Unforgotten Realms: Episode 29: Enter the Dragon Warrior

Mitko8322

Mar 4, 2009
Mitko8322 said:
gigastrike said:
That was both epic and seemingly the shortest episode yet. I'm having mixed feelings for it. What i want to know is why the dragon warrior looks like sir schmoopy. Is schmoopy the dragon warrior's secret fifth son?
I posted this earlier. Its an Idea:
Also did anyone else notice the reference to the old classic unforgotten realms?
malestrom mentions a quest the dragon warrior went on in kadoral where he colected the hand of thor for a king. In the classic unforgotten realms there was a christmas special where Schoompy and the gang ( a girl centar is added) go to kadoral and take on a quest collecting Items for the king of the town in exchange for alot of money. On the list is the "hand of god" (probably thor. This means that the dragon warrior is probably Schmoopy from "classic unforgotten realms" tgis would explain the similarity between the two. Also that may tie in to the stone face's threat of back to the past. Not sending the characters back in time but making a reference to the old show. What do you think? Am I on to something or not close at all?

Oh and if anyone is interested here is the link to that episode:
http://www.urealms.com/flash/epixmas.html

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Mitko8322 said:
gigastrike said:
That was both epic and seemingly the shortest episode yet. I'm having mixed feelings for it. What i want to know is why the dragon warrior looks like sir schmoopy. Is schmoopy the dragon warrior's secret fifth son?
I posted this earlier. Its an Idea:
Also did anyone else notice the reference to the old classic unforgotten realms?
malestrom mentions a quest the dragon warrior went on in kadoral where he colected the hand of thor for a king. In the classic unforgotten realms there was a christmas special where Schoompy and the gang ( a girl centar is added) go to kadoral and take on a quest collecting Items for the king of the town in exchange for alot of money. On the list is the "hand of god" (probably thor. This means that the dragon warrior is probably Schmoopy from "classic unforgotten realms" tgis would explain the similarity between the two. Also that may tie in to the stone face's threat of back to the past. Not sending the characters back in time but making a reference to the old show. What do you think? Am I on to something or not close at all?
that's a better theory than what I was thinking of.

Aqua Trenoble

Mar 25, 2009
Unforgotten Ninja Turtle said:
Ryuzaki said:
Did anyone notice that Maelstrom's eye patch kept changing eyes, depending on which way he was looking?

Anyway that was a pretty good episode.
Yeah, why did the eyepatch move? Is it a mistake or is there some greater meaning. Find out in the next episode of the UNFORGOTTEN REALMS.
I think that the eyepatch movement (which also happens with his weapons) might have been a reference to the fact that characters and NPCs do the same thing with weapons and shields in most of Bioware's games.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Aqua Trenoble said:
Unforgotten Ninja Turtle said:
Ryuzaki said:
Did anyone notice that Maelstrom's eye patch kept changing eyes, depending on which way he was looking?

Anyway that was a pretty good episode.
Yeah, why did the eyepatch move? Is it a mistake or is there some greater meaning. Find out in the next episode of the UNFORGOTTEN REALMS.
I think that the eyepatch movement (which also happens with his weapons) might have been a reference to the fact that characters and NPCs do the same thing with weapons and shields in most of Bioware's games.
Also in most older/2-D video games and older/low budget animation. It's pretty commonly parodied. Kinda surprised people are asking questions about it.

The Purple Crusader

Dec 23, 2008
Mitko8322 said:
if you noticed The Dragon Warrior said, "out of rhymes already, malestrom". Malestrom ran out of rhymes that swhy he stopped rhyming.

Mitko8322 said:
I'm thinking the crystal has the power of persuasion. because after malestrom shows the dragon warrior the crystal. The D.W. says I wondered how a half bred like you joined the cobolds and orges.
Good story analysis there, you may really be onto something.

UltimaShisno

Apr 15, 2009
ok the battle animation was AWSOME we need more epic battles...maybe Eluamous could actually do something for once. i mean, seriously, not enough epic fights in this series, though it IS comic gold

MillsterUK

Apr 16, 2009
OH MY FREAKING GOD! Not enough humour but brilliant episode nonetheless. Can't wait to see who The Dragon Warrior was aiming at. Too bowt Petey and Jaque not coming back yet though. Also in closing thank God Schmoopy's body's back or at least something that resembles Schoompy's, it's been a while since I've seen a nunchuck duel-wielding dwarven sorceror :)

I just loved 'I wanna cast a super spell, Flare!'

OH NOEZ!! NXT EPISODE IZ TEH LAST OV DIS SEEREES!!! =O

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
6:33 there's a mouse click :p Great episode guys, but it only raises many many questions, can't wait till next week to find them out.

Aug 13, 2008
Mitko8322 said:
if you noticed The Dragon Warrior said, "out of rhymes already, malestrom". Malestrom ran out of rhymes that swhy he stopped rhyming.

i think that sounds quite likely actually
but it makes little sense when you consider that this is a table top game being played by 2 "real" people

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I liked this episode a lot. While not the best, the focus on badassery and references to older UR's, was better than the nonsensicalness of last week, which was okay after watching it a couple times where I suddenly got most of the jokes.
I bet D-Dub was aiming for someone else because he only needed 7 xp, but that was nothing new to Maelstrom.

And I totally feel for the guards of Kaddoral, I was playing Fire Emblem and I got to the other army's lord and my axemen took a ton of counter damage so I healed him and then my healer was killed because the knight was carrying a javelin.

zoozoo

Oct 22, 2008
"What was that? Back talk me again soldier and you're gonna be getting one hell of a pimp slap."

lmao best line

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Mitko8322 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing, although it may just be a nod to loyal viewers rather than part of the plot. But if it is part of the plot, IT'S AWESOME.

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
just epic - absolutely schaaaweetness, and i'm lvin Mitko's theories too!!