Unforgotten Realms: Episode 12: Granny's Got a Brand New Bag

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Episode 12: Granny's Got a Brand New Bag

This is it. The last episode of Unforgotten Realms Season One. The final fight. The conclusion of the quest to save Sir Schmoopy's granny. The, in other words, end. Or is it ... ?

Watch Video

bikeninja

Oct 4, 2007
WHOO! I love the series (got me back into D&D, but with a much less serious group)
aww, season 1 is over, I guess We have to wait awhile until season 2 picks up. any idea of how long that'll be?

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
Ahaha this was actually great, nice ending :p

"I wanna cast a spell" ahaha. Will season 2 be out in 2 weeks or is there a longer wait?

ttony21

May 30, 2008
^^ Season finale didn't dissapoint, the most epic Unforgotten Realms battle to date! Can't wait for season 2.

yellag

Sep 17, 2008
great 5 stars can't wait for nxt series or season whatever you want 2 call it but great show ending on a cliff hanger smart keeps poeple watching :)

Rashjun

Jun 26, 2008
Divine Shield!!!
Hands glow green
Disappears after ten seconds

That doesnt remind me of anything at all....
Keep it up Rob, I will always follow the amazingly awesome work of yours.

Aberrsary

Aug 7, 2008
The next season comes out in four weeks, i think, then there are 12 more episodes in that season (one every two weeks, like normal) and if the escapist likes it enough, they let it run longer, if they don't, it ends.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
lol its about time. Ive been waiting for this for 2 weeks : ) Great episode definitley worth waiting for!!!

Sock Puppet

Sep 4, 2008
Sweet! What an epic battle!

By the way, how long do you think it may take for Season Two to come?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Lol, great episode. Roaman useing divine shield and than hearthing away i thought was funny, but I'm a paladin tank on WOW and i don't do that to people. It was very funny indeed and i can't wait untill season 2. All hail Robert Moran and all hail UR. Long live UR!!!

InventiveHero

Oct 2, 2008
I really need to search for invisible traps more often!

Way to go, this was amazing! I'm looking forward to season 2!

Syched

Jul 14, 2008
Two words... e pic... wait... thats one word?... NEVER MIND!!! Uhh.... yeah, epic man... epic.

Azzaevil

Jun 26, 2008
yes yes oh yay, what a great episode cant wait for the next ones enjoy you long break (warhammering) that was great the action the killing nice (y)

billabo

May 29, 2008
Awesome! Epic! It was well worth the wait! I can't wait for the next one! It was both pretty funny and had a long fight for a change (well the ogre one doesnt count, wasnt much of a fight)

Will each season end with Schmoopy leveling up?

Sock Puppet post=6.74231.826371 said:
Sweet! What an epic battle!

By the way, how long do you think it may take for Season Two to come?
He said wait 4 weeks

JBrenis

Oct 17, 2008
I love this freakin' show

what an awesome ending "I wanna cast a spell"
totally saw it coming
totally loved it anyway

You're a genius Rob
I hope season 2 comes out soon!

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
Funny but very anticlimactic. It's a great episode ender, but not a great season ender, unless you plan a suprise episode 13 for this season.

Squishface Mcgloop

May 28, 2008
I haven't cried in I think 3 years or so now. If they take this show off the air that is totally gonna come to a stop. I've watched that battle sequence like 8 times now, just epic. I'm just a crappy fan, but I think you're really awesome Sir Robert Moran.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
milskidasith post=6.74231.826561 said:
Funny but very anticlimactic. It's a great episode ender, but not a great season ender, unless you plan a suprise episode 13 for this season.
It's not meant to be though. I purposely hold back on how "epic" I want the ending of a season to be simply because if the first season was the MOST EPIC ONE EVER, it would be very hard to follow suit. I think this one gives a nice taste into the second season and so forth but I hear ya.

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
Absolutely awesome episode, a great conclusion to a great season! I can't wait to see what Season 2 has in store.

Squishface Mcgloop

May 28, 2008
I actually thought it was a great season ender. This show is very different, and if they ended the first season with some sort of great closure I would actually be a little disappointed. Mike and Rob arguing throughout the credits had a hilarious charm that set the ground for season 2 very well in my opinion.

