Unforgotten Realms: Episode 42: Birthday Beatdowns

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Episode 42: Birthday Beatdowns

Our heroes continue their studies at Hogwats. This episode also features the winners of the Unforgotten Realms Trivia Challenge. Congratulations to iamnotincompliance, sune-ku, Undeadundertaker333, ninjablu, and stoid7!

Watch Video

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
FIRST!!
OT: *shoots self for saying that*
Wow, I don't even remember taking that quiz. I'll say a nice, stereotypical positive review. "I like it!

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Nice message to the fans there, Rob. Happy Birthday!
Didn't know you were a TF2 player.

Loved the episode, one of the better ones in a long time.

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
what a waste of an episode, i mean they have told us alot over the last few weeks, but i don't want to watch him play TF2.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
wow Team Fortress 2... how stereotypical for the Escapist community. no offence to anyone, but it seems like a lot of people here play this and swear by it or their Valve fanboys.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
How many achievements did he get in the last minute or so?

"2 more acheivements! I don't even know what they are for!"

00ZER00

Apr 17, 2009
HILARIOUS.

Even though there wasn't alot of Urealms on this one, watching you own at TF2 made me want to play the game again.

Happy bday Rob.

EpicPeanut

Jul 11, 2009
Wow, sorry but i absolutely despised this episode.

You know why? I want to watch Unforgotten Realms, not Team Fortress 2...

SuperMaster

Jul 16, 2009
damnit now i saw it!!!
i wasnt a winner! =(
oh well maybe another time
cant win every time and who would have though that timmy the "really nice guy" would be a teacher??
if i were schmoopy i would start by searching for traps!!!

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
TF2 part was the best part by far, if only because of the awesome commentary part. As was more nothing believers.

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
A beautiful way to spend a birthday; applauds to you. Its my husband's birthday as well; spending it with Prototype and cookie birthday cake. *cuts a slice for you*
Oh! So Timmy has 'the Blessing of the Valkyrie' This should be amusing.

Nator

Jul 24, 2009
damn. back in the house?

but nador didn't you say all the other belivers belived they where nothing?

nothin? *pwong* *pwong* *pwong* *pwong* *pwong*

oh just great elaminous!

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
How many achievements did he get in the last minute or so?

"2 more achievements! I don't even know what they are for!"
I think he got three achievements. He got two at once, and one more after a little bit of "house 'n blazing".

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
he need to kill a guy every 20 sec to beat the record. assuming he isnt gonna sleep at all on hes birthday.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
2 Achievements at once! That was an awesome episode, you gave us some information about the series and you gibbering about a load crap playing TF2.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Um yeah, er, right good episode I guess.

Sucks that Eluamous and Schmoopy have to deal with Timmy the Super Nice Guy all the time now.

Greatjosh

May 21, 2009
was it actually your birthday? if so happy birthday and lol at timmy his laugh just makes me laugh and FPS's ftw :p

JumpingGirraffe

Jun 18, 2009
Wow, that was a pretty good episode! I laughed so hard, but the team fortress 2 thing got old after a bit, Happy Birthday Non the less! :D

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Wow, you were mopping up as a Heavy there. But don't forget to give credit to your medic for your awesomeness, too!

Hm. Now I feel the urge to play some TF2. How odd.

Captain Lag

Jun 29, 2009
I thought I ran into a guy on TF2 that sounded like you do. I know now that it could have been you.

Terrortree

Mar 12, 2009
Happy Birthday, w00t TF2 kicks @$$!!!

YEAH 2 MORE ACHIEVEMENTS I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEIR FOR!!!!
I love it, one of my favorite episodes to date... probably number 5

NiceGurl_14

Aug 14, 2008
Good episode I guess, I'm not much of a FPS player but good job. And happy birthday. How many kills did rob get by the end of the day?

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
The house is our home and stay in the house, OOOHHHH SPY!!!!!!!!!!!

LoLz thats all there is to say.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Happy Birthday.

