Unforgotten Realms: Episode 17: Lemon Grenades

dieland

Jan 1, 2009
the arbitar was a nice touch i love how he incorurates vidoe games into some of these epesodes.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
restoshammyman said:
SirSchmoopy said:
Skeleon said:
Awesome episode!
Just one thing...
Why did Grandma keep her spells and abilities (Mass Teleport) when she was put in a new body and Schmoopy doesn't?

Different body, same class.
how are they the same class?
the new body is clearly a witch.(and not at all a princess).
and grandma is clearly a wizzard.
Witch isn't a class
Granma doesn't have a monocle.

Your arguing with the guy who gets to make up everything as he sees fit. I'm not sure you can win.
You say that with uncertainty-
Is that just to show your comfort with your own correctness, or is it just leaving an opening for a possible loophole involving RetroShammyMan?

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Erana said:
Is that just to show your comfort with your own correctness, or is it just leaving an opening for a possible loophole involving RetroShammyMan?
Sometimes I think my storyline is way to see through. Then I read the comments for the episode.

But to answer your question, I'm just pointing out to people that pick and gnaw at a game where the rule book is made up along the way that nothing can ever be incorrect. In fact, if I ever make a mistake on my own rules I can simply blame the characters in the show for forgetting the rule just like real roleplayers might forget one or two rules of the game as they play through.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
Erana said:
Sometimes I think my storyline is way to see through. Then I read the comments for the episode.

But to answer your question, I'm just pointing out to people that pick and gnaw at a game where the rule book is made up along the way that nothing can ever be incorrect. In fact, if I ever make a mistake on my own rules I can simply blame the characters in the show for forgetting the rule just like real roleplayers might forget one or two rules of the game as they play through.
Sounds like exploitation to me. :p
But hey, if it works it works eh?

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
hey if they didnt make up the rules this would be some other boring webtoon that no one would watch
Arbiter and Altair FTW! :p

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Some chick with a urine fetish somewere....

I want one of those unforgotten realms charater sheets, damnit!

Guvnorium

Nov 20, 2008
You do eh? I may have one saved somewhere...

And great episode. The joke about "U Realms Fourth edition" reminded me of those horrible and long (though funny) debates on the U realms forums...Overall, best episode of the new season by far.

Kidchaos93

Sep 2, 2008
You have no idea how hard i loled when the wizzard(without a moniicle) Introduced the arbiter XD

Awsome Rob Awsome

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:

Now that is just plain clever. You can even use it for a quick laugh later, when one of them notices the overlooked rule.

My explanation for the whole Gramma keeping her spells vs. Schmoopy not would be that Gramma was a wizard (Yes, even despite the lack of a monocle. Eluamous gets away with it, why not Gramma?) Being a wizard, her spells are memorized through years of study, and therefore a part of her cognitive process and can be transferred with the rest of her memories/personality. Schmoopy was a sorcerer, which means that his body contained the magical attunement he needed in order to cast spells. Lose the body, lose the spells.

JInf

Dec 19, 2008
Schmoopy's Granma is not just A wizard. She's one of THE most powerful wizards, especially considering her age.
So she might as well wear an invisible monocle... You know... to see invisible traps and walls...

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
The_State said:
SirSchmoopy said:

Now that is just plain clever. You can even use it for a quick laugh later, when one of them notices the overlooked rule.

My explanation for the whole Gramma keeping her spells vs. Schmoopy not would be that Gramma was a wizard (Yes, even despite the lack of a monocle. Eluamous gets away with it, why not Gramma?) Being a wizard, her spells are memorized through years of study, and therefore a part of her cognitive process and can be transferred with the rest of her memories/personality. Schmoopy was a sorcerer, which means that his body contained the magical attunement he needed in order to cast spells. Lose the body, lose the spells.
Yeah, but the crystal of absorb takes abilities as well, so wouldn't either Roamin or the new Schmoopy have the old Schmoopy's spells?

... wait, was the wolf a sorcerer then? o_O

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
chuckman1 said:
Why didn't the next episode come out yet?
Rob said this next one is the last one that is biweekly instead of weekly.

... Either that or he said that 17 was the last, and this one is just late.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
The epic return of Cadoral... Kazdoil.... Ka-door-al....
Schmoopy did it better in the christmas speical though