Ultimate MVC 3 is Worth Every Penny.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
You're going to see a few threads from me tonight, a few things on my mind and I'd like to hear some thoughts. Now...

Why are people complaining about Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3? I get it, Capcom are known for re-releases that can be excessive, but this is clearly not the same story.

Everyone expected DLC to come for Vanilla MvC 3, which would've been coming in the form of characters at £4.50-$5 each. Ignoring the stages and other features, it would've taken about 8 DLC characters to get to the price point they're asking, and that's characters and nothing else.

I'm not factoring in balance changes because those things don't cost money, but considering we're getting quite a lot for the price point (characters, stages, improved online with spectator mode and so on) what's the problem?

Is it coming on a disc with a slightly altered title really that bad? Would you have preferred for all of these characters to come as DLC and cost considerably more?

Is the principle really that important?

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
I personally think that a lot of hate is garnered towards U:MVC3 now because it seems that's all that Capcom does nowadays, rehashes and more rehashes. That and the 2 cancelled mega-man games have really pissed a lot of fans off. I personally don't mind them (Capcom) that much (I fucking love Monster Hunter and Dead Rising and I have high hopes for Dragon's Dogma) but I look at them like EA's sport division, where all they do is slap a new label on it and sell it to the masses (yes I know this is not exactly true in either case but it sure seems like it sometimes)

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
I bought MvC3 for $65 new.

Now, a few months later, they say 'Thanks for buying the beta! Now here's the real game with all the stuff it should've had'.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
You're completely right, it would have cost roughly twice as much as DLC. Also, Gamestop will probably have some kind of trade-in promotion, so we won't even be spending $40 (unless you want to keep Vanilla too). Unfortunately, this is the internet. People will complain. If UMvC3 were a free update, people would complain that it lacked a Mega Man.

Nokterne

Aug 27, 2008
Because I bought the first one full price, and they are releasing a "more complete" version less than a year later. It's a little underhanded.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Not everyone buys DLC characters.
The biggest problem with UMvC3 is that it will split up the online community only nine months after the original launch. They make a way to do this that allows cross-compatibility between versions and I'm happy. I don't care a bit for what character is in it.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I'm pissed that it's being released less than a year later, but the game itself does warrant another purchase in my opinion. There are enough new characters and balance changes to justify a $40 price tag. It's exactly the same as Super Street Fighter 4, which was an amazing game.