Unforgotten Realms: Episode 29: Enter the Dragon Warrior

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
petey hunter said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Meatwad555 said:
meh... I miss the episodes when the story actually ties in to Rob and Mike playing DND...
Yeah, me too. UR isn't what it used to be.

Rob, go back and watch episodes 3 through 7. Re-do that in Season Three, and we'll all be your minio-uhhh, fans.
why should he just remake stuff
me i didn't quite understand the reference to the dragon warrior/schmoopy, so thanks Mitko
Any way this episode was hard to follow
by the way schmoopy's helm is a dragon warrior helm it says so on his character sheet
I don't mean literally re-make, I mean do stuff like that, for example the disclaimers, Rob being less smart than Mike, scenes of them actually playing the game, less irrelevant scenes (like the maelstrom-gavin scenes), etc, etc.

Minimike3636

Mar 29, 2009
I have been SO CONFUSED ever since Episode 27. I still have no idea what went on with Gary, or what the Sins of the Unforgotten are. And WTF is Maelstrom aiming to do? And I cannot, for the life of me, figure out who the Dragon Warrior might be (though this seems to be REALLY obvious to other people, somehow).

Meatwad555

Mar 27, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
petey hunter said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Meatwad555 said:
meh... I miss the episodes when the story actually ties in to Rob and Mike playing DND...
Yeah, me too. UR isn't what it used to be.

Rob, go back and watch episodes 3 through 7. Re-do that in Season Three, and we'll all be your minio-uhhh, fans.
why should he just remake stuff
me i didn't quite understand the reference to the dragon warrior/schmoopy, so thanks Mitko
Any way this episode was hard to follow
by the way schmoopy's helm is a dragon warrior helm it says so on his character sheet
I don't mean literally re-make, I mean do stuff like that, for example the disclaimers, Rob being less smart than Mike, scenes of them actually playing the game, less irrelevant scenes (like the maelstrom-gavin scenes), etc, etc.
Exactly.

R4D0Mn3ss

Apr 16, 2009
First time poster on the Escapist. Woohoo!
Anyway, this episode wasn't for comedy purposed obviously, except with the flare part.
So, nice episode Rob. Was an awesome fight scene, keep up the good work!

unforgotten_bain

Jan 16, 2009
omg i know everybody knows this but....omfg is classic UR schmoopy 0_o. "by fire be purged" with he ring of fire "hand of thor"? remember where schmoopy's religion was THOR and jacque played the song and thor fired his lazer....all those spells. and at the end:"i wasnt aiming fo---"*die* actually i thinks thats in regular too but still IM FREAKIN OUT MAN

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Minimike3636 said:
I have been SO CONFUSED ever since Episode 27. I still have no idea what went on with Gary, or what the Sins of the Unforgotten are. And WTF is Maelstrom aiming to do? And I cannot, for the life of me, figure out who the Dragon Warrior might be (though this seems to be REALLY obvious to other people, somehow).
I'm really surprised I have to spell this out
Gaary, other than the look its a dragon part, if you think about it, it makes sense. Abe "freed" the black slaves in America, he freed Gaary who was enslaved to Roamin, why he jumped is beyond me. Do you remember when Schmoopy fought the Ogre in episode 6? Schmoopy cheated on the dice roll at the end and had a heart attack, it happened again when Schmoopy cheated to bring Roamin directly to the group. It was a sin to cheat in Unforgotten Realms. Maelstrom is trying to unite the crystals for ultimate power, big RPG cliche. The Dragon Warrior is the hero of legend in really predictable game plots, if you ask me it's Schmoopy's great-great...great-great-great grandfather and the immortality in Schmoopy's blood is all but diluted.

Minimike3636

Mar 29, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
I'm really surprised I have to spell this out
Gaary, other than the look its a dragon part, if you think about it, it makes sense. Abe "freed" the black slaves in America, he freed Gaary who was enslaved to Roamin, why he jumped is beyond me. Do you remember when Schmoopy fought the Ogre in episode 6? Schmoopy cheated on the dice roll at the end and had a heart attack, it happened again when Schmoopy cheated to bring Roamin directly to the group. It was a sin to cheat in Unforgotten Realms. Maelstrom is trying to unite the crystals for ultimate power, big RPG cliche. The Dragon Warrior is the hero of legend in really predictable game plots, if you ask me it's Schmoopy's great-great...great-great-great grandfather and the immortality in Schmoopy's blood is all but diluted.
WOAH. Nice. I thought about that cheating theory regarding the "Sins of the Unforgotten," but I could never be certain.

