Unforgotten Realms: Episode 15: Opposite Day

Loco_Roco_08

Dec 14, 2008
I dn't mind the lenght, i would really like it if Unforgotte Realms came outevery week regardless of the length of the video.

Triscut900

The Cracker
Dec 19, 2008
what happened to sir schmoopy's cool costume i sucks that they changed it other than that haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrioooooooouss =b

Despise

Dec 19, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
Doyler20008 said:
I love logging on to watch the show(not a big fan of the fact that its every 2 weeks but think it actually makes it a bit more funny). but every two weeks and this was all we got this time. I did think it was a bit short but seeing as it wasn't the even remotely as funny as usual I kinda don't mind. Hopefully it will pick up in future episodes Oh and I love the new opening.
Do you understand how absolutely pointless this is. How every week there is always that one guy who posts this and how it's possible for 99 people to find something funny and 1 person not?

I just... don't understand why people think that their opinion is so.. generalized.
get the dishes... cus you just got,

SERVED!!1

p.s great episode, Roamin was awesome as ever. :]

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
Do you understand how absolutely pointless this is. How every week there is always that one guy who posts this and how it's possible for 99 people to find something funny and 1 person not?

I just... don't understand why people think that their opinion is so.. generalized.
OK, Rob, listen, people are stupid, stop taking there opinions so seriously. You just do your thing that your paid to do. Responding to critisisem winth anger, stupid or otherwise, makes you look like the kind of self concious guy who cant live without 100% approval at all times.

Darqion

Dec 19, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
SirSchmoopy said:

OK, Rob, listen, people are stupid, stop taking there opinions so seriously. You just do your thing that your paid to do. Responding to critisisem winth anger, stupid or otherwise, makes you look like the kind of self concious guy who cant live without 100% approval at all times.
Not only that.. The guy gave his opinion... I didnt laugh nearly as often this time around either. But even so, the guy had his post filled with the words "i think", which makes it all the more clear that he wasn't generalizing anything, but was giving some feedback.

Just ignore the negative posts you dont like.. even though i'd personally be more annoyed about people complaining about the length, then the content. The length is set by your time investment, while the content is experienced on a personal basis. You use alot of different types of humor, and not all of them will connect with everybody (all the time at least)

Anyway.. enough ranting.. Its by far the most awesome and funny show i know on the net at the moment. The wait is only hard because its so enjoyable so yea :p good job

JInf

Dec 19, 2008
Hm... I just wonder - could sir Shmoopy have something like a fire shield or something of the kind? In that way he would survive the first impact and get minor damage from hitting the water and being hit by ship shrapnel.

The thing that troubles more - why didn't the fish eat the kobolds or their corpses as well?

Fuuten

Sep 5, 2008
JInf said:

The thing that troubles more - why didn't the fish eat the kobolds or their corpses as well?
Sea Monsters hate fur.
_>
...Hell, I dunno.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I used logic very similar to Gary's just to annoy my brother when he was pretending it was opposite day.

freebiewitz

Nov 22, 2008
Hey I got an idea! A few people have been saying that the reason the episodes are shorter is because he's gonna make em more frequent right?
Well what if he was just using his spare time to work on Unforgotten realms the movie?
Now that would be epic.

gcswitch

Aug 9, 2008
not watching anymore... you are ruining UR. old eps were alot better. im disapointed rob, disapointed indeed.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
I was thinking about it and i think i know whats missing or what would make UR better...
The transition between the game world and the "real" world rarely ever happens anymore. In the older episodes, it would switch to rob and mike with a response on what, mainly rob did in the game to piss mike off. I think that you should bring that back rob... and also i think you should show rob or mike playing gaary and roamin in the game. Its leading away from two guys playing a D&D type game, its just turning into just another fantasy cartoon...ya know...

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
chickenlord said:
I was thinking about it and i think i know whats missing or what would make UR better...
The transition between the game world and the "real" world rarely ever happens anymore. In the older episodes, it would switch to rob and mike with a response on what, mainly rob did in the game to piss mike off. I think that you should bring that back rob... and also i think you should show rob or mike playing gaary and roamin in the game. Its leading away from two guys playing a D&D type game, its just turning into just another fantasy cartoon...ya know...
Blah blah blah blah. Yes I heard this all before again and again but for some reason people don't seem to understand the story is the GAME. The story is THE FANTASY. The show is SIRSCHMOOPY and ELUAMOUS. Rob and Mike are simply the hosts that control the flow and the transitions.

In the older episodes, the transitions only happened at the times they were required. Go look at episodes 6 through 8 of the classic flash files, 90% of it is IN GAME AS WELL.

And is there a problem if it turns into a fantasy cartoon? I lure you in with role play and it becomes something more then that, how exactly is that a problem? Every now and then I break away from the fantasy with a dose of real life reality to remind people it is indeed a game.

MacBauer

Sep 3, 2008
Hey Schmoop. I'm a long time watcher, first time writer. Anyways, fucking amazing episode man. As always. I feel your pain with the sections of the fan base going 'How come in new episodes Rob doesn't search for traps?!" But anyways, I've got to ask, I thought somebody on the UR forums would pick this up (I read them, but can't be bothered to join.) but, is the undersea monster an undersea Spider Bear? I couldn't help but notice the eight eyes, multiple appendages, and vaguely bear shape. Perhaps a Spider Whale?

Valciron

Sep 17, 2008
Awesome episode Rob. I was begining to think Sir Schmoopy wouldn't appear until half way into the season. Keep it up.

Also, I'm fine with it changing and becoming shorter if it's once a week. That gives me more to look foward to each week rather than ever other week..

iWaNtToCaStAsPeLl

Dec 21, 2008
Funny as always, shorter episodes don't really bother me. If this is going to be the quality of shorter eps then bring it on. Looking forward to seeing Sir Schmoopy of awesometon casting flares and checkin' for traps in that bad ass new gear.

Rogue 09 said:
I think that episode was exactly as long as it was supposed to be!

Horray!

Hey, for a few changes, I think you should make things as funny and awesome as you feel they need to be. I also think that everybody would benefit from the episodes being in colors visable to the light spectrum most members of our species find visible.

You should also change the species of the characters into whatever happens to cross your mind in the two weeks you take to make the next volume, and I would also like the characters to all speak english... except Petey.

But for now... I guess I'll trust you know what you're doing...
That's a hell of a tall order to make on one man lol. That would be changing up the whole series.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
It felt mostly like a filler at the beginning but frackin' funny nonetheless. BTW, isn't Schmoopy supposed to be beardless and wearing the Altair duds?