UK Police Arrest Teen Over Call of Duty Hacking

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Whether the kid is guilty or innocent people who actually do this are the lowest form of life in the gaming culture. People who do these things not only show just how low their skill is (same with aimbotting etc.) but that they have no integrity to accept their standings and use external means to improve them. Just like rigging votes in an election or fixing the lottery numbers to come out for your benefit, cheating in any form in a multiplayer game has no, I repeat no favorable arguments unless your moral compass points south by default. Then if true, you have no hope as a decent human being.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Well I suppose scaring the crap out of him by having the police show up at his door for a denial of service attack could stop him from ecoming worse when he gets older... I hope :/

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Aww, what's duh matter? Baby keeps getting shot? Does baby run out, start spraying bullets and get sniped? AWWW, poor baby. Dumbass.

Makszi

Apr 1, 2010
Why is this always what the media says about stuff that's newly illegal?

"...often a precursor to more serious computer-related offenses"

If you take out the word "computer" and insert the names of other currently illegal things you get the "reasoning" for making things illegal. I'm not saying hacking is necessarily 'okay' but I think lagging up bandwidth connections on a video-game is a little too innocent to warrant an arrest.

Watch this:

Cannabis is............................drug-related...
Rock and Roll is....................degenerate-related...
sex on tv is.............................sex-related...
Violent Video-games are...............violence-related...
......||..........................................................||
.....\ /........................................................\ /
......\/..........................................................\/
...often a precursor to more serious computer-related offenses.

There is no such thing as a gateway crime.

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Cheating online hey? Do so and you deserve some "Happy fun-time jail shower time" as far as I'm concerned... or maybe just the eminent threat of it to scare them out of hacking anything with online interactions ever again.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
88chaz88 said:
What puzzles me is why anyone would do this.
Same reason as any other kid cheats or hacks: to grow his e-penor and to make himself look like a god in a video game. Only difference is they don't seem to realise its a rather punishable crime.

Draksune

Aug 10, 2010
Well, I suppose if you run into aimbot hackers you can link the arrest article to them and hope it scares them out of continuing to be a no-skill cheat.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Nukeforyou said:
i wouldn't call a dos a hack or a cheat.. thats just forcing your opponents offline so your left with the lower skilled opposition
Removing most of the competition so you have a better chance of winning? yeah... that would be cheating.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Nukeforyou said:
i wouldn't call a dos a hack or a cheat.. thats just forcing your opponents offline so your left with the lower skilled opposition
As far as I can tell, he altered the game's code which is hacking, and he gave his team an unfair advantage, which is cheating.