Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Info Blowout

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Info Blowout

Capcom has finally revealed Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, along with a release date, a batch of screenshots, a handful of videos and a list of the game's new fighters.

Fighting game fans have been speculating on the existence of an upgraded version of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for months, and today at the San Diego Comic Con, Capcom made things official: Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 hits the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this November.

The new game features a host of balance tweaks and alterations to its predecessor's gameplay options, but most importantly, it also features twelve new combatants.

Representing the Capcom side, we have Strider Hiryu, Firebrand, Vergil, Frank West, Phoenix Wright, and Nemesis.

On the Marvel side, the game boasts Ghost Rider, Nova, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Iron Fist and Rocket Raccoon.

Taken alongside the original game's 38 fighters, this brings the total Marvel Vs Capcom 3 roster to a nice, round 50 characters.

Pricing details on Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 have yet to be revealed, though Capcom claims the game will be "mid-priced" once it reaches retail. Whether or not the company is exploring the possibility of releasing the additional content as downloadable content for the original Marvel Vs Capcom 3 -- much as they did with the recent Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- is anyone's guess.

You can find a gallery of the game's brand new screenshots below, footage of the game in action embedded above, and a handful of additional video clips on the official Capcom Unity YouTube page [http://www.youtube.com/user/CapcomUnityVideos#p/search].

[gallery=394]

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
and this can't be DLC because...?

i'm not buying this in the store. if i want it, i will buy it second-handed, capcom doens't deserve money for doing this.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
HigherTomorrow said:
No Spoiler Alert for the leaked characters? Thanks, Escapist.
Try the bold summary at the very top of the article.

I liked the video, but I'm always frustrated by games that have the cartoony midget characters be unstoppable powerhouses, while the most real-looking characters are wimps in comparison. I'm looking at you, Brawl.

Then again I may not even get this. MvC3 was ok but I wasn't blown away by it. More characters certainly won't affect much in the way of my opinion. There's just no weight behind any of the attacks.

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
so an "enhanced" version already, I'll have to see on this one, Vergil and Frank "covered wars" West does sound appealing though (and a spectator mode for online hopefully)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
blackdwarf said:

i'm not buying this in the store. if i want it, i will buy it second-handed, capcom doens't deserve money for doing this.
Then why buy it at all?

Don't get me wrong, I STRONGLY support the used market and think it's an important part of the gaming industry. I just don't get why they don't deserve money for it if you seem to want it bad enough to buy it.

Misho-

May 20, 2010
Just a couple of comments... Hate to buy the new game (probably will because of the low price + extra characters) but first... Why can't these guys be added as DLC for the MVC3? Second supossedly it has an Spectator mode confirmed... But what about Story mode? And also, it's cool they revamped the original gameplay and check some minor things but... WHAT THE HELL WITH THOSE HEALTH BARS?! They look the same as MVC (1), so hard to see/know how much health is left for the off-screen characters?!?! Why change what was working already?

EDIT:I mean a REAL STORY MODE, with Cut-scenes for endings, not a couple of static concept arts passed off as an ending.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
You know, I was ready to say "Screw this, I'm not buying another version of a game I already own," but damnit those new characters are great. Strider, Frank West, and freakin' Phoenix Wright on the Capcom side, and Dr. Strange and Iron Fist on Marvel (yeah I know most don't know or care about Iron Fist, but I'm a big fan of his recent comics)? Now I just don't know what to think.

Edit: (Spoilers: or at least as spoilerish as you can get in a game with no real story) I do find it interesting that Iron Fist and Ghost Rider are in, as they showed up in Ryu and Dante's endings, respectively. I haven't seen most of the other endings though, so I wonder if any of the rest show up?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
PHOENIX WRIGHT?! DAY ONE FUCKING PURCHASE!

*ahem*

Yeah Capcom you in fact, are getting my money, disregard all my other comments about this in other threads.

I need to lie down... When does it come out again? November?! Goddangit! Why then? Why is everything coming out in November?!

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
blackdwarf said:

Each character is worth $5. 12 characters. 12 x 5 = $60. Now the 8 stages. How much do you say a stage is worth, $2 or $3?

Yeah, $40 is a bargain.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
blackdwarf said:

Then why buy it at all?

Don't get me wrong, I STRONGLY support the used market and think it's an important part of the gaming industry. I just don't get why they don't deserve money for it if you seem to want it bad enough to buy it.
Why support the used market if you support the game industry?

The developers and publishers don't see a cent from used game sales.

Feb 13, 2008
If Firebrand is in it...(Ghost and Goblins Graveyard Demon)...does that mean you're going to fight Cyber-Satan-Akuma at the end of it?

Before having doing it all again from the beginning...

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
And now I want to see Phoenix Wright OBJECTION!!! Dark Phoenix. I want to see this very much.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
HigherTomorrow said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Why support the used market if you support the game industry?

The developers and publishers don't see a cent from used game sales.
Used games do put money back into the active gaming system, though. People who sell their games tend to use them to buy games, and given the use of trade-in as incentives to buy new games, it would look like a lot of it goes into new purchases.

It's rather disingenuous to say they don't see a cent. They don't get paid a second time for a second-hand game. The money, however, tends to go back to the gaming industry.

Besides, the used market is literally a right of gamers and other media users. To ask why I support is is asking why I support gamer's rights. Or, more broadly, consumer rights.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Uhh.... Nova? Hawkeye? Rocket raccoon? Doctor Strange?.... Fuck you Capcom! I didn't want to buy this game under principle and now you are seducing me with some of my favorite characters. :(((((