Uncharted 3 Gets its Own PS3 Bundle

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Uncharted 3 Gets its Own PS3 Bundle

Exploring ancient ruins is no trouble for Nathan Drake, but branding a PS3 is apparently much trickier.

The latest game in the Uncharted series, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception [http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception-Playstation/dp/B004EQCCI4/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1316776995&sr=1-2], is getting its own official PS3 bundle, so that anyone who doesn't have a PS3 and inexplicably wants the first game that he or she owns for the platform to be the third in an ongoing series can get their wish.

The bundle contains a PS3 console with a 320GB hard drive, a copy of Uncharted 3, one controller, and a month's subscription to Sony's premium PSN service, PlayStation Plus. It doesn't look like the PS3 carries any special Uncharted 3 branding though, unlike similar Xbox 360 bundles for Gears of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3. It seems a little odd that Sony hasn't at least included the official Uncharted 3 Dualshock 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112794-Sony-Bringing-Out-Ugly-Uncharted-3-Controller] in the box, although having actually seen the pad, that's probably a mercy.

The bundle will cost a $299.99, which really isn't a bad price; a PS3 with half the size usually costs $250. The bundle comes out on November 1st, the same day as the Uncharted 3 hits store shelves.

Source: Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/article/70286/uncharted-3-playstation-3-console-bundle-announced]

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I'm sticking to buying the game, and only that. No fancy controler.

And yeah, it does seem kinda weird to put the 3rd game of a PS3 exclusive series in with the console, i would love to know what made them think that was a good idea.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Ulquiorra4sama said:
I'm sticking to buying the game, and only that. No fancy controler.

And yeah, it does seem kinda weird to put the 3rd game of a PS3 exclusive series in with the console, i would love to know what made them think that was a good idea.
The fact that the games are independent and apart from Elena and Drakes romance, have little to nothing that requires you to have played through the previous games?

Its like claiming a person is gonna be lost because they saw Goldeneye without seeing the 17 Bond movies before it. Its a fucking awesome game in a fucking awesome series, thats why they bundled it.
I wouldn't compare it to that because there's a certain mentality behind it. If you saw this and hadn't played the previous ones, wouldn't the "3" at the end of the title kinda put you off buying just because of the hunch you'd be missing out on something?
I know it would for me.

But, yeah, maybe you're right. Perhaps they decided to bundle it simply because the Uncharted series sell. Doesn't change anything for me, i'm dead-set on getting this game on the release date. I just think it might put off new players.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
To be fair the Uncharted series has fame beyond it's playerbase and it's pretty standalone (which hopefully people know) and it's a great game, so it doesn't seem to not make much sense to me.

I mean apparently people bought Metal Gear Solid 4 before playing the other games. If people will do that, then they will happily buy Uncharted 3, regardless of what they know about the series. It's just "i've heard there's this great game and I want to buy a PS3 so this way I can buy a PS3 and already have a great game to go with it"

Gambler_Justice

Nov 25, 2010
Another great example of the price gouging that comes with any dollars to euro conversion. Guess how much this bundle costs in Finland? 350 euro. That's not very far from 500 dollars...