Unforgotten Realms: Episode 36: Groundbold

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Episode 36: Groundbold

Schmoopy and Douglas visit the king of Reldawin, in celebration of a new champion.

Watch Video

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Wow, pollitical commentary in Unforgotten Realms.
My mind has been blown.

Vriggchan

Jun 18, 2009
damn dude you really outdid yourself this time. ridiculously awesome episode! can't wait for the potter jokes to fly on their broom across next weeks show!

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
The best episode of this season so far and one of the best in general! Thanks Rob!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Funny how his dad called him douglas when that isn't his name:)

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Ahh, a reminder of why I like this show. Good job, Mr Rob (That sorta rhymed!).

I must say, I loved Douglas' little chicken wing song. That made my day.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
groundbooooold ^w^

he's adorable, but what happened to the chicken wings?

great ep XD

Ice Rapture

May 8, 2009
Ha, even "Douglas'" Dad refers to him as Douglas, he has officialy been renamed.
Awsome episode.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Great episode! Loved the last part with the half translation of the kobold speech :p

Keep up the good work Rob!

Valciron

Sep 17, 2008
Awesome episode. I remember that wizard guy (it was something with nador in it) was briefly seen in one of the classic episode openings. Schmoopy was on a boat, with that guy below him and attempted to jump him I think.

Aside, from that, I'm curious to see how the harry potter parody is pulled off.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
wasnt that the guy from the old old series in the intro on the boat that he fell off of...naaaa

the ground bold rolled a bulbasaur on his assassination roll. =D

Mattrius

Apr 9, 2009
Kiroshimatsu said:
So... is Jaque still trapped inside the belly of that sea monster?
WHAT. Jacque was never left behind in the sea monster...

Good episode :D

unforgotten_bain

Jan 16, 2009
great. as always. in anything. i always hate when people dont realise like, the main characters full potential. who they are. and shiRt. but i wanna go to hogwats

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
sky14kemea said:
groundbooooold ^w^

he's adorable, but what happened to the chicken wings?

great ep XD
I have eaten the chicken wings.

I am in total shock. Great episode guys.

Str8up_wizard

May 29, 2009
omg i cant believe it friggin haguratedusesss no way theyre going there!!!!!!!!

how fucking far back did you send them back in time dude, and im so confused didnt the dragon warrior dude have kids after the natur gems were in existence. well if that was the case how is it that malstrome exists???? did he kill abraham limcoln and go the the time portal too?

and if so does this mean that the time period right now abraham lincoln is the grand sorcerer of harguarts.....

meaning that the first two seasons were shit tons in the future even tho it seemed fairly barbaric, kinda like how starwars is a long time ago but rlly futuristic and what not????

XPLANE!!!!

magicdemon71

May 22, 2009
i am so confused,,,
(0,X)
many plot in this episode

and does now one anymore think abour roamin the crime solving rank 11 paladin??

XenoPenumbra

God of Nothingness
Jul 24, 2008
GROUNDBOOOOOOOoooooollld!.... that made me sad poor groundbold nice episode

wait sec, 3 marks of the unforgoten? hmmmmmm wonder what thats about. guess ill find out

SO MANY CLIFFHANGERS, I LOVE IT

Athen

May 7, 2009
Kiroshimatsu said:
In case you didn't notice, Roamin took Jaque with him when he teleported out of the sea monster. He actually disappeared between episodes. Jaque is with Roamin when he does his crime-solving montauge, but isn't there the next time we see him. Of course, none of that even matters because the group went back in time. We recently saw a french guy with Jaque's voice who was disguised as past Roamin but was actually working for a ryming kobold who is presumadly past Maelstrom.

Also, when did Schmoopy get his third slash? He got one from blowing on the die and one from moving Roamin's piece.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Kiroshimatsu said:
Petey was the one left behind in the sea monster, Jaque was the axe that sort of disappeared when Mike and Rob broke the rules to bring Roamin to the tower of Wizardy. That said they traveled back in time when they went through that portal at the end of season 2. Hence why this "very undead dire rat" was alive a couple of episodes back; meaning that Petey hasn't been, and probably never will be, eaten by the monster.

