Ubisoft's "Always On" DRM Is Back In Driver: San Francisco

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Hay Ubisoft guess what IM NOT BUYING YOUR GAME BECAUSE OF DRM You lost a sale congrats also lost more of what lil respect you have.

Your not hurting pirates or anything YOUR HELPING THEM YOU DUMBASSES Making the game easyer to play by pirated is just going to loose sales because generaly most people would go why pay for a infier vesion?

I hate pirates and shit but using DRM like this is worse then them

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Well that's it. There's pretty much no good reason for any PC gamer to every buy a Ubisoft game again.

Good job alienating a third of the market, guys.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Ubisoft ToS

Playing the game you bought is a privilege not a right.

We hold no obligation to ensure our servers can handle the expected traffic from our games.

If the game does not sell well enough, we reserve the right to stop supporting this game.

If we no longer support the game on our servers, we will not patch the game to not require online authentication.

... Fuck you legit consumer.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
So R.U.S.E., the online-multiplayer-centric game that's mentioned in the newspiece, is the one that doesn't demand a persistant internet connect with regards to DRM.
Ubisoft probably have some troll-hunting to do.

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
What's even more stupid, is that there will be a cracked version of this on Pirate Bay within 24 hours of release, if not sooner. All they are doing is pissing of any real customers.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Wow, this is stupid.... I mean, I think the game is gonna be shit anyway, but this will only ensure that I never purchase the game... ever.... Even on sale. As it stands, I bought both the Splinter Cell series and the Assassin's Creed series this past summer sale, only to be greeted by the "Ubisoft Launcher". I'm done with them.

Also, this will only encourage people to seek out cracks for the games they legally bought anyway. It won't even be a piracy issue, it'll be that Ubisoft will get no positive data back from customers with this approach. Not that it won't be pirated, but this will encourage people to pirate it.

Apr 28, 2008
And now I go back to not buying any Ubisoft products. Fuck you Ubisoft. Fuck you.

And it's my Birthday today. I was just about to go out and buy quite a few of your games that I've wanted. Like No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, and Conviction.

But now, no. Fuck you. I want nothing to do with any of your products you anti-consumer shits.

Tell me, did this system increase sales of the games that used it? No, I don't give a shit if it reduced piracy, I want to know if it increased sales. Were they significant enough to warrant this system? Were they crap which proved this system doesn't do shit for sales?

I, and many others, would love to know.

Guilherme Zoldan

Jun 20, 2011
I think its pretty clear from the UNIVERSALY negative response that we are seeing here that this DRM is costing Ubisoft more sales then any ammount of pirates.
Do they even realize that DRM has never stoped pirates, as in ever? People who get pirated games wont refrain from doing so because theres DRM, theyll just wait till its cracked, which usualy takes a week.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
It will be hacked inside 2 weeks

All you've done is pissed off the PAYING customers and delayed the pirates less then a month

CONGRATZ

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Ubisoft i thought we had talked about this "always online" DRM is a very bad thing.Now stop trying to put it on games as this kinda DRM only hurts you honest money paying customers.As pirates just hack the DRM so how is this ever going to stop anybody

Ubisoft wise the hell up or get ready to take a hit on sales

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Good thing I'm not interested in this game at all. Can't wait to see the auth servers get pounded. Maybe the lulzboat (what is left of them) or anon or another upstart will target Ubi with merciless resolve so they learn a lesson.

Lets hope!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
They obviously don't want anyone to buy any Driver games anymore

...wait we know that already

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Oh bugger, I was thinking of picking that one up when the priced dropped.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Guilherme Zoldan said:
I think its pretty clear from the UNIVERSALY negative response that we are seeing here that this DRM is costing Ubisoft more sales then any ammount of pirates.
Do they even realize that DRM has never stoped pirates, as in ever? People who get pirated games wont refrain from doing so because theres DRM, theyll just wait till its cracked, which usualy takes a week.
Agreed. Hell, I still haven't bought any of the Assassin's Creed games entirely because Ubisoft keeps doing this.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Well done Ubisoft, you definitely have lost a sale from me. Fucking DRM is your worst enemy yet you still rely on it. Dipshits.

Furthermore no steering wheel support, damn you guys just love shooting yourselves in the foot don't you?

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Aidinthel said:
Guilherme Zoldan said:
Agreed. Hell, I still haven't bought any of the Assassin's Creed games entirely because Ubisoft keeps doing this.
Same here, never bought ass creed solely because of the bullshit DRM they used but I've definitely played it, all I have to say about it.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Wow... they just don't learn.

When did breaking your legitimate customer's game become a good way to stop piracy?

Remember how well this worked last time Ubi?

Remember how none of your paying customers could even play their game, while the pirates were all having fun with their DRM-free versions?

I'm not even angry, just confused. I don't understand what Ubisoft could possibly have to gain by trying to blackmail their customers into pirating their games.