Unforgotten Realms: Episode 13: SS Paladon

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Okay Friends...the results are in and we have picked out favorite 3, which was really hard because all of your stories were amazing!

[user]Baby Tea[/user] for post #42
[user]Koji Arala[/user] for post #61
[user]_-Default-_[/user] for post #77

Each of these winners will be getting one of the NEW Unforgotten Realms tees from The Escapist Store [http://www.splitreason.com/theescapist].

As a side note, you can still get a 15% discount on anything at The Escapist Store [http://www.splitreason.com/theescapist] through today (December 1st) by entering ESCAPEHERE15 (all caps) as a promotional code.

Thanks again to all who entered and congrats to the winners!

Best,
Spin

k_rafftry

Mar 5, 2008
ABSOLUTELY EPIC! Welcome back, my favourite video series! Sorry I'm so late, damn broadband broke for some time! I laughed very hard at the youtube joke!

DarkTrio

Dec 4, 2008
aww drat... i wanted to post my story but the contest is over... oh well I'm gunna post it anyways.

So the guys and myself are all over for a good old game of 3.5 DND... the current campaign setting is a forgotten realms one (It contains gunpowder and primitive guns)and the DM is a particularly imagination oriented person. I play a rouge, there are two fighters and a cleric. (the wizard was taking the night off). This particular campaign is pretty combat oriented one, so it came as no surprise when we got involved in a war.

The general strategy for our group is for me to hide on one of the fighter's backs while they chuck me over the heads of an unsuspecting opponent at which point my dual wielding rouge unleashes four sneak attacks. We also usually do this when I need to disarm a trap but my ability to move is impaired, so one of the fighters tosses me over the traps so I can get to the control box or whatever. One time, however, I had been hit with a paralyzing poison and so the one of the fighters picked up a rock and chucked it across the room repeatedly in order to disarm all of the traps. This rock had been kept all the way through the campaign. (we are level 11 and we found the rock at level 3)Anyway... This is significantly less effective in a war setting, but we still managed to get by... that is until the DM dropped a huge size golem on the war zone. three to be exact. I could not hurt it to say the least, the fighters could slowly chip away at its health and the cleric was running around healing the wounded. One fighter was in the middle of taking on a golem when the other one found a case of dynamite. He lit it, chucked it and ran. The golem ate the full blast and was still standing. needless to say, we were impressed. The fighter around around and lobed his rock. The DM ruled for 1d4+str (he is a large char) He rolls a 20. Nat 20. (there is a house rule in our campaign that forces you to say a witty punchline as you score a 20 or it defaults to a 19) He then decides to say "you want to play hardball? I'm game!" and chucked the rock. He rolled a 4... 4+10= 14... the thing had 12 HP left. The golem goes down.

As the rouge, it is my job to buy all of the alchemical items and poisons for the party, so I always have at least 5 of every useful substance (alchemist's fire, acid, lockslip grease, instant ice, tanglefoot bags, lotus poison ect.)

The next golem was taken down by the spike chain figher with an improved trip attempt. The cleric was walking around using air walk and I had him use create water on it. Usually when I come up with plans everyone just does it. so he casts create water, thereby conjuring about 5 bathtubs full of water over it. no reaction, so I chuck one of my instant ices... 20. I yell "you need to take a chill pill!" as the vial hits the water, thereby freezing it to the ground. The fighter from before walks over with some dynamite and proceeds to place it directly over the head. One golem left. The cleric had found some obscure spell in a variant that dealt 1d8/level (max 10) fire damage on a ranged touch attack. The party proceeded to beat on the hunk of meta until it was at low hit points. the cleric fires off his only real damaging spell. Nat 20. again. no joke. He said "Need a light? I've got one!" and cast his spell. the thing bursts into flames and falls over. We later went to retrieve the rock. it had fallen off a cliff and we ended up taking a thirty minute side-quest to find it. but we had to because it was the fighter's "lucky pebble"

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Calm down, lumberjack!

Oh, I'm sure I'm a few people's worst tabletop experience since 7 years ago, the ultimate noob suffering from a limited attention span & a paper-thin memory unless it was something nerdy & trivial. & you can bet no one ever let me DM.

My most horrid D&D related experience that I can remember clearly would be video game related, playing some of the cheapest Neverwinter Knights premium mods & finding out they were only half finished. How the hell am I supposed to save the damned city now, huh? :mad: & Slayers has been around for more than 10 years, when will it get an RTSRPG?

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
misterprickly said:
I love the NEW intro!
Are they using Toon BOOM or Anime Studio?
I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think the series is made using Flash, and some other things.

k_rafftry

Mar 5, 2008
Probably because it's a blatant copy of assassin's creed. I can't wait to see where that is going!

JInf

Dec 19, 2008
Out of contest - just for fun...

Once there was a game for 5 players (2 rogues, 2 mages and a bard) and our DM didn't bother think of a serious reason for us (rogues duet) to follow party. Our only motivation was gold - so we stole lots of stuff.

In the meantime we had a side-quest which was thought to be uncompletable: stole a statuette and a pack of documents. Even though we manage to make an almost perfect burglary - by Master's will papers were locked in a safe so tough we couldn't lockpick it even with that being my primary function.
So we returned to the Rogues' guild with only statuette. And thats when we heard that papers were the primary task, so we generally failed, blah-blah-blah... They wanted to get a 100g as a compensation for documents' cost (which was a giant sum by our world) but accepted to take a statuette instead.

The killing punch was mentioning that any decent rogue could lockpick that safe.
At that moment we became dissappointed and asked our DM about the size of the safe. He told us some numbers. Then we recalled what was it made of, went into a lot of calculations and proved mathematically that according to the size and material the safe couldn't be heavier that 120kg or something. DM became nervous - but it was too late - we returned to the house, successfully rolled some dices and dragged the safe all the way accross the city right to the Guild and claimed 100g + our reward.
The punch line was - "You wanted those papers - here they are. You didn't tell anything about how they must be delivered. Besides, as you say - any rogue can open the safe, so it shouldn't be a problem - have fun".