Unforgotten Realms: Episode 23: Yo Dawg

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
DarkPally said:
when schmoopy turned into a kobold i didn't get it cos he only had that power in his other body, but anyway the last bit was bloody funny
You didn't watch the previous ep, did you?

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
kawligia said:
For quite a while, this show seemed to forget that Rob and Mike were playing an RPG. Glad to see a return to the roots. IMO, the funniest parts of the show come when Rob "bends" the RPG rules or just does unorthodox things much to Mike's dismay. That happened a lot in the first handful of episodes. Like when he kept searching for traps or when he kept throwing things down the well.
Yes and No. I mean, if all the show ever was was two guys roleplaying and ones a goof and one gets mad. It would get dull after the first season. There are only so many times you can call Rob an idiot before it gets boring which is why I recognized this from the original and took a different path when redoing it. My goal now is too make you forget that it's just a game and get you immersed in the story so when I do PULL you back to the two guys playing a game those scenes are still funny.

This is why characters like Roamin and Gaary help. Whos playing Roamin and whos playing Gaary? We don't know, all we know is that they are too NPC characters in the story Rob, Mike and Timmy are slowly creating. As the show pushes forward, I plan to keep building the story slowly. It's been 23 episodes and we haven't even seen a Dragon but with that said you know there is a long way too go still because in games like Dungeons and Dragons, when you get to the max level and beat the final boss, beat the big bad dragon and finish the quest you set out to do, the story ends. And that is something I want to be really far down the road.

Next week however is an episode I have been excited to do since I made the first episode of Unforgotten Realms two years ago. The Tower of Ulitmate Wizardy only with high level traps and puzzles, the kind of puzzles I would like to see if I was playing a Role playing game. I'm super excited and I think without a doubt it's going to be a lot of peoples favorite episode not so much for the humor but for the story. And if I can keep people hooked on the story, it will make it a lot easier for this show to not get dull.
Fair enough. I can see that. I didn't know it was part of a plan. I orignally thought the focus of the show was drifting, put I see what you did there.

On the other hand, Mike doesn't have to respond to Rob's shenanigans the same way every time (calling him an idiot). There are a million ways for Mike to respond that can be just as funny and creative as what Rob did in the first place.

Also, beating a dragon and finishing the quest doesn't have to be the end of the story. Maybe...EDIT: I will PM you with this so it won't be a spoiler in case you decide to do something similar.

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
*profuse snickering*
Best UR ending ever. I was going to cheer on the return of Timmy the Evil till that came up XD

Keep em' coming :3

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Yay, domestic violence...

Great piece, as always. I'm glad to see Timmy on his way back.

Sanke01

May 3, 2009
Sorry if this has already been asked, what's the music at the end of this episode, the jaunty one when Shmoopy is revealing himself to Gavin, it sounds awesome! :D is it possible to get a copy of that track?

Also, awesome episode! i love the series

Rad619619

Mar 21, 2009
Hey is Timmy your brother in real? If he is, then is Mr. Walrus his favorite toy or something (Just popped into my head when I saw the animated Timmy holding a Mr.Walrus toy :p)

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
Excellent Yo Dawg reference.
I used to say that all the time even before I saw this.
Innovative writing is what defines this series and remains hilarious as ever.
Awesomesauce!

ExtremeAnimator

Jun 29, 2009
Awesome episode as always. The best part was: I wanna cast a punch to Timmy's face..... Keep up with the good work!