UK Safe Sex Campaign Uses Mario, Mega Man

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
That's pretty cool, especially compared to cringe worthy campaigns that are usually seen around these parts.

Also, Leicester government? When did Leicester break free?!

Suicideking

Oct 28, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Maybe they'll release video game brand condoms...

I'll just stick with tropical flavoured :3
Video game brand condoms... well.. here:
http://www.ripten.com/2010/07/16/nintendo-condoms-for-the-mature-adult-gamer-dylan4422/

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Well, if ANY Safe Sex - ad sticks to the mind of the intended audience, it's probably this one. Great show!

The_Graff

Oct 21, 2009
Irridium said:
lacktheknack said:
Tharwen said:
Orcus_35 said:
Evilsanta said:
I guess that is a good way...Though using a newer game would maybe yield better results.

Still not a bad way to go.
I wouldn't imagine what a HalfLife 2 condom campaign would render...
Probably something to do with crabs.

With the word 'crowbar' awkwardly squeezed in somewhere.
...I. Hate. You. Now.
Fight off headcrabs with your stiff, hard crowbar!
... I'll be in my bunk.

blackguard89

Aug 5, 2010
GamesB2 said:

Lawls.....Buy it now....The Half life HEV condom.Protecting your privates from diseases and nuclear waste =)))))))))
Or can you imagine this campaign with some of these days games?
Like COD MW2, Black ops, and stuff like that.
Also they should have used Zero punctuation's idea.MArio...>Now if Mario does not have a condom, he does not get "CAKE" from peach =))

Oct 14, 2010
I'm forced to watch this with the sound off for now, but please tell me the video ended with the repeated "1-up" noise.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
What's an STI? Is that like a more powerful STD?
Tim Latshaw said:
I'm forced to watch this with the sound off for now, but please tell me the video ended with the repeated "1-up" noise.
Nah. Just the sound of a coin.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
If they planned all along to censor the guy's 8bit junk....why did the always show it just before the black bar showed up? Also, why I am so focused on 8bit wang?

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I've always been a fan of find a girl, go get tested together, put her on Birth Control, then make like the proverbial rabbits. An ex with a latex allergy turned me on to that scenario and I for one couldn't had been happier.

One I can't stand condoms, If I wanted to get turned on and not feel anything while I work up a sweat I'll go to the gym.

Two, once a kid finds out how much better it feels without one, he'll do whatever he has to to not have to use one.

Three, kids, as mentioned above, are dumb, really really dumb, and they don't want to spend good money on something that will decrease the pleasure of SEX, a perfectly understandable argument to make until you weigh in how much std meds cost and the abortion...

I'm surprised that money is never the hammer point of safe sex campaigns. They talk about STDs and pregnancy, or the religious "it's a sin", but I would had responded better to "a dollar now will save you much more later" approach.

The thing I find strange about this campaign is 8-bit gamers are in their mid 20's or older now... strange choice but I suppose a pokemon spoof wasn't possible.

GamesB2 said:

Clearly you've never been to Japan, my fav's are the 1up branded condoms, or mushrooms, make me laugh every time.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Great, Thanks Leicester Police, you have officially gave activists a reason to blame VideoGames for un-protected sex.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Irridium said:
Well, I guess its better then this:

That video scarred me for the rest of my life now. SO. DAMN. CREEPY!

OT: It's a good idea put they should try a more, oh, I don't know, MODERN game?