Ah well, at least the episode size is back to where it should be...

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
Ice Rapture said:
Ha, even "Douglas'" Dad refers to him as Douglas, he has officialy been renamed.
Awsome episode.
Oh, haha I didn't even notice that.

Great episode as usual, btw.

But what about the giant spell-cliffhanger?

Tuniki

Sep 14, 2008
I wonder if Sir Schmoopy's Grandma is now and even younger hotter babe in this time?

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
So... Yeah. Does this mean that that Nador gems weren't created by Nador, they're just in a permanent temporal loop? Schmoopy takes them back to Nador, who claims he invented them, they are used as a macguffin for a few thousand years and then Schmoopy picks them up and takes them back to Nador, who claims he invented them... Etc?

Awesome, anyway :p

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I really liked it, probably one of the better ones. Poor groundbold assassin, can't move his legs enough to shoot.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Efinem said:
wait sorry how does he have 3 sins of the forgotten where did they come from?
The first one was during the fight with the ogre when Rob blew on the die to get a 20. The second was when Rob moved Roamin's peice from Kaddoral to the tower of ultimate wizardy wizardry. The final one was when Mike decided to use the rigged die for Petey's defence roll which caused her to roll constant bulbasaurs. I guess if Schmoopy has 3 marks then the sins must be applied to both of them.

Great episode, though this Nater character seems to look out of place. (I.E.: he looks like something out of homestar runner and it seems strange.)

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I love the Groundbold's arms, this is gettin' reeaallyy confusing, but brilliant, this is by far one of the best in a while, even though I loved the other ones. I wonder if the mighty sorcerer Abraham Lincoln is alive in the past...

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
awesome episode man truly amazing i loled so hard at the hogwarts music! keep it up! o yeah and PEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in complete shock.......

Insane Guy of DOOM

Aug 7, 2008
I'm guessing that Eluamous and Schmoopy share the Sins of the Unforgotten, essentially when one person gets a sin, it counts for both of them. Notice they said "Wiggly Tough" had a Sins of the Unforgotten tatoo, but they didn't say how many slashes it had.

Pezzer

Feb 15, 2009
The 'groundbold' is now my favorite creature in the whole of the infinite universes.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I love the way everyone just started calling him 'Wigglytuff'

Also how 'Douglas'' Dad called him Douglas, better name anyway

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Finally some slight momentum :p

Now I'm intrigued, and very much looking forward to the Harry Potter jokes. HOGWATS!

Dante_Alucard

May 16, 2008
Okay kids everyone wave goodbye to plot and story telling. Don't worry i am send these guys some ridoline so that they can see what the fuck they are doing.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
My mind has been blow away by the plot twists presented in this one. Keep it up!
~Hunter

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
PEETY!!

lol harry potter reference
The sins of the unforgotten could possibly be for when they break the rules,
Wiggly Tuff got it for using a fake spell,
and the other from blowing up, bringing romin to there location and probs 3rd from renaming Dogulas

KotaroKun115

May 21, 2009
Wow This is by far my Favorite episode I can see alot of Plot Development coming aswell as this beingt he grestest Season Yet.
Also "GroundBold"

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
I don't know about you people but I'd pay for a Groundbold stuffed animal, especially if was carrying a flintlock pistol and would say "groundbold!"
Great episode, there better be a lot of Harry Potter jokes, haven't heard any good ones since the book series ended.

Bootkiller

Master of Dimensions
Dec 27, 2008
scarab7 said:
I don't know about you people but I'd pay for a Groundbold stuffed animal, especially if was carrying a flintlock pistol and would say "groundbold!"
Yeah! And when you pull the trigger, the pistol shoots candy!

Awesome episode.

