Uncivil War: Dark Souls - Smoke Some Pot(s) Challenge!

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Dark Souls - Smoke Some Pot(s) Challenge!

Jim and Yahtzee square off to see who can smash the most pots in Dark Souls before getting they themselves get smashed into pieces.

Watch Video

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Seriously Jimmy, not only did Yahtzee win, not only did Yahtzee take pity on you, you were consistently cheating and still lost. Do you feel the shame Jimmy?

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
It's not loading for me, is that happening for anybody else?

Scratch that, all good. Awesome video btw, loved the finish.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Goliath100 said:
Seriously Jimmy, not only did Yahtzee win, not only did Yahtzee take pity on you, you were consistently cheating and still lost. Do you feel the shame Jimmy?
How was Jim cheating?

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Heh. Loved the Harley Quinn and "Mistah J" jokes Yahtzee.

Really liking this series guys. Thanks! :)

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Such a lovely series, but I really could do without the generic quasi-metal riff so loud in the mix. Otherwise keep up the amusing work!

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
It is not really the same without a endless bombardment of fat jokes. And yay! 3/3 now.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
This keeps getting better and better. I actually got excited at round 5. I also like the background music.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
If you locked on to it, you could always have the Asylum Demon in view making him easy to dodge, and you would've survived longer and cleared the room much more easily.
The pots are an easy target, avoiding the boss should've been your focus.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Goliath100 said:
Eric the Orange said:
How was Jim cheating?
Jimmy was almost always starting early. He was running in on "one" instead of "go!".
Then wouldn't that give him the disadvantage since he has to also put up with the demon for a split second longer?

I wouldn't really call that cheating since Jim dying earlier worked to Yahtzee's advantage... twice.

OT:
Good video. Glad to see the gap has been narrowed.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Watching this, I could only wonder. Has anyone ever done a no lock-on challenge for either of the DS games?

Great work Yahtzee! Way to kick that big fat ass! ...of the Assylum Demon I mean. Surely I would not be referring to Jim Sterling. That would be posterior, I mean preposterous.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Goliath100 said:
Eric the Orange said:
How was Jim cheating?
Jimmy was almost always starting early. He was running in on "one" instead of "go!".
Try syncing things up over skype sometime and see how that goes for you. And it would only ever matter if he won by less than a second. Which he didn't.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
May I suggest the Super Mario 64 Terminator Mushroom challenge?

From Cracked.com: [http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-video-games-invented-inside-other-video-games/]
Fans will remember that one goal in every level of the slightly less insane normal game was to collect eight red coins. You'll also remember that many levels had hidden 1-Up mushrooms. What you probably don't recall is that these mushrooms were designed to home in on Mario. Most gamers would grab them too quickly to notice, but if you missed one, the mushroom would follow you to prevent it from accidentally falling into a pit of lava or getting gobbled up by a stoner Koopa.

Two brilliant gamers whose names have been lost to history (in the sense that in my life's history I never learned Japanese) considered these two facts and then combined them in a way that no rational mind ever should. Their goal was to summon a mushroom and then collect all eight red coins while avoiding its never-ending pursuit.

It works brilliantly because Mario is slightly faster than the "green demon," but the mushroom displays the relentless determination of a fungal Terminator and has the tendency to give a big ol' "fuck you" to the laws of physics by flying through walls. It essentially turns the cheery and whimsical Super Mario 64 into a survival horror game. You never know when the mushroom will pop up, but you do know that it's always out there. Watching you. Hunting you.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
A great show once again. Kind of Yahtzee to give Jim a second chance and very impressive that he still won. xD

Looking forward to the tie-breaker next week.

Also, is anyone else a bit suspicious that they just do this show to talk to each other about their wanking habits? ;p

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Goliath100 said:
Eric the Orange said:
How was Jim cheating?
But you have been fooled you see, haha! Yahtzee was merely intentionally editing the video in an incorrect fashion to make it look as if Jim was cheating, and therefore garner the sympathy of the masses! All is fair in love and war after all, and I'm starting to sense hints of the former as well in this video series, even if these two masculine hearts may never admit to the former.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
grimner said:
EHKOS said:
Watching this, I could only wonder. Has anyone ever done a no lock-on challenge for either of the DS games?
Does Darksydephil's Let's plays of the game count? or do you mean actual successful chalenges?
I mean all the way to the credits successful. Like never locking on to a single enemy or boss.