But now I'm more confused... I know Lincoln freed Gaary (correct spelling), but why did his body change back to normal? Did that go with the spell?
And if the Dragon Warrior is immortal, how did Maelstrom kill him? (unless it's one of those "only immortal to age" things)

I'm also questioning the flare cast by the Dragon Warrior, though...

FoxtrotTango

Dec 24, 2008
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when people bashed Unforgotten Realms for changing genres and trying to take itself more seriously. I knew that UR was maturing, and I honestly like where it's going because it's more apt to reel in more mainstream RPG fans while still having a bit of the comedic feel to it. People hating it because "its boring" and "its not like it used to be" is really selfish and, quite frankly, kind of stupid. Please, Rob, continue with Unforgotten Realms as you see fit. I like the direction you're taking it, and I can appreciate the epic in-jokes without them being thrown right in your face all of the time.

But I'm curious...what was the Dragon Warrior aiming at? Usually the "I wasn't aiming at you" line is followed by a lot of ricocheting day-saving awesome, so I'm thinking it might be a signal headed for the Tower of Ultimate Wizardry. What it actually is, we'll find out next Thursday.

CriticallyAcclaimed

Apr 6, 2009
in all honesty, I think I found the episodes in the beginning a lot funnier. At the same time, I am starting to become more and more interested in the plot. Either way, I still love Unforgotten Realms.

Flameguy42

Jan 31, 2009
A nice change from the usual humor. It was an epic battle and some nice flashbacks to the old UR "BY FIRE BE PURGED!!" Epic line. You can't do that line with wind or water. The story line got a little shaky, but I got a little theory. Nice work on this episode Rob. Thanks for making the weekend come a little sooner.

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
wow. i never knew that i would be given such a hard time just for expressing my own opinions about an episode. in my opinion unforgotten realms is a comedy and comedy are meant to be funny. i personally did not find much funny about this episode. like i said, i love unforgotten realms but i didnt like this episode. so no need to be sarcastic to me just because i had a different opinion to you.
you can like the episode if you want but i didnt. we crystal?

metroidgearsoIid

Apr 17, 2009
metroidgearsolid said:
wow. i never knew that i would be given such a hard time just for expressing my own opinions about an episode. in my opinion unforgotten realms is a comedy and comedy are meant to be funny. i personally did not find much funny about this episode. like i said, i love unforgotten realms but i didnt like this episode. so no need to be sarcastic to me just because i had a different opinion to you.
you can like the episode if you want but i didnt. we crystal?

Sorry about this posts guys. I must have been drunk or just literally retarded to have a different opinion. Opinions suck, love URealms or you shall all burn! Loved the episode Rob, sorry for being such a DOUCHE BAG before!

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
I loved how the Dragon Warrior looked just like the original Schmoopy, and the references back to episode 12 "I wasn't.. *gets stabbed by Maelstrom*" Keep it up Rob..... oh but an explanation of what's really going on would be nice for the finale.... or a few episodes into season 3, either way.... I'm still saying that the stone statue sent Roamin, Gary, Schmoopy and Nailo into an alternate timeline (Sorry for spelling errors.)

Meatwad555

Mar 27, 2009
FoxtrotTango said:
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when people bashed Unforgotten Realms for changing genres and trying to take itself more seriously.
That's the problem. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, or at least I don't think it was.

It actually made more sense the way Rob was doing it before. Now there are way too many questions left unanswered. Who is playing the Maelstrom character and many others? Why is Rob not mentally disabled anymore?

UR was way better when Rob didn't know what the hell he was doing.

stamda1

Feb 19, 2009
ok a shit load didn't make sence
why the hell didn't maelstrum mistace schmoopy 4 his step father in their first encounter?
how would flare send a message to the dragon warriors other sons assuming that is what it 's intention was
how did the dragon warrior get pwned affter taking so muchass and kicking so many names?
and as for when he was fighting.......talk about overkill god damn.