(Insert name hear)

Jan 22, 2009
scarab7 said:
Great episode, there better be a lot of Harry Potter jokes, haven't heard any good ones since the book series ended.
oh yea! high five for stuffed Groundbolds.

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
Ice Rapture said:
Awsome episode.
possible final fantasy 4 reference

poor Ronald Penderson

and i think that schmoopy being responsible for petey proves that this was supposed to happen in time thereby proving that alternate timelines do not exist (in UR anyway... sorry Romain)

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
10 minutes! And one of the most plot-filled episodes yet! Great job Rob!!!

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Wait a minute, when Schmoopy committed his first sin of the unforgotten, he was in his wolf body. Does the tattoo stay with the soul? Or did James Jingalo commit one or possibly two sins before Schmoopy took over?

Simmo8591

May 20, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
Wait a minute, when Schmoopy committed his first sin of the unforgotten, he was in his wolf body. Does the tattoo stay with the soul? Or did James Jingalo commit one or possibly two sins before Schmoopy took over?
not sure is it counted as a Sin but didn't Schmoopy say the wrong number in the tower of ultimate wizardry during the questions episode... but still be let through. maybe that counts as the third one

Dartinin

Apr 14, 2009
WARNING do not take Unforgotten Realms seriously lest you be labeled an idiot FOREVER!!!
(I think that should be placed in the description of every episode for now on just as a fair warning to all those new to this series)

Evadize

Jun 26, 2009
Broken Wings. I thought you said you were done with this show. So stop effing complaining in these threads if you are. I don't see why you feel the need to try and tell everyone that the show sucks when only a small number of people actually agree with you, and all for different reasons. So please, either enjoy the show, or put your money where your mouth is and stop bothering everyone else with your complaints.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
I better be able to speak groundbold by the end of the next episode.
Or else...

Woem

May 28, 2009
Unforgotten Kobold!

Yet another amazing episode, and the time traveling still makes sense. This makes me wonder if you guys planned all this starting with the first season, you know with the undead Peaty and all.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
DragonWright said:
Speaking Groundbold is easy.

Understanding it is hard.
Bzzt, wrong.

Same with Marclar. You think you understand Marclar, but you don't talk it if you don't know how to. You just say marclar marclar, without knowing what each marclar means.

Runeaddyste

Apr 3, 2009
Theory...
The Groundbold becomes Mealstrom
Douglas becomes Gavin
The Info NPC/Questgiver IS a young Roamin
Nader creates the gems alongside Nailo, Douglas and Schmoopy
And Benzaie still insists on being french.
Opps, wrong site for that quote.

Anyway, you know the drill. Find out what happens next time on Unforgotten realms.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Best one for ages. One reason for this is I found any jokes where you broke the fourth wall by mentioning fans had said or pointing out your own plot holes I never really found funny but this week all the jokes were in the UF universe.

The torture joke was absolute genius I thought, topical humour concerning the making it up thing when under torture, then rob bringing right back to "his level" with the whole grounbolds can only say their own name (similar to an actual Wigglytuff)

vid20

Feb 12, 2008
"Chicken Wings"
"I'm in complete shock!"

man, epic episode.

in fact epic series!

Greatjosh

May 21, 2009
Another good episode, But why did the king call his son Dugless when thats the name rob gave to him!!! when his real name was something else stupid, i hope gary gets some more screen time in future cause hes pro :D

WtfLobster

May 20, 2009
Petey is back!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Now Jacque in the hogwarts? :D and it will be perfect, maybe romain is somewhere like a student, but you pulled it back from the last episode.. :p

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
This show is so stupid but in a good way.
How come Schmoopy has 3 sins and "Wigglytuff" has one? I only remember Schmoopy having 2 and Eluamous not having any. Did I miss something or is it yet to be explained?
Hopefully at Hogwarts they will have a class for magical singing doorbells or whatever it was.

