UK Atheists Hope to Eliminate Jedi Population

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The only true religion is the one of the Emperor! Die heretics!

Incredibly stupid, I hope they don't eliminate them. Hell it's arguable that the Jedi way is a pretty damn good way to live.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I've never been Closer to saying "Fuck you" to anybody like this.

I'd choose Sith anyways

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
damn makes me wish i had filled out my census and sent it in but it was way more trouble than it was worth after all how the fuck am i supposed to know the average btu's used monthly?

AmazonianBeauty

May 7, 2008
FFS I personally don't have a problem with Jedi as an atheist, that would be as silly as trying to eliminate the pastafarians and their Flying spaghetti monster.(Who rocks btw)
It's the mainstream religions which need to jump off a cliff to find their god doesn't exist when they plummet to their demise.
I for one love good fiction, just don't try peddling the dogma found in the bible to me.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
As a Roman Catholic, I am inclined to say the following whenever I see this picture:

What is thy bidding, my Master?

Also, I usually write in "Sith" for my religion.

Also, if more people wrote Jedi or Sith, the government just might finance Force-based schools, where children all wear robes of tan or charcoal black, and are taught to fight each other whenever there is an encounter.
Honestly they should build at least one Jedi academy, I think people would go to it. If the problem is that they are using the jedi votes as an excuse to fund religious schools then they shouldn't throwing out the votes Jedi. They can't take the Hindu votes and make Catholic schools with them. Hell I'm pretty sure they just count Jedi votes the same as if left blank, they can't turn those blank votes into schools. I think this "You are not a jedi" movement doesn't hold a lot of ground. So yeah if the government is somehow using the Jedi statistic to increase religious funding, then I think they should be legally obligated to build a Jedi Academy.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Bobzer77 said:
It seems definitive, Atheists can't take a joke.
I'm an Atheist, and I think both sides of this story are stupid and makes me laugh my ass off. Your assumption is moot.

As for the thread, let them put whatever they want. Only difference between all the religions in the world is which one is organized and which isn't. They all believe in some sort of higher-power, let people believe whatever they want. Just to piss people off, I put down "Unitologist" from Dead Space as my religion whenever prompted.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
limbaugh: limbaugh says no tax dodging jedis under my rule
luke: jedis a religion!!!

cookie to whomever gets where thats from

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
2xDouble said:
-snipped-
"all of the above"
-snipped-
I'm not sure if you live in the UK or not, but if you do, and you fill out your census thing. Assuming you don't take the 'religion' question too seriously, could you fill that out as your answer? For teh lulz, of course.

OT: No seriously, what do they put you down as if you say you are every religion ever? A pluralist? An idiot? A genius? Some kind of pluralist idiot-genius?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Next census over here, I'm ticking Jedi for religion. I've always hated Lent anyway.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I thought the point of being non religious was that we could laugh at religion and its absurdity?
Like wtf....Take a joke U.K atheists.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
drisky said:
Paksenarrion said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
As a Roman Catholic, I am inclined to say the following whenever I see this picture:

What is thy bidding, my Master?

Also, I usually write in "Sith" for my religion.

Also, if more people wrote Jedi or Sith, the government just might finance Force-based schools, where children all wear robes of tan or charcoal black, and are taught to fight each other whenever there is an encounter.
Honestly they should build at least one Jedi academy, I think people would go to it. If the problem is that they are using the jedi votes as an excuse to fund religious schools then they shouldn't throwing out the votes Jedi. They can't take the Hindu votes and make Catholic schools with them. Hell I'm pretty sure they just count Jedi votes the same as if left blank, they can't turn those blank votes into schools. I think this "You are not a jedi" movement doesn't hold a lot of ground. So yeah if the government is somehow using the Jedi statistic to increase religious funding, then I think they should be legally obligated to build a Jedi Academy.
If I had the hacking skills, I would playfully add the following to the "You are not a Jedi" movement:

"Your lack of faith is...disturbing."

"Every single person in this movement is now an Enemy of the Republic."

"No, it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things."

"I have altered the site. Pray I do not alter it any further."

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
this isnt my name said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Orcus_35 said:
I'm with the Brotherhood of Steel...

Caught you.

Its generally a bad idea to announce BOS membership. Announcing that is akin to announcing your in the Enclave, who are also enemies of NCR. Factions, not religions. The west coast BOS does however have a big church with plasma screens. That reminds me, I shall put down "Hubologist" in the census when it comes around. If anyone knows what a Hubologist is, they get a cookie.

Degenerates like you belong on a cross! Where are the rest of the profligates hiding. True to Caesar.

Jedi is stupid, yes its a joke,but its still fucking stupid, so I approve of order 66.
That Ringa-ding-baby, you go kill those Jedi while I go get that Plantum Chip and take New Vegas for myself.

Heh heh heh, suckers.

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
I think a whole lot of trouble could be avoided if a simple morality check were to replace the religion portion

Are you:
A) lawful anal good
B) chaotic good
C) true neutral
D) BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
E) above constraints of petty morality...

Etc.

The Big Eye

Truth-seeking Tail-chaser
Aug 19, 2009
"No religion" is not a religion. I don't see the point of trying to defend it against people's desire to have fun.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
This probably isn't as big a problem in the UK as it is here in the US, but as an atheist I can see the point. You have no idea how many times I've heard bullshit anti-atheist opinions/attempts at laws justified with "Well they're the tiny minority." The more vocal you are, the more people actually understand what atheists are.

Again, this is a problem I run into in the US, even California, but not really at all in Europe.

The "Not liking the government of UK" part of me thinks any jokes played on the census over there, though, are pretty funny.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
If I had the hacking skills, I would playfully add the following to the "You are not a Jedi" movement:

"Your lack of faith is...disturbing."

"Every single person in this movement is now an Enemy of the Republic."

"No, it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things."

"I have altered the site. Pray I do not alter it any further."
"You don't believe in the Force, do you Han"

"If you strike Jedi on your consensus I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

This is fun!