UK Local Elections 2021

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Do I think something with the Twitter handle 'bbclaurak' and a blue tick should be considered to be acting in her professional role as a BBC journalist? That's what you're asking? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Edit: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! A ludicrous display last night.
Considering the nonsense other journalists have spouted on twitter before. How many White male shooters have turned out to not be that again?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Wouldn't be the first time you've hallucinated. Or just made shit up.

Let's have a citation, then.
Christ as it happened and was dealt with in complaints at the time I think it was BBC news 6pm 2005 or so. So best of getting me to find anything more specific than that because of how long ago it was. I still remember it because it was pretty shocking to have happen at the time

....she then went on to say that austerity was necessary to tackle the debt.
Well one way or another it will be. Either delaying it under Labour while they fail to collect the proper taxes from big companies and end up passing it on to subsequent governments who will have to do austerity or just admitting there's a problem and keeping some level of austerity now. It's far from ideal but this idea of growing your way out of debt is what the US has kept trying and not worked yet as have other countries. Even Labour admitted when they lost they'd have had to put in austerity to reduce debts after Brown failed to get elected.

If you work in a public capacity as a representative of a media company, then your social media postings are part of that.

Especially since she has BBC in her handle. She's representing them when she publicly speaks under the name of their organisation, yes, fucking obviously.
So about all those reporters who keep reporting on White shooters who turn out not to be?

Ah, so nothing to do with the proposal in question, then. OK.
The second one was.

Ah, so not a proposal from Labour at all, then. OK.

Still waiting for the direct use of the word "mandatory" you claimed was in Labour's proposal. Let's look at the context together.
Actually if you read it that's the organisation Labour were backing as part of the proposal who put it forward lol

More irrelevant rambling.

Answer the question. You objected to a party setting proportions on the number of female candidates. Then, when it turned out the Tories did it, you said it was justified because Labour had criticised them for sexism.

So, since the Tories have also criticised Labour for sexism, does that mean Labour would be justified in doing it as well? Why did you whine about it at all if you don't care when the right do it? This is all sheer transparent hypocrisy.
No I mocked Labour for being shallow in doing so and being shown up to only be using women as window dressing to look good lol.
Labour were criticised for how their attempted virtue signalling played out in the end lol

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Christ as it happened and was dealt with in complaints at the time I think it was BBC news 6pm 2005 or so. So best of getting me to find anything more specific than that because of how long ago it was. I still remember it because it was pretty shocking to have happen at the time
Oooookay. It didn't actually happen, did it?

Well one way or another it will be. Either delaying it under Labour while they fail to collect the proper taxes from big companies and end up passing it on to subsequent governments who will have to do austerity or just admitting there's a problem and keeping some level of austerity now. It's far from ideal but this idea of growing your way out of debt is what the US has kept trying and not worked yet as have other countries. Even Labour admitted when they lost they'd have had to put in austerity to reduce debts after Brown failed to get elected.
This is just you repeating Conservative Party economic dogma now.

So about all those reporters who keep reporting on White shooters who turn out not to be?
Whataboutism.

The second one was.
It literally wasn't even a Labour proposal.

Actually if you read it that's the organisation Labour were backing as part of the proposal who put it forward lol
The organisation (Black Curriculum) isn't mentioned at all in Labour's proposal. This is another untrue thing.

I'm still waiting for the direct quote of the use of the word "mandatory", by the way. Third time asking now.

No I mocked Labour for being shallow in doing so and being shown up to only be using women as window dressing to look good lol.
Labour were criticised for how their attempted virtue signalling played out in the end lol
Ahhh. So it's not "shallow" when it's the Conservatives doing the exact same thing. Gotcha. Perfectly consistent standards there.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Oooookay. It didn't actually happen, did it?
It did but have you tried looking for stuff on the internet these days?

This is just you repeating Conservative Party economic dogma now.
You mean rather than repeating bullshit that gambling companies wish they could put on their ads?

Whataboutism.
Relevant to the topic of holding reporters accountable for tweets.

It literally wasn't even a Labour proposal.
Oh so them supporting and backing the proposal and organisation doesn't mean they support said proposal or were the ones pushing it in the commons? Weird how Labour gets to pretend not to support it now and we once again end up at semantics.

The organisation (Black Curriculum) isn't mentioned at all in Labour's proposal. This is another untrue thing.

I'm still waiting for the direct quote of the use of the word "mandatory", by the way. Third time asking now.

They're literally the ones who passed the proposal to Labour in a letter.......... it said so in the previous article I linked to lol

Ahhh. So it's not "shallow" when it's the Conservatives doing the exact same thing. Gotcha. Perfectly consistent standards there.
No we've not seen a mass exodus of Conservative women ministers like under labour.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
The people who sabotaged Corbyn lol

Not really
Some British Overseas Territories (Not part of the UK proper, granted) have been accused of being tax havens.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
that may be true
I have not researched all the British Overseas Territories. I am most familiar with the Falkland Islands (not a tax haven), Gibraltar (probably a tax haven by any fair definition) and the Cayman islands (tax haven).