Greatjosh

May 21, 2009
WtfLobster said:
Petey is back!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Now Jacque in the hogwarts? :D and it will be perfect, maybe romain is somewhere like a student, but you pulled it back from the last episode.. :p
Oooo mayb theres a magical sounds of sides of doors class :p and everybody is there :p

Hijuice

Jun 26, 2009
poncho14 said:
Funny how his dad called him douglas when that isn't his name:)
Not being nasty Poncho because you wernt they only one but i think i know why... The vids are about Mike and Rob not Schmoopy or Nailo :D

Mike made that name up off the top of his head and Rob changed it because he didn't like it :D So really as far as the name goes in the game UF hes called Doug 3.

That or Rob 'cough' made a mistake 'cough'. For my sake ill stick to the first one.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
Rob that was pure awesome! That had to be one of the best episodes in a while (and I have liked the most recent ones too), so very very nice work this week.

Loved the waterboarding joke, 3.2 OP nerfs, groundbold assassin, good ol Abe showing up, Petey, the Garry joke at the end. Even hitting up the sins of the Unforgotten.

Seriously good stuff this week, keep up the good work!

ISearchForTraps

Jun 22, 2009
Haha, gotta love the Wigglytuff running gag, and Elaumous (sp?) was too tired to object to it. I just realised too that Nader is from one of the classic openings, nice self reference there - and I loled at Douglas even having his father call him that. X3 Also I see the mini Kobold is now revealed to be a Groundbold, the way it says Kobold cracks me up, and we now see why Petey is Dead/Undead - though it'll be interesting to see if/how Jacque makes a return too, and poor Gary not getting any attention.

Keep up the funny work Rob. :)

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
Douglas is the Begger from episode 2.

Is Schmoopy going to do his grandmother? Call that episode the Grandmother Paradox =)

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
So thats how Petty came about...

What else have the heroes done in the past that effected the previous present episodes?

Gigawolf1

Jun 17, 2009
Ickabod said:

Is Schmoopy going to do his grandmother? Call that episode the Grandmother Paradox =)
You think he's going to do the nasty in the pasty?

The wizard is most likely a human (all the other characters being dwarves, Kobolds, the Arbiter, or non-humanoids). He will enlist the character's help in making the Nater (Nader?) gems, Douglas will become Timmy the Evil, and Schmoopy will become the Dragon Knight.

WarpGhost

Jan 5, 2009
I only just started weatching Unforgotten Realms again, because frankly Season 2 was pants. This season though is right back on form with Season 1 though! Keep up the good work.

hellheart

Jun 24, 2009
Str8up_wizard said:
omg i cant believe it friggin haguratedusesss no way theyre going there!!!!!!!!

how fucking far back did you send them back in time dude, and im so confused didnt the dragon warrior dude have kids after the natur gems were in existence. well if that was the case how is it that malstrome exists???? did he kill abraham limcoln and go the the time portal too?

and if so does this mean that the time period right now abraham lincoln is the grand sorcerer of harguarts.....

meaning that the first two seasons were shit tons in the future even tho it seemed fairly barbaric, kinda like how starwars is a long time ago but rlly futuristic and what not????

XPLANE!!!!
The Nador gems either weren't invented yet, or the name was later attached to something that was already ancient, either way i have no freakin clue

Also, it's possible that abraham lincoln may still be a student or something, wouldn't argue if he was the grand sorcerer though

One more thing that has been bugging me... I keep hearing mention of "classic" Unforgotten Realms, does anyone know where and if i can actually watch it?

DragonWright

May 25, 2009
Abedeus said:
DragonWright said:

Bzzt, wrong.

Same with Marclar. You think you understand Marclar, but you don't talk it if you don't know how to. You just say marclar marclar, without knowing what each marclar means.
Naw, Eluamous was faking his way through Kobold back in Episode 10.

