UK Safe Sex Campaign Uses Mario, Mega Man

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
AvsJoe said:
What's an STI? Is that like a more powerful STD?
Sexually Transmitted Infection, it changed about two years ago, apparently too many people were deathly afraid of the world "disease," as it was typically "incurable and fatal." *Rolls eyes* I'm still calling it an STD, regardless.

mariofan1000 said:
Best ad ever, but being honest it's basically promoting "REMEMBER, WEAR A CONDOM! MAKE THE HUMAN RACE EXTINCT!"
Uh, no. It's so teens will stop being dumb and getting pregnant. It's not saying kill us off, it's saying to quit getting knocked up as a teen like a moron and wait until you're more emotionally and financially mature before having kids like a responsible person should be.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
mjc0961 said:

Okay, so you know how if you just let Mega Man stand there, he kinda stares blankly ahead and blinks a lot? That's what this video made me do, except I'm thinking "What the hell did I just watch?!" along with it.

Also, I know it was just one little beige pixel, but I find it silly that they would show his 8-bit junk (twice) and then cover it up with a censor bard. Kinda defeats the purpose of censoring it if we already saw it. :p
Yeah... But surely you can see the sense of humour behind it right?

I mean, a censorship bar that slowly moves into place after you can already see what it's supposed to be covering?

That's quite amusing to me.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Tharwen said:
Orcus_35 said:
Evilsanta said:
I guess that is a good way...Though using a newer game would maybe yield better results.

Still not a bad way to go.
I wouldn't imagine what a HalfLife 2 condom campaign would render...
Probably something to do with crabs.

With the word 'crowbar' awkwardly squeezed in somewhere.
hahahahaha yeah probably...

with civilian comments like "when this is all over... i'm gonna mate"

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
So is that green one that came from behind Syphillis(sp)? Does a condom even protect against that?

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
I... what?!

So condoms are like stars now? Why dident anyone tell me this? I would be the star player of a football deam if i knew this!

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
LOL
That was awesome.
And it sure as hell beats the shit out of those awful pantomime lectures.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's not like Mario ever got his willy wet, so how would he represent safe sex?
Or are they just trying to teach girls not to put out...

Quartermaine

Nov 22, 2010
Something tells me using Mario wouldn't have been too good, A mushroom tripping skirt chasing plumber. Wait, he would be perfect for the target market!

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
So... uhh... is anyone else a bit put off by the fact that the characters appear to be children?

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Tim Latshaw said:
I'm forced to watch this with the sound off for now, but please tell me the video ended with the repeated "1-up" noise.
Oh, that would have been epic =D But sadly no.

I think this is cute - I'm not sure it'll work, because the kind of people they're targeting have a practically impenetrable barrier of stupidity and denial, but I like their creativity =)

EDIT: as for that old Mario Sex Ed video...I think the most disturbing part was where they talked about girls developing pubic hair...and then a bunch of Mario's moustaches appear all over the girl-diagram's pubic area.

This is disturbing on many levels.... 0_o

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Nice of him to test his condom against all the STIs after collecting it. Almost as though he resents the girlfriend for sending him out to get one, so he's contaminating the outside of it deliberately.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Why am I reminded of Scott Pilgrim by this?

I did like how once he got his condom he blasted thought the enemy's as if to say "Fuck this shit I'm getting laid".