Unforgotten Realms: Episode 23: Yo Dawg

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
lol gaary had to translate what he said...do i sense a bit of racism rob? where was the POTENTIALLY RACIST warning sign?...great episode anyways =P...so now are they going to keep timmy the evils plan for the new tower?

I see now how petey comes back! the sea monster is back which means peteys back! yay!

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
A pretty funny episode this week, although the part with Schmoopy looking like a Kobold was a little confusing however. Did he use the same sort of thing that he used to trick the Spider Bear in the last episode; or was this just you writing the whole "Skin of Tolerance" thing back in?

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Waaaaait a second...
That's the fish they escaped from...
And teleported everyone out, except...

*GASP!* PETEY'S COMING BACK!

Aginor27

Aug 13, 2008
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1414/yoyoyodawg.jpg

I didn't make that, but i found it on Encyclopedia Dramatica...kind of bugged me...

Good episode once again.

CorpBlitz

Dec 15, 2008
k_rafftry said:
Is there anywhere one can download/purchase the theme music?
rofl I've asked this before too it's awesome music, a proper heavy metal guitar version of the rifts mixed in with a little eletronica with it would be awesome ;)

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Good video this week...
"I wanna cast a punch on Timmy's face...I'm gonna punch you in the nuts Timmy!"

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
For quite a while, this show seemed to forget that Rob and Mike were playing an RPG. Glad to see a return to the roots. IMO, the funniest parts of the show come when Rob "bends" the RPG rules or just does unorthodox things much to Mike's dismay. That happened a lot in the first handful of episodes. Like when he kept searching for traps or when he kept throwing things down the well.

Also, I like that Timmy the Evil is coming back around. The show needs an identifiable villian.

Edit: Now that some people have mentioned it, I have to say that the number of shows with a bearable theme song is VERY short (single digits). Unforgotten Realms is one of them.

Bootkiller

Master of Dimensions
Dec 27, 2008
Great episode!

Just curious, is the "Sing of the Unforgotten" original, or from a game or something?

I wanna cast a punch to Timmy's face!

Tom Dude2

Oct 10, 2008
Quick question; In the Witty Wizard logo where Schmoopy says "I want to cast a spell" really quietly and then theres a loud explosion. Did you intend people to turn the sound up really loud to hear Schmoopy and then they wouldn't expect the loud explosion almost blasting their eardrums and speakers?

Kenter

Mar 6, 2009
An offtopic question:

Does anyone know where to get or have guitar tabs for the intro song?

k_rafftry

Mar 5, 2008
Tom Dude2 said:
Quick question; In the Witty Wizard logo where Schmoopy says "I want to cast a spell" really quietly and then theres a loud explosion. Did you intend people to turn the sound up really loud to hear Schmoopy and then they wouldn't expect the loud explosion almost blasting their eardrums and speakers?
If it was me, it would have been my intention :p

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
The following post did not care for the new Watchmen movie, because it was kinda long. I mean it was good and all, but they give you like a two liter thing of coke to drink at the movies and I really really had to pee about an hour and a half into the movie.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
k_rafftry said:
Is there anywhere one can download/purchase the theme music?
http://www.nathanallenpinard.com/

Nathan has downloads to both first and second season theme songs.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Aginor27 said:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1414/yoyoyodawg.jpg

I still laugh every time I read it out loud. That was the hardest line for me to record ever.

kawligia said:
For quite a while, this show seemed to forget that Rob and Mike were playing an RPG. Glad to see a return to the roots. IMO, the funniest parts of the show come when Rob "bends" the RPG rules or just does unorthodox things much to Mike's dismay. That happened a lot in the first handful of episodes. Like when he kept searching for traps or when he kept throwing things down the well.
Yes and No. I mean, if all the show ever was was two guys roleplaying and ones a goof and one gets mad. It would get dull after the first season. There are only so many times you can call Rob an idiot before it gets boring which is why I recognized this from the original and took a different path when redoing it. My goal now is too make you forget that it's just a game and get you immersed in the story so when I do PULL you back to the two guys playing a game those scenes are still funny.

This is why characters like Roamin and Gaary help. Whos playing Roamin and whos playing Gaary? We don't know, all we know is that they are too NPC characters in the story Rob, Mike and Timmy are slowly creating. As the show pushes forward, I plan to keep building the story slowly. It's been 23 episodes and we haven't even seen a Dragon but with that said you know there is a long way too go still because in games like Dungeons and Dragons, when you get to the max level and beat the final boss, beat the big bad dragon and finish the quest you set out to do, the story ends. And that is something I want to be really far down the road.

Next week however is an episode I have been excited to do since I made the first episode of Unforgotten Realms two years ago. The Tower of Ulitmate Wizardy only with high level traps and puzzles, the kind of puzzles I would like to see if I was playing a Role playing game. I'm super excited and I think without a doubt it's going to be a lot of peoples favorite episode not so much for the humor but for the story. And if I can keep people hooked on the story, it will make it a lot easier for this show to not get dull.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
"Who's language was I speaking? ROFL! (is that how you spell it by the way?)

Only thing this show really suffers from is a variety in the voice acting. Otherwise it's brilliant