WtfLobster

May 20, 2009
Will Schmoopy and Nailo get there old outfits back, as Schmoopy found them on his wolf body on the tower of wizardry [how ever you spell it], and i ponder what he is going to do with them? ;s

*cough* use this idea *cough*.. but keep there powers ;p, and emmm.. gary is stuck as the arbitier i guess, unless he pees himself into another black midget. :D

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
The Hogwarts joke was just... just.. too overplayed. Otherwise funny.

Hijuice

Jun 26, 2009
Str8up_wizard said:
One more thing that has been bugging me... I keep hearing mention of "classic" Unforgotten Realms, does anyone know where and if i can actually watch it?
It's on youtube or newsgrounds

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Hijuice said:
Str8up_wizard said:
It's on youtube or newsgrounds
or you know... www.urealms.com

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Shadowsin375 said:
Ice Rapture said:
Awsome episode.
possible final fantasy 4 reference

poor Ronald Penderson

and i think that schmoopy being responsible for petey proves that this was supposed to happen in time thereby proving that alternate timelines do not exist (in UR anyway... sorry Romain)
i agwee

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
DragonWright said:
Abedeus said:
DragonWright said:

Bzzt, wrong.

Naw, Eluamous was faking his way through Kobold back in Episode 10.
young marklar.... your marklars are wise

Greatjosh

May 21, 2009
Ickabod said:

that would be sick(and sick as in sick not good)

and douglas will grow up2 be james jigalow (which is the person rob is now)

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
HEY EVERYONE!! I GOT A COPY OF NEXT WEEKS SCRIPT!!!*Ppfft*(oww)
ok so kobold week kobold kobold kobold kobold, kobold kobold.
koboldkobold kobold KOBOLD!!!

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
Wait a second, if Nailo was the one who commited the third sin of the unforgotten, then why did schmoopy get a third mark?

Eluamous

Apr 9, 2009
so... he's not going to take them to the mountain of almost certain doom where he will sacrafice himself to turn schmoopy into the dragon warrior and tell Eluamous to scatter the remains of him (nater gems) across the unforgotten realms?

ReikoBaka

Sep 3, 2008
I'm in love with GroundBold now. He's just so.... Cute. Him and his lil flint-lock pistol. I opt for GroundBold to become a main character! >w<
Or, at the very least, a constant annoyance. He's just too damn cute to let go.

Also.... Hogwats.... Really?....REALLY?.... REALLY!?
Oh well, knowing him, it'll still be freakin' hilarious.

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
S-Unleashed said:
Skeleon said:
I wanna have a groundbold for a pet.
Me too. Great one Rob. Bring on the Harry Potter jokes. lol.
Do I sense a new plushie in The Escapist store? :)
That's right Rob, dooo eeeet!!!
Have it so when you squeeze it it says "groundbold!"

Jafe_45

Mar 28, 2009
It's a little wierd that Schmoopy isn't wearing his nunchucks or beard OR his helmet even though he found them in the wolf corpse anyway Great episode!

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Did anyone else notice that the King called his son Douglas, which is the name Schmoopy gave him instead of his real name?

mcmar

Jun 28, 2009
deligoth nater man i cant wait to see who he is...besides dumbledor of course...is that an anagram maybe or is he like the guy they gave the nater gem to man cant wait till the next one and seriously this is like the best on since...well i would say the first few which were hilarious! keep em coming and great soundtracks also
do you get paid for such awesomeness?

WiccaVamp

Jun 26, 2009
This series reminds me of gaming when I was younger Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon is totally something my friend would've called himself lol.

This episode was great, I like how they manage to mix stupidity and absolute brilliance together until it forms this likable unexpected ball of fun. Can't wait till the next episode.

SaiyanNinja

Jun 4, 2009
Ickabod's comment of the "Grandmother Paradox" makes sense because if you remember Timmy the Evil's plan to have Schmoopy kill his ancestor or he himself die that can be circumvented by him using one of the Nader gems to transport his spirit into his ancestor's body then continuing his family line that way (which would be strange but hey problem solved.) Also it would explain how Schmoopy has a new body in the intro.

