Uncharted 2 Wins Writer's Guild Award

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Julianking93 said:
How the hell did Uncharted beat Assassin's Creed 2?

Uncharted is basically just every adventure movie rolled up into a somewhat decent game.
Maybe because AC2's story didn't make one blimming iota of sense. And with that horrendous twist ending, I'd say their lucky to be nominated at all.

Not that Uncharted 2 had such great writing (it was kinda shallow if you ask me), but atleast I knew what the hell was going on.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
But they still can't make Nathan Drake likable. I played through the entire in store demo and wanted to punch him in the face.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
if ME2 gets the nom it better win. I haven't played a Single player game as engrossing in story as this one since...well ME1! so yeah

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I could actually see Mass Effect 2 losing. Regardless of the sheer bulk of words, few of them mean anything after a point. The more GOOD lines we see, and atmospheric occurances that convey information faster than a conversation explaining the same thing, the better it gets. But a lot of the game is spent in idle explanation of things. Sometimes short and sweet, even mysterious, works better than a lot of people realize.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Lost In The Void said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Lost In The Void said:
Alright, I might just sound like a Bioware fanboy, but where was DA:O in this?
You're kidding right?
Sorry for coming off as ignorant, but you think that Uncharted 2 had a better story than Dragon Age. That's fair, its your opinion, but my differs from yours.
Fair enough, but I don't see how a story that's been written in Fantasy novels, seen in Fantasy movies, and basically done to death in video games deserves an award. I mean Uncharted is basically Indianna Jones but it's the most original and well dome story we've had in video games in a while.