Uncharted 4 is a Dignified Farewell to Nathan Drake

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Uncharted 4 is a Dignified Farewell to Nathan Drake

Uncharted 4 embraces the finality of Nathan Drake's journey with grace, dignity, and above all else, respect for the player.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Just a quick heads up with; "Nathan is coaxed into one last great adventure, and not as unwillingly as he's attempting to make it seam." Is seam a typo or an American spelling of seem?
OT: With the ending chapter of A Thief's End, part of me was wondering
Where did the brother go? I think maybe i glossed over a line of dialogue or object maybe. Also, there is still chance of dlc or future expansions exploring family exotic excavations or grown up liddle lady Nathe becoming a headstrong...explorer...oh, that would pretty much be a Lara Croft at that point. Except, you know...well written.

But it's not something i would put money on happening. Naughty Dog are showing much more restraint and maturity than most other AAA developers, especially their past self, presently. It's almost like watching a child morph into independent adult i would assume.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Man I really wished I liked these games. The stories, characters, and settings are all fantastic. But the game play is just so aggressively mediocre.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Lol, "farewell". Yeah we'll never ever ever see him aga- oh look, Uncharted 5.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
Just a quick heads up with; "Nathan is coaxed into one last great adventure, and not as unwillingly as he's attempting to make it seam." Is seam a typo or an American spelling of seem?
OT: With the ending chapter of A Thief's End, part of me was wondering
Where did the brother go? I think maybe i glossed over a line of dialogue or object maybe. Also, there is still chance of dlc or future expansions exploring family exotic excavations or grown up liddle lady Nathe becoming a headstrong...explorer...oh, that would pretty much be a Lara Croft at that point. Except, you know...well written.

But it's not something i would put money on happening. Naughty Dog are showing much more restraint and maturity than most other AAA developers, especially their past self, presently. It's almost like watching a child morph into independent adult i would assume.
Mainly just about Cassie taking on her parents adventurers mantle, I feel like if someone picks up the tab for Uncharted 5, that's probably what they're gonna do. I certainly hope that doesn't happen, A Thief's End communicates it's finality and letting go of that life so hard, I can't even see how it would make sense in it's own universe.

"Mom, dad, I think I wanna be a treasure hunter like you guys used to be."
"Aw, that's sweet you wanna be like us BUT WE ALMOST F*CK*NG DIED SO MANY TIMES, WE'RE NOT LETTING YOU DO THAT."

Anyway.

I'm with you, if we get another Uncharted, it's probably not coming from Naughty Dog and they closed the door behind them SO WELL, I really hope nobody tries to pick it up.
I probably won't even play it if somebody does, I've been too burned by Halo 4 and Gears Of War: Judgment, much more by the latter than the former, you could say I have a certain appreciation for only letting certain people make certain games.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Extra-Ordinary said:
Mainly just about Cassie taking on her parents adventurers mantle, I feel like if someone picks up the tab for Uncharted 5, that's probably what they're gonna do. I certainly hope that doesn't happen, A Thief's End communicates it's finality and letting go of that life so hard, I can't even see how it would make sense in it's own universe.

"Mom, dad, I think I wanna be a treasure hunter like you guys used to be."
"Aw, that's sweet you wanna be like us BUT WE ALMOST F*CK*NG DIED SO MANY TIMES, WE'RE NOT LETTING YOU DO THAT."

Anyway.

I'm with you, if we get another Uncharted, it's probably not coming from Naughty Dog and they closed the door behind them SO WELL, I really hope nobody tries to pick it up.
I probably won't even play it if somebody does, I've been too burned by Halo 4 and Gears Of War: Judgment, much more by the latter than the former, you could say I have a certain appreciation for only letting certain people make certain games.
Sony will probably keep Uncharted 5 behind glass labelled "In case of bankruptcy: break glass, release pre-orders."

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I really felt the ending was excellent, and it made me hope that Uncharted is truly finished. They said it was the end of Nathan's adventures, so I guess we could see more games. But it will be tough to replace the established cast, and Nate as the protagonist. Either way, don't expect another Uncharted for several years. At least, I hope we don't see one for a long time.