Unforgotten Realms: Episode 13: SS Paladon

jewru

Jun 1, 2008
ive been waiting for this episode for a while. its no mystery the cobalts attacked cause they are jerks

Rashjun

Jun 26, 2008
All hail the glorious mastermind that is Robert Moran! This episode is epic, and I love the new intro, dont think this seires could ever go downhill, keep up the good work!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Hoorah, well back Rob!

Nice opener and looking forward to more ;)

As for this competition, can I just make one up or does it have to be real D&D?

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Hmm, not D&D but this is probably one of the funnier scenes from our old Cyberpunk games:

Arch0n - DM

Landslide - Our driver, better in combat (including shooting) when behind the wheel of anything. The running joke being he'd be more useful in a fight stat-wise if he had a motorized unicycle to follow us around on.

Me - Bodyguard (Solo), high perception, etc. And while I may be a bodyguard, it's for paid clients, not necessarily as a meat shield for the team.

----

During a pitched battle on a country road on the way to another destination. Landslide is in the car, most other people are outside or around it, fighting.

Me: I hop in the car. (To Landslide) 'Let's go, man, pick up the team and ditch these guys!'

Arch0n: Roll perception. (Landslide and I pass the roll)

Arch0n: You see what appears to be a sniper off in the trees. He's drawing a bead on the car.

Landslide: ...

Landslide: I jump over Kross, out the passenger side of the car. Putting the car between myself and the sniper.

Me: ... 'What?! NOT COOL. JUST DRIVE, WHY ARE YOU GETTING OUT OF THE CAR?'

Landslide: Bullets and I have had disagreements in the past, it's best if we don't meet.

Me: Uhh... *checks driving skill* I hop over into the driver's seat and punch it.

Landslide: 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I'M USING YOU FOR COVER! NOT COOL.'

Me: *Vroooooom* *Yelling over my shoulder* 'How's your dodge roll now? I bet it would have been better if you were DRIVING THE DAMN CAR!'

And for some reason he was angry with ME over not sitting there and being his bullet sponge.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
SargentToughie said:
does magic count

it's a card game, but I have some great stories
Nope, can't really do MTG. While a good game, it's not really a tabletop RPG. BUT, feel free to share you story regardless! And if you roleplay DURING the MTG game, well that is well worth the story anyways isn't it? :)

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
No, you should have jumped out of the car too, tardhat.

Not nearly as funny as the time I botched several drive rolls in a row (incredibly unlikely). I ended up backing over a human package we were trying to extricate from a hostile area. Then I drove forward over him accidentally, killing him.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Doug said:
Hoorah, well back Rob!

It should be a real past tabletop situation. I guess it could be a current situation as well...but that would just be strange.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
The season break felt like an eternity but I managed to survive without devouring my arm (well all of my arm).

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Hmmm...... Warhammer 40K... [apologies for not knowing the names of units, I have only played once or twice] Bear in mind that the voices are not as pompous on the internet as they were in real life

I had just deployed my 'militia' of borrowed Space Marines on the dining room table. I stared down the Tyranid 'commander' as he placed his first wave on the map.
"War....War is hell." I spoke softly.
"For you maybe" came the reply "For me it's fun."
"We'll see old friend, We'll see"

My First cohort of Space marines charged across the field and due to my noobishness they died almost instantly. I was left with 10 Space marines. All armed with heavy bolters. This was going to be tough. 'Delta' squad blitzed across the field destroying tyranid after tyranid but I knew that it would be over soon.

"Do you wish to give up?" The question hung in the air as I pondered my next move
"Suck my ****" I replied and rolled 2D6. I destroyed the Tyranid waiting to ambush me.

The next 5 minutes was a stalemate so I decided to mess around. I picked up my 'Trebuchet' I had made earlier out of popsicle sticks and flung some dead marines with tomato sauce on them at the Tyranids on the far side of the map.

"What the hell are you doing?"
"Biological Warfare..."
"What the fuck?"
"I have put a secret Tyranid killing disease in my Space marines. You lose all those units."
"No I dont. It's not in the rules."
"Yes it is.."
"no it isn't."
"Go check the rules"

My friend wandered off to get his Space Marines codex. it was going to take him a while so i pulled out a pot of pink washable paint and started painting. He came back 15 minutes later and discovered that his Carnifex was a little Kinky and his Necrons were gay. I had painted a Tutu on his Carnifex and dumped half his necrons in the pot of pink paint and fished them out with a fork.

needless to say a gigantic pillow fight ensued.

I guess it's a you had to be there moment. he is extremely competetive and does not like peole doing anything untoward with his 40K models. I found out that they are his 'babies'

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABIES????" he was a little fruity...He jumped on me and started hitting me over the head with a pillow. I shrugged him off and dumped the soiled pieces in a sink and washed the paint off.

"There... Good as new."
"Your bein the Tyranids next time you bastard"

After we finished the game my friend ask me if we wanted to play again. I replied "Only if you move in with your Uncle and Auntie in Bel Air.

He facepalmed......

Bear in mind that this happened in another game but I felt it deserves to be put here

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Doug said:
Hoorah, well back Rob!

It should be a real past tabletop situation. I guess it could be a current situation as well...but that would just be strange.
I know I just typed one out but Could I do a Munchkin Scenario as well. I play that mroe often. It is a Role Playing Card game. Well at least the way we play it.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
yaaaay

*does fangirl dance*
i checked it every thursday ^-^ and its heeeeeeeere!
awesome ep XD

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
smallharmlesskitten said:
Spinwhiz said:
Doug said:
Hoorah, well back Rob!

I actually want to hear the story...but it has to be tabletop story for this particular contest. Sorry SHK!

I know I just typed one out but Could I do a Munchkin Scenario as well. I play that mroe often. It is a Role Playing Card game. Well at least the way we play it.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
smallharmlesskitten said:
Spinwhiz said:
Doug said:
Hoorah, well back Rob!

But we play it on a tabletop....*sulks* I hope my other one is good enough