UFO sighted over Chinese airport.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
It looks like a giant sperm.

What? Just callin it like I see it. And I see it spermlike apparently.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
Gerhardt said:
Well this is exciting. I couldn't find any current thread about this so this will be my first topic. yay me.

At any rate, there has been some buzz about a UFO sighting over the Xiaoshan International airport in China on July 7th.

An excerpt taken from tnerd.com:

Yesterday, the Chinese government shut down an Airport and averted all the flights when a "comet-like fireball" was spotted hovering over the airport's skies in the Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou. Hundreds of people at the airport witnessed the sighting of that mysterious glowing object, allegedly believed to a UFO.

The air traffic control of the Xiaoshan Airport reported the mark of a UFO on their radar, which later vanished mysteriously leaving the airport officials no choice but to shut down airport for about 3-4 hours as a precautionary measure against any contact with that extraterrestrial object.

A Chinese news agency mentioned of a local bus driver who was one of the witnesses to the UFO sightings in China on July 7 late afternoon; quoting his words "The thing suddenly ran westwards fast, like it was escaping from something."

And here's a video.

<youtube=9de44GEIPQw>

The official statement right now is that it was a Chinese military experiment but "no details are permitted at this time."

So, discuss. I'm not a huge UFO nut myself, but this thing does look really eerie.
While a military experimental aircraft might be possible, running it over a crowded international airport doesn't seem like the brightest idea.
The trail, it being a military experiment, it flying over an airport. Clearly they are testing the effects of a newfound type of particle that interferes with electromagnetic radiation. And it begins O_O

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Josh_v2.0 said:
Nouw said:
^?

Anyway, that just looks like a ball of light travelling across the sky.
And...this is normal to you?

Hey, does anyone remember when Zeus struck down that Touchdown Jesus statue? Maybe this is the work of an Olympian.
Actually... yes

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Giant Ice comet burning up in the atmosphere?

It would have to be huge, to make it through the upper atmosphere. As for the sudden change in direction, a large piece coming off could cause the aerodynamics to change.

Thoughts anyone?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
I refuse to believe this UFO has anything to do with aliens. If aliens ever came to Earth, the most pointless thing they could do would be to hover in the sky for a few hours and then leave. I can't see any species wasting resources on that.
They could just be watching us and examinaning our reactions. Lets be honest humans aren't the most friendly of species, its quite possible they don't plan to come down and say hello until they know we won't go hostile on them. Same goes for sharing technology.
Having said that, while this is a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object), there's no way to know what it is and thus it'll stay unidentified.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
This is why I don't take my intergalactic spaceship out as much, it attracts way too much attention!

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
Gerhardt said:
The official statement right now is that it was a Chinese military experiment but "no details are permitted at this time."
Some censoring by the chinese government? Stop the fucking presses! Seriously though, that looks really weird and a bit eerie.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
RicoADF said:
Internet Kraken said:
I refuse to believe this UFO has anything to do with aliens. If aliens ever came to Earth, the most pointless thing they could do would be to hover in the sky for a few hours and then leave. I can't see any species wasting resources on that.
They could just be watching us and examinaning our reactions. Lets be honest humans aren't the most friendly of species, its quite possible they don't plan to come down and say hello until they know we won't go hostile on them. Same goes for sharing technology.
Having said that, while this is a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object), there's no way to know what it is and thus it'll stay unidentified.
If they were watching us, there would be no reason for them to actively show their presence like this. I don't deny that it is possible that an alien species could be observing our progress as a species. However, I don't see what part of an observation wold involve randomly positioning your spaceship/observing device/mystical ball of space dust over a city for a few hours. That doesn't really accomplish anything, aside from showing you how people react to things they don't understand. But they've already had plenty of other chances to observe the exact same thing. Hence why I doubt that this would be part of any alien surveillance program.

Also you saying that humans aren't the friendliest of species makes no sense when you have no intelligent species to compare us to.

Mr. Gency said:
If they attack us, I think it's worth pointing out that Hawking called it.
And he certainly wasn't the first. People predict hostile aliens just as often as they predict malevolent AIs, even when there is no logical reason to assume either.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
dementedartist22 said:
I love how the (sometimes temporarily) unexplainable usually gets stamped with 'alien', 'ghosts' or 'god' . Silly peoples
Well, it's obvious it's some sort of Alien God-Ghost.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I just hope that whatever it is, it doesn't become sentient and rebel against the human race by destroying Earth slowly.

Which I guess is always a good thing to want.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
RicoADF said:
Internet Kraken said:
If they were watching us, there would be no reason for them to actively show their presence like this. I don't deny that it is possible that an alien species could be observing our progress as a species. However, I don't see what part of an observation wold involve randomly positioning your spaceship/observing device/mystical ball of space dust over a city for a few hours. That doesn't really accomplish anything, aside from showing you how people react to things they don't understand. But they've already had plenty of other chances to observe the exact same thing. Hence why I doubt that this would be part of any alien surveillance program.

Also you saying that humans aren't the friendliest of species makes no sense when you have no intelligent species to compare us to.

Mr. Gency said:
If they attack us, I think it's worth pointing out that Hawking called it.
And he certainly wasn't the first. People predict hostile aliens just as often as they predict malevolent AIs, even when there is no logical reason to assume either.
Yeah, for a civilisation to be capable to travel anywhere near Earth from outside of the Solar system they would still need to do atmospheric observation? Think of the processes we took, we saw the moon with eyes, long range instruments, and THEN landed on it. If they are that advanced they would likely not need to get that close, so I agree.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
FC Groningen said:
Don't know what it is, but I sure hope that's not a militairy plane for environmental, practical and health reasons.
Somehow I prefer that over aliens coming over here any time soon... unless they do in which case I was for them all along, <.<