games on that list, so it makes sense it'd sell more.

The real question is how long before Dance Central slams into the same brick wall Guitar Hero and Rock Band did?

BernardoOne

Jun 7, 2012
Its Dishonored actually named Dishonoured in America, or people just like to misspell the name of the game every single time?

Tisiphone1

Doing Science
Dec 27, 2011
The source article was written by GamesIndustry's European editor, so I presume that's why it has the UK type spelling.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Fifa... wait, is this sales in America? Because if so, that's a lot of Americans buying Fifa, a country I thought didn't care less about football.

Or if that's Europe/ UK figures, that's a fair few copies of Madden being bought.