Ultimate Racing Sim Setup Costs $200,000

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ultimate Racing Sim Setup Costs $200,000

Do you want the absolute best racing simulator setup that money can buy? Better have two hundred grand lying around.

Okay, I get that there are people who take their simulations very, very seriously - and that's totally fine by me. If you want to spend hours getting the best possible setup for your flight simulator or your racing simulator, then go for it. It just seems odd to me, though, that for the $191,000 price tag of the Cruden Hexatech Simulator [http://cruden.web01.ezcompany.nl/], you could buy quite a few real cars.

That's not to say that it's not impressive, though. The three wrap-around screens are gorgeous, the hydraulic tripod chassis setup is designed to accurately simulate how the G-forces on your body would feel every time you rounded a corner, and it can apparently be customized to the car of your choice - as well as get accurate feedback from the tires, the suspension, and all of that fancy car stuff. The Cruden Hexatech can accurately simulate Formula 1 racing, NASCAR racing, and even if those are the only types of races I know I'm sure it can simulate other things as well.

And for $200,000, it damn well better be able to.

(Technabob [http://technabob.com/blog/2009/12/29/cruden-hexatech-car-simulator/])

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
WAIT, so people are actually buying a $200,000.00 racing car simulator, when the cost of an average NASCAR racing car is $125,000.00???

[small]-100 Faith in Humanity[/small]

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
That is pretty freaking awesome.
I'd love to hook Forza 3 up to that sweet setup!
Then I can truly feel what it's like to bomb around in my stock Toyota Yaris!

...What? I'm not that far in the game!

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Mertruve said:
200,000 for a sim? Why not just buy a real farking car?
Let's see... oh, when you crash, you don't die. That's an advantage right there.
But...its....Two hun- grand. On a simulator thing. You could buy a very nice CAR for that much. A...real one.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
WAIT, so people are actually buying a $200,000.00 racing car simulator, when the cost of an average NASCAR racing car is $125,000.00???

Because nascar isn't the most expensive racing format in the world? Try to see how far you can get towards buying an F1 with 200k.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Why? This is ridiculous, I know people want to feel as if their in a car without leaving the house and without the need to pay for petrol, but still, that is bananas, paying almost 200000 for one, no thanks.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Asehujiko said:
HardRockSamurai said:

Because nascar isn't the most expensive racing format in the world? Try to see how far you can get towards buying an F1 with 200k.
And pretty sure buying an F1 car and a NASCAR stock car together would be a pretty penny.

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
So...what, do we die if we crash it? I don't think I want that!
Do they have airbags? Does your car stop completely once you crash/glass get thrown on your face?
I THINK NOT!

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
That looks astonishing! And pretty!

I would not buy it. Yet, it still remains cool.

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
Gaming - Serious Buissness.

But getting back on topic, $200,000? Seems a bit much, even for something that basicaly lets you simulate crashing into a wall at 120MPH, minus all that getting killed stuff. Still, If people are ready to spend that much to have that, I say let 'em. They must take their gaming pretty seriously, So... Yeah. Kind of like a mid-life crisis sort of situation, I guess.