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
Squishface Mcgloop and SirSchmoopy post=6.74231.826574 said:
Generally similar snippets.
I get that it obviously wasn't supposed to be the most "epic" ending ever (it is a comedy after all) but it just felt out of place after the big fight sequence beforehand. It was funny, but with all the buildup for the fight, ending it like that is still anticlimactic.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Epic, man. EPIC! Damn, why did Roamin have to bail out on Schmoopy?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
By the way, for those that don't know, Season 2 is expected to come out on mid-November.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
Great final Episode the Final Fight was ok, kinda epic but i feel it could have been epic...er, i did laugh my ass off when roamin bubble-hearthed out though :D priceless!

Can't wait for next season hope this series goes on for a while! best of luck!

smiley92

Jul 25, 2008
BUBBLE HEARTH lollll reminds me of some pretty bad instances ends. Very good episode! Can't wait for season 2!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
What exactly is this Series? I've been vasillating over watching the video's... Is this an animated thing?

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
please dont make me wait more that the usual 2 weeks for the new episodes!!! :( also where did roamin go? :S?

Forsooth and Pi

Apr 23, 2008
Great finish for a great series. I like how Schmoopy managed to steal the gem during the opening sequence, a feat that confused me while I watched the intro. Some 3D battle animation effects going on, and overall the humor seemed to go back to more traditional role-playing humor, which I liked. While it may not be as good as the early episodes, it certainly raised the bar from some of the past few lackluster episodes.

I'm sad that I only discovered the series a few weeks ago, and now I have to wait a month for the new season to come out. The suspense is literally killing me! With a dagger! Right now! Ahhhh!

elyk

Aug 9, 2006
chickenlord post=6.74231.826614 said:
RTR post=6.74231.826605 said:
Epic, man. EPIC! Damn, why did Roamin have to bail out on Schmoopy?
...hes a pally...duh
O u did not just dis the pally.. Pally kicks as

P.S. most epic episode ever..

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
Makes me wonder if that was the intended ending, seeing how its a season ender an actual conclusion would of been nice. It was a few hours late so mabey a cliff hanger was just forced. Still a good episode and i'll be checking in daily for the next season.

Alpha001

Dec 31, 2007
Ah, Give me a god damn break....

Love the Hearthing Joke, it is what true ret pallies are made of.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Haha that bubble hearth had me genuinely laughing out loud, and I was watching this alone. Hope season 2 is just as good.

MyFiyaBePurged O_o

Sep 21, 2008
I was waiting for the "fortitude save" joke for so long...and you gave it to me. Rob...I bow to you. I will wait with quivering anticipation for season two. This is one of the few animations on the net that actually gets better with each installment, not to mention the fact that you do all the voices on your own, which just adds to your utter badass-ness. I swear to you that once my band website is up and running there will be a short article and a big ass link to your site...because the world needs UR. Keep up the ultra sexiness that is this toon...or i will murder you..TOODLES!

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
about time. but i feel the need to cast flare so you cant run away, you must sit down and make the next season NOW!

hymir101

May 15, 2008
LOL - Love the Divine Shield Hearth!
Great job for a final episode of the season, can't wait for the next season now!

LegendMir

Sep 19, 2008
OMG he leveled!!! yay!!! lol. awsome ending. really awsome. started a bit slow in a sense. but awsome ending. i still think we need a cliff hanger like the origonals. haha.

Chris Highwind

Oct 9, 2008
Such a good ending :D.
I'm guessing Roamin bubble hearthed because he's not ret? He could of taken them if he was ret :3

Teleios

Aug 5, 2003
That was awesome. I loved the shield hearth and Fortitude check. I can't wait for the next season. :D

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
WAAAY awesome lol especially the bubble hearth part i was laughing my ass off like literally =P

Oh yeah R-O-A TO THE M-I-N

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Nov 17, 2020
That was hilarious. Best episode yet. I was crying at the bubble-hearth.

TsunamiWombat post=6.74231.826808 said:
What exactly is this Series? I've been vasillating over watching the video's... Is this an animated thing?
Yes. You should watch it! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unforgotten-realms]

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Was it me, or was there some sort of contest associated with this episode? I swear yesterday I saw something about that here. It was in the background. Some D&D contest with Unforgotten Realms season finale.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
The pally divine shield + hs combo seemed painfully familiar xD. Great ending

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
truely awesome a job well done the bubble-hearth was epic but so was the bazooka part or am I the only one that liked that?

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Schmoopy got to use his dual wield shields!
Loved the whole episode but was disappointed it ended so soon. At least a month isn't too long to wait.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
That was a great episode, you did the action well, the comedy was spot on. The epic win for me was that "level up", it had me busting a gut that yet again, the character playing the game could so rip into the game with his meta-gaming.

