Underage Sexual Assault Victim Faces Jail Time...For Tweeting the Names of Her Attackers (UPDATED)

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
alex_pink said:
Buretsu said:
alex_pink said:
hope they get screwed up the ass by their cell mates
Hooray for hypocrisy!
do something bad to someone, same bad thing happens to you, fair.
wow. so you know going to prison isn't bad? the only way to truly be punished is to be prison raped? hmmm, I for one LOVE the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

also we don't even know the details of the case, and judging by the facts that are known i don't think they raped her. why? well they are 17 and they were not tried as adults, 15-17 is an age range were anything serious enough like rape, and murder will get you charged as adult. besides they fact that the prosecution was willing to extend a plea bargain tells me one of 3 things happened.
1, they didn't have enough evidence to convict but the defense didn't want to risk a trial.

2, they over charged as an intimidation tactic to force an out of court plea deal.

3, the crime was not all that serious, still terrible mind you, but not the gang rape people seem to assume, possibly some groping and naked pictures while she, who is also under the drinking age, was passed out at a party.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
spartxn said:
The two Plead Guilty. How is that "Covering up" unless u r talking about the laywers and Judge, in which case I say, "Welcome to the United States Justice system". :)

P.s. It sucks ass. Also Im surprised she isn't facing more time for "contempt"; not saying she did anything wrong nor am I siding with the two boys.
I believe you plead guilty TO SUCKING AT SPELLING! I got another one. Your held in the contempt of court to SPELL YOUR OR YOU'RE CORRECTLY!

Also, to point this out, our court system sucks about as much as others, so nothing to self-hate.

I have no clue what the age of consent is where she is, but I don't think that matters since these boys are not licensed sex offenders. In essence, people they are around [if I'm not getting this confused with a pedophilia thing] are going to be told that they are a licensed sex offender anyway and will have a impossibly difficult time finding a job.

I guess this is better then the death sentence, since it will make these boys really despise what they did but at a certain time there needs to be a drop of revenge and instead a bullet of apologies with the gun being words.

In conclusion, theres honestly nothing wrong with naming them, those types of experiences can traumatize a person for their whole life. Hell I remember a girl that was raped twice then was sent to Camp Cross or Lake Cross, I can't remember the name that well, was beaten up mentally and sometimes physically for being raped, something out of her control. Got raped two more times and literally broke.

You fucked with someone on such a deep level you deserve all types of five-minute hell.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Wolverine18 said:
Aprilgold said:
I have no clue what the age of consent is where she is, but I don't think that matters since these boys are not licensed sex offenders.
You can be a license to allow you to be a sex offender?

Yes, I know that is calling you on a minor error, but given the rant you gave in the same message on accuracy...

Maybe you should focus more on what they are saying than a few minor errors.

In conclusion, theres honestly nothing wrong with naming them
Of course there is. Any time you make a defendant's name public you are causing harm to them. You then have to balance that harm against the benefit society receives. There is a real question if there is ever sufficient societal gain when you name a young offender (and in fact, doing so is almost always illegal in my country)

Plus, whether you agree with the judge or not, you are bound by his decisions unless you appeal them through the courts and they are found to be unlawful. You are required to follow laws (including legal orders by court officers) and breaking those is wrong.
It matters because the boys could be charged with pedophilia but of course thats a side thing and most likely they are not, however if the age of consent is 18 where she is they will have more on their rap record.

This is true, but I still see no more harm will come to them then what their record holds. What I said before my conclusion [did you read that or did you only quote the parts that you did read?] I said that they will most likely miss out on many job opportunities along with many other, important things their entire lives just because of this. I am totally in favor of sexual assault victims throwing out the dicks who did it to them. It creates such a terrible feeling and memory that there is no way, in anger, not to eventually break a egg and say their names.

I also told a story of a women who was raped twice, she was in her teens, then was sent to a Christian summer camp that physically beat and brainwashed children. She was sent there because she was raped. When she got out with her mind all washed she got raped two more times. I honestly wouldn't blame that person for saying "Yep these four guys raped me, fuck them" and obviously this isn't the same case but theres my rational behind my statement.

While here, just because there is a law does not mean that particular law is 100% good. Would it be a good law to kill people who wore pink shirts on Saturdays? Of course not. The law is there to help set some guidelines so that people won't go off the rails with freedom, but that doesn't mean that all laws are good.

Overall, you should have read up on more about my reasoning which I did go into. The first statement I was vague on with that question but that is besides the point. There's my rational on my post and you can argue with it how you see fit, but at the end of the day I doubt these boys will have any more or less luck because they were named via twitter by their victim.

alex_pink

Aug 27, 2011
Blablahb said:
alex_pink said:
They sexually assaulted someone, they shouldn't get plea bargains, they shouldn't get anonymity, they shouldn't get to go for jobs or anywhere else in there lives for that matter without people knowing what they did, and they also don't deserve to live.

She did nothing wrong.
What sort of medieval thinking is that? Did you even look at the case at all?

From what it looks like, she drank untill she passed out, and then apparently they made pictures while touching her breasts or something along those victims. The girl didn't even know untill she saw the pictures.

Is that sexual assault? No, that isn't really sexual assault. It's not okay either, but equating it with sexual assault would be a huge overstatement. It's generally referred to as norm-crossing behaviour for that reason. You'll have a hard time getting convictions for that, because typically the punishment for actual sexual assault is extremely heavy. Especially in the retarded US justice system with sex offender registration and such.

