Ubisoft Unveils a Sexy Wii Minigame Compilation for Adults

Chronologist

Feb 28, 2010
As ashamed as I am, I have to admit that I know people who would enjoy playing this game. With their significant other, yes. With their friends? Hell no. If I had a geeky, kinky relationship, then I might rent a Wii just so we could try this together and collapse, laughing, after 5 minutes. Might be worth more than a comedy flick ;).

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
what the..

their are no words to address this...
i don't know what it is my mind isn't working properly now that i watched this...

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Wow, what a silly trailer. Glad I was finally able to see it- now I'm not sad that's not coming to the US. The forced laughter...the awkward glances that are supposed to be arousing...for a game that's supposed to be "sexy" this trailer certainly isn't.

PS- Eww putting your lips on your wiimote-your sweaty germy hands have been all over that thing. Gross. I don't want people's spit on my wiimote.

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
I have to say i have mixed feelings about this: I appreciate the effort to try something new, to offer a diversity of games for different audiences (which results in new interesting games, game-styles and little goodies like "World of Goo" and "Zombie vs. Plants" e.g. from time to time) and the approach of - i'll call it - "sex and gender" in a bit different way...

but...

at the same time i'm tired of all those mini"game" compilation wishy-washy-things, retro-makovers and similar stuff flooding the market, being selled for the same prices as "regular" games for no reason doing serious damage to the "game industry for gamers" and i AM questioning: for whom is this? to spank my friend i don't need to abuse a controler, while snuggling one is even unsexier and what the hell does this rating want to tell us? If this isn't controversial, i don't know what is.

Not to mention that this was one of the most disturbing trailer/commercials i've ever seen, PERIOD.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Okay now I just need the game and a woman to play it with... I imagine I could solve both of those problems with money.

SlugLady28

Feb 24, 2011
*Facepalm*

Wow. That... is by far... the dumbest game i've ever seen.

IamQ said:
Didn't Extra Credits just now make an episode about EA's marketing?

Is this irony or cruelty?
A little of both?

Well, if EA sent us back by a few years, this just sent us back by a decade.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Sweet mother of God.

That was my initial reaction. My second was...

It is deeply sexist that the men appear shirtless while the women don't.

Then I was right back to...

Sweet mother of God.
I think that it has more to do with censors than with sexism.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
This is the kind of stuff that only works in commercials.

..... seriously, I hope this bombs

even with some of the junk that has sold so well on the wii before, I don't see this taking off at all because I cant ever see this as the preferred choice of ice-breaker. (like what was the ending about... did they get into an orgy due to the light spanking and pushing their heads into a wii mote as someone dangled it in between them?)

the wii vitality sensor has a better chance in the market than this.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Okay, so it's a minigame collection for swinger couples? Why all the hate? The game doesn't look all that appealing to me - hell, it doesn't look particularly good - but why freak out about it?

Why can't the wii host erotic activities? It already has Warioware...

Kilgengoor

Sep 7, 2010
I uh...

I really think Ubisoft broke another barrier in the history of gamemaking. No, really, this could be a milestone in the history of making games. Let's consider a few basic points:

1- There is an innuendous videogame marketed as PEGI 12.
2- It's shockingly similar to any other Wii games in both appearance and form.
3- There is a commercial, an apparently full-fledged, ready to be put on televisions and such commercial. Now this is important.
4- It closely ressembles all of the previous Wii commercials.

Now, while I sincerely don't give a damn about the PEGI system in this particular game (I would since it suggests it's time somebody puts his/her shit together and wonders how and who are really "protecting" with the current game gradient, but I think there are more pressing issues at hand) please let me rant at length about points 2, 3 and 4. Here's why I think Ubisoft has done something that, either because of its edginess or because of the shame it entices, nobody has done before:

Ubisoft has taken a videogame franchise: its art style, its basic gameplay structure and even its commercial image and has given it a full 180-degree turn into something nobody would have even THOUGHT about. It has taken the family-friendly-hey-everybody-can-play formula of advertising (that I frankly find kinda lazy but oh well) and has reproduced it, only instead of granpas playing soccer keep-ups with the children it depicts people sadly playing a videogame trying to get laid. I think it's out of place, because that is a kind of videogame we had learned to correlate with a very specific kind of product. It's like a salami brand started marketing its products as dildos. Yeah, you can use them as sexual products alright, and yeah, it's still salami and delicious but it's deeply, deeply disturbing. I personally won't be able to shake that commercial from my head whenever I'll be playing Wii Sports, same as I'd feel dirty when eating any Salami, even if I was guarranteed that it's untainted (heh... "taint").

Really, let it sink in. They took one of the most iconical Wii franchises and transformed it into a spicy game.

It's not just that though. This game will mark a milestone in gaming in that it's shamefully, directly and only marketed as a naughty game. I don't know if I'm forgetting any other games (I only skimmed around the replies before me) but even though there's always been blatantly sexual minigames, there's never been something that both marketed itself as a specifically naughty product and with an ad campaign that I at least consider ready to be marketed to a wide audience. Yeah, you've got things like the uncanny valley perversion that was DOA Extreme Volleyball, and you've got things like the Hot Coffee GTA mod and buried condoms in Fable III, but these have always been hidden away and even then have been subjected to voracious complaints. And then you have something that not only falls even below (in my standards) than any dry-humping or virtual mini-bikinis would, but it's marketed both under the same form of any other Wii minigame compilation, but also for people 12 and up AND as something that could easily be sold next to Wii Sports for all we know.

Now, I don't consider myself somebody that would be alarmed about these games, but the deliberate choice of every factor in this game astonishes me. I don't know. Make all the sexy games you want but... you know, try and retain some dignity while doing so.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but awesome. My friends and I are quite open so I can imagine this being a good night (especially if you throw in a bit of wine), however I wish the game didn't look so boring. Also I have a bit of a gut, so I don't think I can pull that off.

EDIT: I seriously don't understand why everyone is so upset? Sure it looks silly, but aren't all Wii products kind of silly? Don't you notice that the Wii looks most ridiculous when it's trying to be serious?

Rafael Dera said:
Rather silly, but ultimately harmless. Does this really offend you?
Thank you!

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
If amateurs could publish wii games, we would have seem something like this years ago.
Still, poor people playing this on the video.