Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition Contest Now Live

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition Contest Now Live

We have two, yes two, of the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Editions to give away which includes the artifact everyone wants...the Phurba Dagger!

Be forewarned, getting your hands on one of these daggers won't be easy. The natives want to keep this treasure hidden, so they've assembled a few tasks to prevent you from locating it.

To get started on your hunt for the Phurba Dagger, CLICK HERE [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/Uncharted2dagger] and good luck.

(You must have a valid PSN account, be 18 years of age and be a resident of the US to enter.)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
You know, normally I'm totally zen about staff members not being allowed to enter, but dooooo wannnnnttttttt....

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Eh, I have no idea to any of these answers and have to admit that I'd have no use for the dagger. I'll take my chances at buying Uncharted 2 rather than this contest.

To sum it up, I'm extremely lazy.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Was going to enter until I read the 'only for people in the US' bit // Im very disspointed in you Escapist!

Well it doesn't stop me from entering,just means I can't win &winnin isn't everything // Sure it's life just one big game where the only goal is to enjoy it,wish me luck

-M

mickie

Apr 6, 2008
Anyone having issues entering? I keep getting an error message:

Errors:

* /nNo PSN profile was found by that name. Please doublecheck that you entered in your handle correctly

I've tried several times, caps, no caps, some caps, no luck.

RdrckSmith

Jul 20, 2009
mickie said:

Errors:

* /nNo PSN profile was found by that name. Please doublecheck that you entered in your handle correctly

Yes, I also get that same error, and I have tried with both caps lock on/off variations for my PSN ID. I even triple-checked that I had it right by logging into both the PSN web site and turning on my PS3. Something seems to be wrong with the contest entry form. :(

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
RdrckSmith said:
mickie said:

Errors:

Yes, I also get that same error, and I have tried with both caps lock on/off variations for my PSN ID. I even triple-checked that I had it right by logging into both the PSN web site and turning on my PS3. Something seems to be wrong with the contest entry form. :(
Yeah I'm getting the same error too. hopefully it'll get fixed before the 17th... man some of those questions were tough.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Those of you getting the error please refresh the page (use Ctrl-F5) and try again. Some temporary instability connecting to PSN to check the id.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
For those of you not in the US, don't feel bad. I can't enter cuz Im not in the PSN.

Susan Arendt said:
You know, normally I'm totally zen about staff members not being allowed to enter, but dooooo wannnnnttttttt....
If I was able to, I would be open to a bribe. :D

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
1. Your spelling appears to be incorrect on answer... 8
2. Spaces don't appear to count when you're identifying the letter to use, which is kind of important, and while a literal reading of the rules indicates this, I don't always trust other people to mean what they say, so when you say "letter", and you're talking strings, I assume that you might mean character, so my bad.

edited: Figured out the jumble, which in turn answered my two outstanding questions, rather than have someone think the questions are unanswered, I've updated this post to just reflect to answers to my problems.

ila

Jul 29, 2008
Can I get a hint for the jumble? Is it supposed to be a common word, or is it related to Uncharted? Because I never played the game, I'm just entering for the hell of it.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
It the name of a mystical place of lore in a jungle/mountian type region. If you've heard of the word before knowing when your right would be a ,sinch. (Sorry if this is somehow giving away to much.)

Yeah the Profile error didn't happen this time Good Luck everyone!

Sorry about the non-access for the Staff an non U.S. members.

ila

Jul 29, 2008
Well, still can't figure it out (the discrepency with 8 being spelled incorrectly doesn't help) so I'm going to call it quits. Thanks for the hint.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I will grumble with the others about not being in the US, but i understand how complicated the competition laws really are.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
I would enter but:
1) There are spoilers for the game and I have not played it yet.
2) I do not live in America.

Mystakill

Oct 2, 2007
So, is the answer for #8 supposed to have two c's, or just one? It takes it either way. If it's misspelled, I know what the unscrambled word is supposed to be, but it won't check it as correct :(

[Edit: It's the misspelled version that's "correct" for the unscramble. A slight variation in the unscrambled word in conjunction with "mountain" on a Google search was the correct answer.]