UFO sighted over Chinese airport.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Definitely a rocket of some kind. You can see the second stage igniter kick in at about the 30 second point. The plume is interesting, not a standard kind you'd see from a jet engine, judging by how it spreads through the air faster and more uniform, it's probably burning a kind of propellant with a lighter mass than usual (hydrogen, perhaps?).

swolf

May 3, 2010
dementedartist22 said:
I love how the (sometimes temporarily) unexplainable usually gets stamped with 'alien', 'ghosts' or 'god' . Silly peoples
But look at it!!! That is obviously the ghost of an alien sent by god!!! Sorry...just playing. (Note: I didn't mean that to be offensive. If you're offended, let me know.) Anyways, I dunno...I've experienced things I can't explain so I won't say it doesn't exist but I'm skeptical about it.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
I doubt its aliens. its unlikely intelligent life would develop within driving distance of earth, and is also unlikely that they would give a fuck about us if they were. think about it, we would be nothing but ants to them. the only reason they would really have to make contact with us is:A. anthropological study of us humans, or B. kill us all and strip our planet of resources. and why would they bother studying us, and i don't see lasers and bombs flying our way. and also the ufo seems way too obviously visible to be a sophisticated spacecraft.
i'm betting on military experiment, if anyone wants to counter, go ahead.

CZS PublicEnemy

Aug 29, 2009
It is without a doubt a UFO. Considering that a UFO is an unidentified flying object. It fits that description I'm pretty sure.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
If this were an actual alien UFO, I'm pretty sure the Chinese would have scrambled some semblance of an Air force to guard the airs, if only to make sure it's not a foreign national plane. As the chinese don't seem particularly freaked out, I'm pretty sure they knew it was going to be there.

But of course...

They could be working WITH the aliens!

(cue music)

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
it is clearly goku messing with china. just a bit of a fly over.

and a ufo is unidentified flying object, just because pop culture seems to imply ufo as green men from mars does not make it so.

either way is pretty, probably a test rocket of some kind with some new propulsion system that went off course so back to the drawing board do not want to nuke your own airports that would be pretty fail.

Jaker the Baker

Guild Warrior
Nov 9, 2009
Echer123 said:
In the beginning it looks like a whale ghost.

Also, what's up with the music in the video? It sounds like my Mom's workout videos from the 90s.
Oh God, my worst nightmares are coming true! BUBBLE BOBBLE IN TE REAL WORLD!!! It starts with whale ghosts, and soon kids'll be turning into bubble-blowin dinosaurs!!!

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
swolf said:
dementedartist22 said:
I love how the (sometimes temporarily) unexplainable usually gets stamped with 'alien', 'ghosts' or 'god' . Silly peoples
But look at it!!! That is obviously the ghost of an alien sent by god!!! Sorry...just playing. (Note: I didn't mean that to be offensive. If you're offended, let me know.) Anyways, I dunno...I've experienced things I can't explain so I won't say it doesn't exist but I'm skeptical about it.
I am offended that you would believe I was offended by your sarcastic remark... you bastard (kidding :p)

OT: This is... something, I am an avid believer in alien life forms. But this kind of looks like a military experiment, if china is nice perhaps they can show us the way to gundam goodness

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
Something tells me Chuck Norris Finaly made Space Travel...ALL ALIENS BEWERE OF THE FISTS OF CHUCK NORRIS IN SPACE!!!!!

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
How far away is it from the camera? I don't think it's a military experiment, but who knows. Maybe Google was getting super close shots for Maps.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
I couldn't even begin to speculate what that is, but whatever it does at about :28 seconds in is pretty interesting. It's like it ejected a booster rocket, or something of the sort. It's weird how it suddenly "sheds" that vapor material.

That thing is weird. And kinda spooky.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
Furburt said:
Their claim of a military experiment is probably quite close to the truth. For a country well known for messing with the environment and citizens to test out military hardware, this doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. It might be a UAV of some sort, and was accidentally diverted off course.

However, it's an interesting story. I'll keep an eye off it.
Maybe the Chinese response to the US's 'secret' Aurora bomber program.
Both are going to be ssssiiicccckkkk. Though I still bet the USAF's is better than the PLAAF. (Note the distinct lack of Army in the US Air Force name.)

Anywho, I'd believe more in UFO's if they gave you the radar cross section and height of said object, and why it was so unidentified.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
HellbirdIV said:
At exactly 30 seconds it does... Something, that disrupts the entire flow of smoke behind it. It looks like it might be, I dunno, jumping to hyperspace or at least breaking something hard, but it doesn't seem to be accelerating. All I know is that it looks fucking cool.
Noticed that too: It makes a sort of ring in the atmosphere...or smog layer...not sure which but I would guess it was too low to have breached the atmosphere...Anyway, it looked really cool! Somebody should have tried flagging it down or, hitching a ride >.>

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Wow, this has to be the best "ufo footage" I've seen. It's obviously not fake and the only possibility seems to be a military prototype. However, the obvious question is why the hell would the Chinese government test this over thousands of people - but the same question is true for the alien side of the debate. Why would aliens fly over people for no reason? Why would the Chinese government test technology over people for no reason?

However, both of these questions are misguided, because we don't know if there was "no reason" for this.

I think the most logical assumption is that it was a misfired government aircraft or rocket or something.

Mr. Gency said:
If they attack us, I think it's worth pointing out that Hawking called it.
Interesting. I remember reading an article at a doctor's surgery one day where a scientist was claiming that if aliens do make contact with us, they will most likely be relatively friendly. He claimed that a species that has strong tendencies towards violence and towards conquering other settlements would not survive long enough to become space faring. Basically he was saying that a civilization that has perfected space travel would be an intelligent, diplomatic society because in his eyes they would simply have to be to be able to advance to that point.

Hawking suggests otherwise. Really, it's irrelevant either way because no one knows, but it's interesting at the very least.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
chemicalreaper said:
qazmatoz said:
Probably just North Korea launching more missile *snip*
Extremely unlikely. The second that North Korea launches anything, the U.S. shoots it down almost immediately.
I'm not too sure the US can shoot down stuff the DPRK launches, but thankfully they have shotty construction.

Though I wouldn't want to piss of an Aegis cruiser's radar, apparently they can focus some mad amount of energy down half a degree of bearing. Enough to give a pilot 3 headed kids if his electronics don't fail and drop him into the ocean.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
That's not a UFO. It's a portable daycare for the billions upon billions of kids they have.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The aliens have made a secret pact with China!

[sub][sub]I'll be digging my bomb shelter now...[/sub][/sub]