Way too much TF2, there shouldn't have been more then a minute or two at most.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Pfft.

I don't like FPSs, and never played a PC game. Why do I want to now play TF2?

magicdemon71

May 22, 2009
Happy birthday Rob !!!
it's cool that you take a week off for your Bday.
but hoping that next episode will be epic as always

oo I forgot I must stay at the house.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
The episode itself was rather "bleh" and almost certainly a phone-in.
On the other hand, I was cameo'd so I dunno if I should complain.
And now I want team Fortress 2 even more.

EDIT: and if it the man's birthday... well then kick ass and take names.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
yaaay happy birthday i havent watched yet but it was awesome yaay go team go lol just watched great episode get back in the house back in the house DIIIIEEE back in the house screw the fans back in the house

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Happy b-day and back in the house XD
I thought that Duglas will be Timmy the Ev... Super Nice Guy.

benaka

Apr 23, 2009
Happy Bday Rob ,good you took a week off.
Well no offense but i understand why the episode is 10 minutes long >.>.

A few words: PUNCH AT THE WALL!!!!!!!

Redlionlll

Jul 16, 2009
Ha ha i loved this episode and if today is really your birthday then happy birthday, and man you own at TF2.

Tomarrow is my birthday.

Vesskel

Aug 7, 2009
this was going to be the high-light of my birthday, but it sucked. happy B-day tho.

lightspeed

Apr 16, 2009
first of all... HAPPYZ BIRTHDAY ROB!
second of all... you whiney fans shut your gobs you ingrateful whiney bitches, its his birthday and it was funny plus you suck donkey dick!... im probly gonna get banned for this... Yay?

... return of the uuuunnnnniiicorn power intro oh how i'ved missed thee xD

master m99

Jan 19, 2009
happy birthday =) nice way of giving us fans the finger lol weirdly enough i really enjoyed that episode.

DerGermanGuy

Jul 10, 2008
It's was different to the other episodes.... but it was freaking awesome!!!11 commenting games like this is just cool... Hopefully someone get's what I mean

hellheart

Jun 24, 2009
Haha, nice twist with the 5 contest winners/believers there, really didn't see that coming. Also, SHOCK!!, Timmy is now a regular character rather than just a once-in-while-evil-mastermind/10-year old. I guess this also means that Douglass doesn't grow up to be Timmy the "Super Nice Guy" after all... Unless Timmy(the new teacher one) is from the FUTURE AS WELL!!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!!!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
karodar said:
Oh. My. God. I must remember that house
dont, most players are smart enough to roll demo after they killed there twice.

ot: great episode, found it more amusing to watch some guy play tf2 than to listen to the endless plot twist.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
....Living proof that you dont need to post anything intelligent on the Escapist, just post 8minutes of someone playing a FPS and "ZOMGZ!, U LIEK TOTALYS ROCK WICKED AWESOME KILLS LOLOLOLOLOL!!"

Happy birthday rob....but please dont do that again >_<

supahhbad200

Jun 17, 2009
I bet im the only person who thought this episode was total WIN
i mean 5 or 4 achivments in one match
so many kills
so little deaths
but anyways happy birthday rob

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Happy Burthday Rob
Were you having a seizure while playing or on drugs or something?

TheCube

Apr 16, 2009
Don't get me wrong, tf2 is a great game. I play it all the time and I'm on a comp team too. The montage went on for a bit too long and only playing heavy was a bit lame...

the least you could have done is made an announcement that you were going to play on the steam group so i could play too D:

Gabriel Yz

Aug 13, 2009
You must've dominated the whole enemy team on that Tf2 game! I so want to add you to steam. unless it was on xbox360.. or. ps3..

Versago

May 28, 2009
I admire your blunt honesty in openly saying 'screw you' to work, enjoy your birthday.