You basically want to ruin two lives over something that minor. That's ridiculous. Do you also want to cut off the hands of shoplifters maybe? That's along the same lines over overreaction that you're doing.

Also, you say in defense of someone who lied to the judge about being traumatised, and then repeated that lie to the media, and then knowingly defied a court ruling, that she did nothing wrong?

touching someone in a sexual way without their consent is sexual assault

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
trophykiller said:
Tanner The Monotone said:
Victim or not, she broke the law and deserves to be punished accordingly.
Right, because there's never been an unjust law before. I personally picture what she did to be an act of civil disobedience, like that of Gandhi. In the tweet, she specifically mentions how she sees no justice in the punishment and is willing to face jail time to have her attackers exposed.
If by justices you endanger the attackers lives because she's not satisfied by the results, then sure. And no, she's not acting like Gandhi. She's trying to incite violence, not avoid it.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
So pretty much, she broke the law. Got off because people felt bad for her. Nope, should still be held accountable, she broke the law.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
alex_pink said:
Blablahb said:
alex_pink said:
They sexually assaulted someone, they shouldn't get plea bargains, they shouldn't get anonymity, they shouldn't get to go for jobs or anywhere else in there lives for that matter without people knowing what they did, and they also don't deserve to live.

She did nothing wrong.
What sort of medieval thinking is that? Did you even look at the case at all?

From what it looks like, she drank untill she passed out, and then apparently they made pictures while touching her breasts or something along those victims. The girl didn't even know untill she saw the pictures.

Is that sexual assault? No, that isn't really sexual assault. It's not okay either, but equating it with sexual assault would be a huge overstatement. It's generally referred to as norm-crossing behaviour for that reason. You'll have a hard time getting convictions for that, because typically the punishment for actual sexual assault is extremely heavy. Especially in the retarded US justice system with sex offender registration and such.

You basically want to ruin two lives over something that minor. That's ridiculous. Do you also want to cut off the hands of shoplifters maybe? That's along the same lines over overreaction that you're doing.

Also, you say in defense of someone who lied to the judge about being traumatised, and then repeated that lie to the media, and then knowingly defied a court ruling, that she did nothing wrong?

touching someone in a sexual way without their consent is sexual assault
Yes, but that does sound like exactly the sort of case that you plea bargain down to something that doesn't put you on the registry so that your entire life isn't ruined and that the prosecutor would want to plea bargain down because "felt up drunk girl" is a hard sell to get a jury to damn teenagers for forever (read: the registry). Which makes the court order make a lot more sense, if a big part of the reason for accepting a plea bargain was to avoid the registry and permanent harm for the rest of their life connected to it. I wonder if they could get out of their plea deal, given this court order was violated, destroying part of their reason for accepting a plea deal in the first place?

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
trophykiller said:
Right, because there's never been an unjust law before. I personally picture what she did to be an act of civil disobedience, like that of Gandhi. In the tweet, she specifically mentions how she sees no justice in the punishment and is willing to face jail time to have her attackers exposed.
If by justices you endanger the attackers lives because she's not satisfied by the results, then sure. And no, she's not acting like Gandhi. She's trying to incite violence, not avoid it.
Perhaps they should have considered the repercussions of committing THE most despicable act a single human can commit. Tell me, if you were shot, but survived, would you want to be able to speak about it, or would you want to "protect" the man who shot you by never talking about it, despite all the trauma it may have caused you?

It is ironic though, how they didn't seem to care about protecting her identity, yet she's expected to care about theirs. She didn't ask to be drugged, she didn't ask to be violated, and she certainly didn't ask for salt to be poured on the proverbial wound by having the images spread around.

The criminal justice system in America is run by, for, and of the criminals.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
This has nothing to do with sexual assault.

A girl disobeyed a judge.

Judge tells you to do something, you listen, you don't listen and you go to jail, pretty simple.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
trophykiller said:
...She didn't ask to be drugged...
Whoa whoa whoa! This kind of statement is exactly why the public should stay out of the courtroom. And I quote...
Dietrich was assaulted by the pair after passing out at a party.
...and all signs pointed to her underage drinking in excess to be the cause.

You may disagree with the courts position and support Savannah, but don't spread lies like this. They did NOT drug her.

Tanner The Monotone

Aug 25, 2010
Mortai Gravesend said:
trophykiller said:
Yes, we should hide the truth because it might hurt people, that's a great lesson.
So, what would telling the truth accomplish here?

Tanner The Monotone

Aug 25, 2010
trophykiller said:
Perhaps they should have considered the repercussions of committing THE most despicable act a single human can commit. Tell me, if you were shot, but survived, would you want to be able to speak about it, or would you want to "protect" the man who shot you by never talking about it, despite all the trauma it may have caused you?
If they go away I really don't care. That's if I was shot. I can't say what I would do if I was raped, but if I did break the law, I would expect to be punished for it.

trophykiller said:
It is ironic though, how they didn't seem to care about protecting her identity, yet she's expected to care about theirs. She didn't ask to be drugged, she didn't ask to be violated, and she certainly didn't ask for salt to be poured on the proverbial wound by having the images spread around.
I do agree with on this.

trophykiller said:
The criminal justice system in America is run by, for, and of the criminals.
Though I think that it needs fixed and will never be able to be fixed, I think that's going a little far.