UK Retailers Threaten to Ditch Steam Games

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
AC10 said:
Damn free market capitalism, how dare it work exactly as it's supposed to!?!
In what crazy world is risky, progressive, convenient and immensely cheaper system with great customer support flourishing while traditional old as time physical location is beat out by it?
This internet thing is just a fad anyways.
This is exactly my mentality, it reminds me of this too big to fail BS. Nothing is "Too big to fail". Any organization that gets so big it destroys itself deserves to be destroyed. A massive economic downturn may result, but something newer and better will rise from it's bloated corpse and turn things around. The destruction of any business entity simply leads to the growth of a new one.

Sometimes you have to burn the forest so it can flourish. Same sentiment.

Kneel

Jan 5, 2010
Hilarous. The PC sections of most UK game stores are pitifully small anyway, and I've been resorting to the likes of Play.com and Steam for years now. I'll be losing zero sleep over this.

On a side note, some supermarket chains (Morrisons, for example) have abandoned their PC selection completely and have the last of their titles going for pennies. £7 for 'Far Cry 2' and 'Star Wars : Battlefront 2' can't be scoffed at.

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
I suspect any producer who excludes steam would be making a big mistake, atleast in Australia where bricks and mortar game shops are price gouging. It's lack of availability on steam is exactly why I havn't bothered with fable 3 despite enjoying the first 2. And I know of others would similar views to mine