I really hope I get to see more and that Witty Wizard were paid well for these entertaining episodes.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
KaZZaP post=6.74231.827084 said:
Makes me wonder if that was the intended ending, seeing how its a season ender an actual conclusion would of been nice. It was a few hours late so mabey a cliff hanger was just forced. Still a good episode and i'll be checking in daily for the next season.
Nope. I always planned to leave it on a cliff hanger and most likely always will.

SillyGodDisco

Oct 17, 2008
Great season man..I'll be looking forward to the next season!

But until then, I want to cast a spell!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
awesome XD i couldnt stop laughing
but whyyyy, whyy do series' have to end damn it T_T
there's gotta be a way to get the next series here faster...

... i wanna cast a spell!

p.s im so glad gary got to sing again XD

and where the hell is petey? i havent seen him in ages :(

pkhtjim

Sep 21, 2008
Aw man! The most action-packed episode of the season...

And it's a cliffhanger ending!

...you sir, have me by the balls to wait for so long. Congrats.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Bubble_Hearth
And that would be the reference Roamin was working with.

Petey

Oct 1, 2008
Deffinitly the best episode to date. I loved the refrences to many of the old jokes. Loved how the humor went back to some of the original first few episode humor of bending the rules. Very impressive also when nailo stayed in character and harrased Schmoopy on the level thing. I LOVED THE POKEMON REFRENCE with the orb. The only thing i was sad about is that i thought petey would finnaly use hyper beam this episode :(. Well Sir Schmoopy You do AMAZING work and have never failed to make me smile. Shall of of Awesometon honor your greatness by bulding a statue for thier Canadain Dwarf Lumberjack Sorcerror Sir Shmoopy.

I want to cast a spell........

Sunfirecross

Oct 17, 2008
That was pretty damn Epic. I laughed so hard when I found out Roamin was Hearthing out. Can't wait for season 2.

Kidchaos93

Sep 2, 2008
I Cant stop watching this over and over.

Also if anyone wants to Play some D&D like crap Who has Never winter Knights you should PM me.

Deadpool062

Jul 9, 2008
lol i love the part when gary and roman are riding ursa and when he said something doesent seem right about all this, i first thought...what it doesent seem right that garys humping you lol hehe great episode rob 11/out of uh...7 yeah

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
that....was...soo....EPIC!
i loved this episode and Roamin does NOT dissapoint :D

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Been a fan of your work for a while now, keep up the good work, I'll be here waiting for when Season 2 begins :)

Alpha001

Dec 31, 2007
Chris Highwind post=6.74231.827489 said:
Such a good ending :D.
I'm guessing Roamin bubble hearthed because he's not ret? He could of taken them if he was ret :3
He is ret

"You're gonna be lookin at the back end of my retribution spec"
He says that when they face the highbear

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
DAMIT! i knew as soon as romin said he was going to show them what a real paladin was made of he would bubble hearth...damn noob.

Anyways great season...

afrorhcp

Jun 12, 2008
Epic ending to a brilliant season!

My love for this comic is neverending.

Can't wait for a new season =D

Wildlock

Jul 2, 2008
Very sweet and extremely funny. I have to say, I cried from laughing at the bubble-hearth scenario. Great job man.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
RAWKSTAR post=6.74231.830808 said:
My word! Such a fantastic endding!
It gave me goosebumps haha amazing
Something about the end of the intro music never fails to give me goosebumps :)

Also at the very end with the "Allright...I wanna cast a spell!"

Epix :D

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
haha loved this episode, was great loved it, wished Petey was in it.
loved the bit with the cliff and how Schmoopy got the gem by breaking the rules, I looked in Mike's handbook and it says that during the opening credits that characters may not run about :O
I suppose Petey would be with Granny and the other prisoners such as Mr.King.

I hope the Judge is O.K and I'm glad Roamin didnt waste them swords, them Bastard swords cost a lot

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
That was soo cool!
"you are insult me tiny ogre?" i liked that line ^^
and at last schmoopy used those shields he got.

...And it also reminded me how much i hate it when paladins do that in WoW.

Blazsy

Jun 8, 2008
I wanna bet it's triple flare.
Damn you Roamin!! Hearthstone outta there...

Petey

Oct 1, 2008
Heh only if shmoopy said "Ding" When he leveld. That would of been entertaining.

Supernovajake

Oct 18, 2008
"Your attacks are slow and weak at best, you are hardly a warrior, more of a pest!"
Maelstrom and kobolds= awesome
Great series, keep them coming :)

frozenpnx

Jun 19, 2008
Quite an interesting ending. I hope you're intending to do another season.
Even if not, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
I'm not gonna lie to you...it wasn't the best ending for a season finale...