By the way loved the episode. Great job as usual (at least in my opinion.)

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Loved the "I send you to get milk and you're gone for like twelve hours?!"
Brill episode

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Great episode Burt could somebody please tell me when schmoopy got the third sin mark? I know thefirst was the troll and Im pretty sure that the second was roamin "warping" to the tower of ultimate wizardry so when was the third? and also if the sins are cheats then Mike doesnt seem to be3 handing them out as he had justfied the dice as ot cheating at least to himself Im confused

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
Chipperz said:
So... Yeah. Does this mean that that Nador gems weren't created by Nador, they're just in a permanent temporal loop? Schmoopy takes them back to Nador, who claims he invented them, they are used as a macguffin for a few thousand years and then Schmoopy picks them up and takes them back to Nador, who claims he invented them... Etc?

Awesome, anyway :p
if u notice when Nador said "settle down mortals" when he cast flare at schmoopy. thereby leading to the assumption that this is a foreshadowing of Nador being immortal thereby making it possible for him to have both made the gems a thousand years before the current past they are in (when the dragon warrior first "destroyed" them) and still be alive

i think the Nador gems are going to come into existence because of Schmoopy getting the fourth sin of the unforgotten which somehow brings the Nador gems back into existence in the past (as the Dragon Warrior feared) and Timmy the Evil IS Douglas but doing this because Schmoopy gathered the Nador gems in the past and Timmy the Evil was Instrumental in gettng him sent there not because he is actually evil.

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
If you watched the calssic unforgotten realms episode 4 has an image og Deli Nador on a ship so thats probably why he looks like he was left over from classic UR

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
Kumomaru said:
Wait a second, if Nailo was the one who commited the third sin of the unforgotten, then why did schmoopy get a third mark?
No Eluamous has a mark on gis wrist remember guess schmoopy cheated after The roamin thing

Epic_Rocker

Mar 15, 2009
XD Hogwats? This was one of my favourites. I WANT A GROUNDBOLD. They're freaking awesome man.

Bloodclaw95

Jul 2, 2009
Amazing as always, i had a question tho, where would one find a place to DL ur season 3 themesong??

Drakmeire

Jul 5, 2020
Country
United States
huh? Am I the only one who thinks its odd that douglas's father calls him douglas when earlier in episode 31 he said his name was "Ronald Pinderson". Oh well I guess you can;t bring logic into this show anyway. Still one of the best episodes yet. Goundbold!

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
petey hunter said:
Kumomaru said:
No Eluamous has a mark on gis wrist remember guess schmoopy cheated after The roamin thing
schmoopy did it twice, nailo did it once, but schmoopy still has a third mark.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
I hate you! Its the hate of love but I still hate you! Im goin to have to start writing this stuff down if I want to follow the plot!

-M

CPU3

Jul 25, 2008
What was that crap about the 'sins of the unforgotten'? Did I miss something?

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
CPU3 said:
thats what happens when you cheat.
also where does Rob get his music, I wich I had the music at the beginning with the piano , building tention.
Rob where do you get that music

CPU3

Jul 25, 2008
petey hunter said:
CPU3 said:
also where does Rob get his music, I wich I had the music at the beginning with the piano , building tention.
I didn't cheat, I've watched all the episodes since they've been on the Escapist.

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
CPU3 said:
petey hunter said:
CPU3 said:
I didn't cheat, I've watched all the episodes since they've been on the Escapist.
I don't mean You cheated, when a character in UFR cheats they commited a Sin of the Unforgotten, so schmoopy is in a bit of trouble

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
"Hey! I'm not a kid! I'll have you know I'm 29!"

"Only 29? Well in Dwarf years, you should dtill be sucking on your mother's teet."

Lol XD
I want an mp3 of the end theme *_*

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Did anyone notice that Deligoth Nador was from Rob's foreshadowing intro from the fourth classic episode?