Unforgotten Realms: Episode 10: FYI I'm a Spy

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Episode 10: FYI I'm a Spy

Schmoopy and Nailo have just left the caves in the mountains of Norrington, in the North. There, they encounter the Kobold leader, Maelstrom.

Watch Video

ttony21

May 30, 2008
XD Great episode, nice cliffhanger, I rate it five out of five Kobooooooolds.

Ownzinator

Sep 18, 2008
Lol the kobold joke never gets old...

I disagree, I don't think it's getting more meh. The first few episodes were pretty funny, then it was boring for a while, but now it's picking up again. The jokes are maturing and becoming more clever and appealing to MMO or just plain video game fans, which is good because this is a video game website. Either way, I understand all of the jokes so I can't complain.

Although, I've been wondering for a while Rob. Do you still use flash or do you use pro animation programs? The shading on your characters make me think you're using Toon Boom but when I think about it it seems a little raw like Adobe Flash.

Insane Guy of DOOM

Aug 7, 2008
This episode was pure awesomeness. Kobolds, the aggro joke's return, Mr. Judge is back, and the great plot developement. I can't believe Mr. Judge survived a stab wound and an arrow in the forehead. Also I loved the joke where he brought up that there's really no reason for Eluamous and Schmoopy to be trying to save his grandmother since they can just ressurect her.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Love it! Or rather, Koboooooold it!

I like the thought of ROAMIN showing up to kick some serious Kobold butt. (Also, didn't the last episode end with ROAMIN fighting the Polar Bear? And now it looks like the bear is traveling with him and Gary.)

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Roamin defeated the bear? Well, I'm impressed. Also, nice cliffhanger. Is this the end of Season 1?

Uglulyx

Jul 25, 2008
If find that they're starting to feel a bit more like filler, not quite as funny as the first episodes. Although I can imagine it is going to happen if you want the plot to move along.

DeleteMe1112311

Sep 18, 2008
I didn't like this episode as much as episode 9 but it was good. a couple complaints but nothing big.

First off - What happened to the battle between Roamin and the bear? I was really looking forward to watching that and it was disappointing to see it simply cut to them afterwards.

Second - I love the plot in this series but some of the humor is beginning to fall a bit flat. The new jokes about the aggro the judge, the rhyming were great, but there is too much ripping off of jokes used earlier in the series. I don't mean old jokes, I loved the scouter reference and hammer charge but many jokes are being repeated too often in the series.

Third - Why hasn't Petey learned hyperbeam?

Fourth - Why the hell hasn't Petey learned Hyperbeam!? He beat an ogre for god's sake. And on that matter, why haven't any of them gotten more powerful? I figured killing an ogre and two witches would get some exp.

Despite the extensive criticism I enjoyed the episode and I love the series. Its the only thing I watch for both plot and humor and it has potential to be better than even Zero Punctuation (but I won't get into whats wrong there knowing that I'll only start a flame war and Yahtzee would never read it anyway).

Ultimately, I love this series Its funny, it has a plot, and it has a creator that actually cares about his viewers and is willing to accept some creative criticism (hopefully). I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Feb 13, 2008
Whoa...big plot twist...

Unforgotten Realms is the epic tale of Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon, the dual nunchuk-wielding sorcerer and Eluamous Nailo, Master Wizard in training (AKA Rob and Mike)
I always thought Sir Schmoopy was a Lumberjack?

ElegantSwordsman

Jun 17, 2008
Kudos for the MGS cardboard box reference and extra credit for: 'Hello, R-O-A-M-I-N? No you idiot, I don't want to go bowling!' That made my day right there. Gotta love the nod to gamer culture.