It would have been funnier if Granny said "Search for Traps Pookey"

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
MrBrightside919 post=6.74231.836232 said:
I'm not gonna lie to you...it wasn't the best ending for a season finale...
On a scale of one to ten, I'm gonna punch you in the face.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
that was the most epic episode yet i couldnt stop laughing and loved the wow ref and as a alli dwarf paladin it is so true

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
4 weeks between eps for season 2. I'm going to re-watch the whole thing. And WoW paladins suck compaired to Guildwars Monks. Akkow me to show you what a level eleven Monk is capable of. Healing Breeze! (Team gains Regenerate 15) Barier of Blades! (Enemies take 20% of the damage they inflict) And now Wrath of Balthazar! (50 Divine Damage AOE + Negate Regeneration)

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
nice paladin crack. saw it coming after he said "time to show what a real paly can do" - ahh memories

Raykz

Aug 8, 2008
OMG What a GREAT episode. I laughed way too hard at Roamin's bubble hearth XD!!!!

Tindytim

Oct 20, 2008
Awesome finale.

Did anyone else have Frieza saga flash backs when Schmoopy was leveling up?

hajomaro

Oct 25, 2008
lol this series bares a striking resemblence to World of Warcraft-bubble hearthing paladin,retribution spec,best episode of season

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
SirSchmoopy post=6.74231.827999 said:
KaZZaP post=6.74231.827084 said:
Nope. I always planned to leave it on a cliff hanger and most likely always will.
You gotta be kidding me!

If there is going to be a new season; how long will we have to wait?

Also; loved the finale.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Wow, this is epic, can't wait for the nexts ep!
BTW, why didn't this one have a number?

daylover

Oct 30, 2008
I just love Unforgotten Realms even tho i am a lady :-O i fink it dam cool :p
my faverit is the rat or grandmother :) they rock
just kep making it :)

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
when's season two comeing? :O :D :D :D. Come on, you can't keep us waiting!!! Unforgotten realms is a brilliant work of genius! We must have more!

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
friggin great man. nice job! im kinda surprised by the ending, but i actually kinda liked the fact that it was a bit toned down. thumbs up! cant wait for next season!

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Interesting...an asspull at the begining and then a lot of continuity nods. Very good episode overall. And i spent the entire season wondering when they would level.

ricksed

Sep 15, 2008
RTR said:
By the way, for those that don't know, Season 2 is expected to come out on mid-November.
thanks I wanted to know that.
great season fianlly this was.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
That's it? Thats the ending? Such a great last ep ruined by not showing me how it ended
They better make a 2nd series and show it in the first episode.

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
Just caught up on this series. I now have two reasons to visit the escapist..tho one since I'll be waiting for S2 now on this one. Yahtzee and Unforgotten Realms is awesome and the main reason I browse around the escapist.

I loved the season. The final episode pally hearth actually had me laughing out loud.

Kidchaos93

Sep 2, 2008
asam92 said:
That's it? Thats the ending? Such a great last ep ruined by not showing me how it ended
Dont demanded crap from rob.

Yes there will be a seccond season...also....nobody loves you

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
So it WAS Kobold, I wasn't sure. Aren't they supposed to be incredibly weak lizards that bark like dogs instead of incredibly strong wolves?

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
likalaruku said:
So it WAS Kobold, I wasn't sure. Aren't they supposed to be incredibly weak lizards that bark like dogs instead of incredibly strong wolves?
They differ between games I think.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Kidchaos93 said:
asam92 said:
Dont demanded crap from rob.

Yes there will be a seccond season...also....nobody loves you

hey, no need to get all defensive over someone who dosn't know you therefore dosnt love you either

Open revolt

Dec 29, 2008
Hey, I just watched this one again and did anyone else notice Schmoopy run across the screen with a Nater Gem during the opening sequence?

Side bar: Which episode was Schmoopy's first "heart attack"? I don't remember it and want to go back and see it.

benaka

Apr 23, 2009
Nice episode i love the fighting scene from roamin xD

The Episode with the hearth attack is "the one with james bond in it".
i think

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
Regardless of the fact that the constant story twists got, deliberately, confusing I though every story arc was meticulously planned out and the finale to a fantastic season ends with a flare (hey guys see what I did there... cause he casts... you know... nah never mind)

I knew the wheel could block arrows!