Unforgotten Realms: Episode 15: Opposite Day

ttony21

May 30, 2008
Yay the return of Sir Schmoopy! Was kind of hoping for him to come back in his Altaïr suit or without his beard or something but at least now he gets to totally save the day in one of his awesome and totally not rule-bending fashions.

Waryor

Dec 18, 2008
It really doesn't matter if it was short if its just as funny or funnier than before... and through the whole episode i didnt stop laughing until schmoopy showed up.

Kidchaos93

Sep 2, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
B-lockdown080 said:
nickster1 said:
when the episode starts you see sir schmoopy look like al'tair when do you think hes going to look like,that if ever.
What weapons is he duel wielding when he looks like al'tair? they look like rapiers with open handed grips

Half a beaver tail with a butter knife tied together with string.
I couldnt tell if it was sarcasem but if it wasn't...it still wouldnt suprise me

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Was amusing, as always, but a bit repetative... Gary's still one of my favorite characters, heh, even as a turtle... ^^

It is sad that it's a bit short, but hey, Robert Moran is a funny guy and if he has to cut a minute or two less material out to get it done every other week it's vastly preferred to him not doing it at all. : 3

...Then again, I get to watch two new Zero Punctuation episodes on the Escapist between the Unforgotten Realms episodes so maybe it just doesn't seem like such a long wait to me. The series has it's ups and downs, but I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode, which I'm betting will be about what happen when last we left Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon, heh.

sketchesofpayne

Sep 11, 2008
"I'll give you three seconds to figure it out..."

Ha Ha! Gold!

It's not length that matters, but girth! Er, I mean like quality over quantity. >_>

ghostgnome

Jun 26, 2008
I have to be honest. When you first introduced Roamin and Gaary I thought they would get really annoying. But the dialogue between them has been so well written, clever, and downright funny that they have quickly climbed to my favorite characters in any show for all time.

As for the whole opposite day thing, it was really funny. This episode definitely was my favorite of season 2. At least till next episode comes out.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Doyler20008 said:
I love logging on to watch the show(not a big fan of the fact that its every 2 weeks but think it actually makes it a bit more funny). but every two weeks and this was all we got this time. I did think it was a bit short but seeing as it wasn't the even remotely as funny as usual I kinda don't mind. Hopefully it will pick up in future episodes Oh and I love the new opening.
Do you understand how absolutely pointless this is. How every week there is always that one guy who posts this and how it's possible for 99 people to find something funny and 1 person not?

I just... don't understand why people think that their opinion is so.. generalized.

CorpBlitz

Dec 15, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
Maybe it's just me but I didn't think this was very funny. I loved the first season but lately it's just been missing something and I don't know why but it just doesn't make me laugh anymore. Also, the meeting with Sir Schmoopy was a bit forced imo. In fact, I thought the whole episode was a bit forced. I really wanted to enjoy this episode but I didn't. Now I'm praying that the return of Sir Schmoopy will make this show awesome again.
Yes, I missed Sir Schmoopy too, his evil little 'bend the rules' thought pattern is what makes the show so enjoyable in the first place. :)

RyePunk

Dec 5, 2008
loved the episode. The slow-mo realization that the sea creature is a beaver (even though he wasnt really) was hilarious.
However shouldnt the opposite of letting a monster smash into the wall be smashing the wall into the creature? I thought He would throw the wall at the creature. Oh well. I still very much enjoyed it.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
CorpBlitz said:
Hamster at Dawn said:
Maybe it's just me but I didn't think this was very funny. I loved the first season but lately it's just been missing something and I don't know why but it just doesn't make me laugh anymore. Also, the meeting with Sir Schmoopy was a bit forced imo. In fact, I thought the whole episode was a bit forced. I really wanted to enjoy this episode but I didn't. Now I'm praying that the return of Sir Schmoopy will make this show awesome again.
Yes, I missed Sir Schmoopy too, his evil little 'bend the rules' thought pattern is what makes the show so enjoyable in the first place. :)
I agree... I really miss the outside of the game arguments with the in game stuff too... it's really turning into just schmoopy and nailo stuff instead of rob and mike playing as the two characters.

Alpha001

Dec 31, 2007
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you use to make UR? Flash? Or something different...

"How about a Flare...?"

B-lockdown080

Nov 5, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
B-lockdown080 said:
nickster1 said:
when the episode starts you see sir schmoopy look like al'tair when do you think hes going to look like,that if ever.
What weapons is he duel wielding when he looks like al'tair? they look like rapiers with open handed grips

Half a beaver tail with a butter knife tied together with string.
Awesome what tragic accident possesed create such a weapon(er what do we call them?...the Leather Beating Nightmares??)

Killerkittenprr

May 15, 2008
ROB.
I liked the part where the episode ended.
Needs more Carl, imo. In fact, you should get rid of the other characters.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Rajin Cajun said:
nathan-dts said:
Nice one, I enjoyed it but i'm annoyed about the length of it (as you predicted).
I wait two weeks to see the next unforgotten realms episode and I would prefer if it was longer.
Seconded but if he is going shorter to get it going one a week then I will be happy.
Now there's an idea ...
Yes, I wouldn't mind one a week but shorter episodes (as long as it doesn't interfere with the quality of it).

I have to struggle between every new episode with Yahtzee's stale comedy and The escapist show (which admittedly is becoming good, due to it being informative as well as comedic).

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
I think Roamin did a nice job filling in for Schmoopy in the comedic department but I'm glad Schmoopy is back. You know what they say, two heads are better than one.

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
That was a horrible episode...in opposite day! *joke* Damn, that thing was mind-boggling to listen to.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Rajin Cajun said:
nathan-dts said:
Nice one, I enjoyed it but i'm annoyed about the length of it (as you predicted).
I wait two weeks to see the next unforgotten realms episode and I would prefer if it was longer.
Seconded but if he is going shorter to get it going one a week then I will be happy.
Now there's an idea ...
Now look what you've done. Russ is going to whip him twice as hard.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Ah.. Opposite day, the mother of all paradoxs
BTW: the opposite of fury is calmness