Unexpected results from "What kind of gamer are you?"

G Skunk

Apr 19, 2010
Apparently I'm a pony lover because I play games that aren't designed exclusively for the purpose of bolstering some imaginary sense of over-compensatory gaming masculinity.

I do like ponies, though. They're so nice.

The_Eskimo

Mar 4, 2010
i got explorer but i almost never explore. i stick to the plot and i shoot anything that moves. so i guess i should get dead eye

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I got Simulant for my second test... and i'm not really sure what that even is supposed to mean. Can someone explain this one to me? :eek:

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Legion said:
I received "Tactician -You attack games as the cerebral challenges they are, crafting the perfect plan for each and every situation."

I am quite happy with it, although I am not sure how my answers reflected this.

A lot of the questions were quite presumptuous though, they seem to assume that all gamers play all popular games, usually I had to choose the one I'd most consider playing as I didn't have any.
I got Grouper, and I'm actually quite surprised I didn't get Tactician myself. I'm the ultimate strategy player, I always come up with a tactical and strategic approach to things and use those to achieve victory.

That said, I'm happy with what I did get, since I do generally prefer multiplayer to solo games. Though admittedly I do usually end up playing solo anyway as very few of my friends are gamers, my laptop isn't great for games, and I don't have XBL...

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
I got 'The Explorer', who apparently doesn't care about the story and just likes playing in the sandbox. That couldn't be much further from the truth, the story is easily the most important thing to me in a game, and i usually get bored of exploring sandboxes for the sake of it pretty quickly

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
They gave me "The Tinker" Which would be great if I actually ever got in and modded anything. Problem is: I have no modding know-how. I like games in which I create things like Civ IV, Sim City, The Sims and such, but I don't actually make mods for them.

XavierHarkonnen

May 31, 2010
Somehow got best of the best... not really the complete opposite of my gaming style I suppose but definately not what i was expecting :S

.Mudkipz.

May 14, 2010
I got Pony Lover first -.- which isnt anything like me but i wanted to get the result i wanted which was Jack all games and it took me until the last to get it so yeh i now have all 10 badges which is just annoying..

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
I got tactician. Many of my so called "tactics" is games equals run-in-Rambo-style-and-shoot-everything-until-it-stops-moving. Or sometimes I ninja my way in and break their necks one by one. I usually don't have the patience for that though.

Altaries

Jan 31, 2010
The Grouper & The Best of the Best

I don't get it. A majority of those questions weren't related to Multiplayer
Or...Were they?

Mar 9, 2009
where is this quiz?

Found it!

I got grouper, which is weird. I'm not very social. But then again, I think in the big picture, it's probably true. I do like playing games with other people.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I got Simulant. It was unexpected as hell (I was sure I was going to get Tactician) but I wouldn't change my result. It doesn't describe me perfectly, I enjoy the trip to fantasy-land as much as anybody, but I like what I got. Plus, it has the best picture of the bunch IMO.

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
I also got grouper...which is weird...because I think the time I've spent playing games with other people added up equals under 20 minutes in total.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I got.

If you want a laugh, read the first two words of every post on this page. Including this post, over 2/3rds begin with the words "I got".
mrpenguinismyhomeboy said:
where is this quiz?
Right here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/]. Just click on the name and enjoy.