Uncharted 2 Limited Edition Can't be Bought in Stores

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Uncharted 2 Limited Edition Can't be Bought in Stores

The good news: there is now a limited edition of Uncharted 2. The bad news: you can't buy it.

Naughty Dog's Creative Director Amy Hennig recently revealed the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter edition at PAX 2009. In the Fortune Hunter edition, along with the game, is an exact in-game replica of the Phurba Dagger artifact and stand, a collectible art book and collector case autographed by Naughty Dog, and a voucher for to-be-announced DLC.

While an awesome game is usually only made more awesome when a bunch of exclusive goodies are included with it, this announcement comes with a catch. The Fortune Hunter edition will not be sold in stores, regular people like you and me will only be able to win it.

Copies have already been given away at PAX, though no exact details about how more can be won in the future have been revealed yet. We do have some hints, including a comment on the PlayStation Blog about the possibility to win one through HOME, through the game's multiplayer demo, and through the PlayStation Blog itself. Now may be a good time to follow Naughty Dog on Twitter [http://twitter.com/Naughty_DOG] if you want to win one of these.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/uncharted-2-among-thieves-fortune-hunter-edition/]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't understand why someone would waste their money on this kitsch.

Looking forward to the game though.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
The only reason to get this is for collectible future value. The replica Dagger looks like clutter I don't need in my house so I'm not that fussed.

I will buy a regular version of this game.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
No thank you Naughty Dog. I have a fully functional knife replica at home. And it barely cost me jack squat.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
Why would anyone waste money on uncharted 2 when uncharted 1 was such a galatic stinker?
It wasn't that bad, but the ending... oh god the ending.
It went where I really hoped it wouldn't... :(

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
Why would anyone waste money on uncharted 2 when uncharted 1 was such a galatic stinker?
It wasn't that bad, but the ending... oh god the ending.
It went where I really hoped it wouldn't... :(
Yeah, endings are the same reason I am iffy on investing on a Fallout 4 (it is inevitable that bethesda will be wanking that cash cows teet in no time) But all in all, I didn't like it for the same reason I didn't like Tomb Raider, or Shadowman, or other platformer puzzle 3rd person view 3D games... it just felt.. wonky... The camera scorned my exsistence and looked at gardening utensils as an evil goat raped me, the controls were awkward and when you need precision jumping and ledge grabbing, controls mean everything. The ocmbat was okay, but it seems like most modern shooting games it's taking a page from 1 of two games (Halo 1, or Gears of War) in this case, gears of war. You would think developers would learn to leave majo4r platforming to a 2D(ish) plane and realize that having to pivot the camera while running tends to be cumbersome at best when precision is what you need. Uncharted could have made an excelent indian jones(esque) shoot em up with platforming elements.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
An interesting marketing strategy, though I don't think it's a good one. Damn you Naughty Dog, I want to know what the downloadable stuff is! Probably skins or something.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
harhol said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
most modern shooting games it's taking a page from 1 of two games (Halo 1, or Gears of War) in this case, gears of war.
Gears of War copied the cover system from kill.switch, as did Uncharted.
Problem is, Killzone sucked, and not many played it, that is why it is popular to say "Copied gears of War" as Gears of War made it popular. GoW may not have coined it, but they made it successful. Only an idiot would copy from a failed project *Eyes uncharted's platforming convictingly*

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
harhol said:
Onmi said:
what the hell is Killswitch?
The father of chest-high walls:

And the cousin of Operation Winback, which had the "shoot from cover" system in a console game before that.

sadly I couldn't find a pic of said shooting.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Onmi said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
harhol said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
most modern shooting games it's taking a page from 1 of two games (Halo 1, or Gears of War) in this case, gears of war.
Gears of War copied the cover system from kill.switch, as did Uncharted.
Problem is, Killzone sucked, and not many played it, that is why it is popular to say "Copied gears of War" as Gears of War made it popular. GoW may not have coined it, but they made it successful. Only an idiot would copy from a failed project *Eyes uncharted's platforming convictingly*
He said Killswitch... what thehell is Killswitch?
Killswitch is the game I meant to say until my retardation made me say killzone when listening to Nostalgia Critic talk about Captain N (He mentioned warpzone while I was saying killswitch so my brain said "Okay, we'll go with that!") lol