Uh Oh, Sony Abandons The Last Guardian's Trademark

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
The Last Guardian will come out at the same time Half Life 3 will and by that I mean never.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
They might go the Final Fantasy 15 route and like the news suggest, just re-brand it for the PS4. Seems to be working for Square, I don't see why it wouldn't also work for Sony. This wouldn't even be the first game in it's series to have a rebranding. "Shadow of the Colossus" was originally titled "NICO" and looked like a very different game than what it turned into.

Re-branding games with troubled development sounds like a good way to get rid of vaporware accusations, you can also pull them back out at the conference of your choice and become this immediate show stopper. Team Ico is probably working on something even if what results may not be what we originally expected.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Since I don't really have a PS4 to begin with I can't say I was ever hyped let alone feel some sort of loss, it;s basically Sony's version of Half Life 3 anyway and we know that won't live up to the hype that's been getting for years now.

it's time to let it go.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I dunno about you guys, but The Last Guardian: Forever does have punchy (and appropriate) ring to it.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
"In full development" is the same line that Blizzard passed when Titan was just being whispered as 'vaporware'. And we all know how that turned out....

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Oh well, so that is a thing that happened.

You know what, The Last Guardian, you just stay right where you are: a fantasy. Because by now, the reality could not possibly hope to satisfy our expectations.

That goes for you too, Half-Life 3.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
You know what? I think it'd be kind of cool if we had a game that we constantly had on our minds, but never actually got. A phantom of a game, flickering between existence and void, haunting us with its figure yet never truly materializing. Something that spends decades in development and drops one minor news story like every 2 years. With the former champion released years ago and turning out a piece of horse manure, there is a throne waiting for the new k... oh sorry, didn't see you sitting there already, Half Life 3.

I've had this on my mind for years, but I'll finally just say it: I find it darkly funny that the very company that once upon a time pioneered episodic gaming with one of the most recognizable IP's in the world has so consistently and lengthily failed to do the one thing they were trying to do. It's a rather intimidating thought that we're less than 2 years away from the 10th anniversary of Episode 2's release.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Ffffffffffffffffffffff-

Oh well, Ueda had already called it quits and I don't have a PS4 anyway.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Story said:
Starik20X6 said:
I don't have a PS4 yet, but I think this would be the system seller for me. So if you want my money Sony, get it done.
Funny. I said this nearly 5 years ago but for the PS3.
Oh BOOM!

Yeah I was late to the Team ICO party- first played their games as the HD rereleases on PS3, so I haven't been hanging for The Last Guardian as long as others.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
That one trademark guy has probably been fired - if he exists - for causing this right kerfuffle - oh my god its not redlining thats a word an actual word.

Really really hope that this doesn't get released on PS4, and that's if it's going to be released, full stop.