It was a good ep too, i hope you got your kills - you wield a heavy well.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I really liked the episode. I'd love to see more episodes like this.
Happy Birthday!
"Backinthehouse, backinthehouse, backinthehouse."

mcmar

Jun 28, 2009
happy birthday Rob!
awesome episode and making timmy play unforgotten realms with them was hilarious as well as when the believers/fans believed in nothing
awesome commentary for the whole rest of the episode
cant wait for next week

Predlin

May 23, 2009
Watching this video i feel bad for the other team. If i was one of them i might have slowly developed counter strike syndrome. (screaming like a little girl while spewing out some choice words you made up on the spot.)

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
Worst episode yet. It started great and then divolved into watching TF2 with a not very funny commentary. Of course saying that this is the worst unforgotten realms isn't saying much, since it's still better than just about everything else on the web.

Happy birthday.

Doug Damage

Feb 4, 2009
THIS WAS FREAKING AWESOME. I was truly getting tired of the harry potter BS. Awesome Awesome Awesome!

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
I am amused by the hacker Pyro who ran through the walls of the house.

Then got pwned by Rob's chaingun. =D

Also that was surprisingly funny for having nothing to do with anything...

Banana Phone Man

May 19, 2009
back in the house, back in the house, back in the house, back in the house, now die die die die die. That was the funniest and now my favourite episode to date.

SaiyanNinja

Jun 4, 2009
Happy Birthday! Never get tired of the unicorn intro. I loved your reference to "Mojache the gnome princess."

Cortheya

Jan 10, 2009
Skizle said:
wow Team Fortress 2... how stereotypical for the Escapist community. no offence to anyone, but it seems like a lot of people here play this and swear by it or their Valve fanboys.
If you listened to the podcast he used to make before he made these for the escapist, he discussed how he played TF2

Lemur_Ninja

Aug 6, 2009
Hmm... Interesting. There is only one question left: did you beat last year's number of kills?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well I think were allowed to say it without persecution. You are clinically insane. Keep it up and you might get set to an Asylum! There's something to work for!

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Ok, that was ridiculous, but fun.

Hey, did he get to kill 4759 people on the internets?!

Happy b-day Rob

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
In terms of episode length, the TF2 was a bonus and since it really IS my birthday today and that was indeed filmed at 3 in the morning today I'm not sure what I can say to those who didn't like it.

Just trying something fun, cry me a river.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
TheCube said:
Don't get me wrong, tf2 is a great game. I play it all the time and I'm on a comp team too. The montage went on for a bit too long and only playing heavy was a bit lame...

the least you could have done is made an announcement that you were going to play on the steam group so i could play too D:
There was an announcement.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Best episode ever.
Rob needs to start a spin-off series that's just him playing TF2.
I'd watch it...

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Best episode evarrrr (nah... not really still good though)

Happy Birthday and I'm super happy that the old intro is back (for good I hope) XP

xssj22trunks

Aug 14, 2009
Happy bday rob!

this episode was ok, but i thought there was gonna be more urealms in it,oh well theres still next episode

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Remind me not get betwwen this guy and his TF2. Seriously, you sound like the guy with strait jacket in the padded cell.

fishbeinb

Jun 13, 2009
Happy birthday!

I can't believe it 10 minutes of pure comedy (and 12 secconds of plot with Timmy), which is exactly what some people asked for and some are still upset.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Fun stuff. Felicem Diem Natalae, Rob! Personally, I like to see a nice fuck you to us fans every once in awhile. Makes me laugh.

"I just got two achievements at once! I don't even know what they're for!"

Score!

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
I like the attitude, "screw work" and just play the game. I would hate if people constantly were demanding and whining and all that. Just push forwards. If you're happy and confident in yourself, eventually people will pick up on it. People of high awesomeness should consider whiners to be a side show, one which exists so they can train to become even better. A punching bag to strengthen your fists and arms, one might say. Just don't spend to much time on the same bag.

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
Happy B Day if it's for real! And even though I was like aww I wanted to see more U.R., go Rob, get busy, it's your birthday!

And I will forgive you if you add me on Steam so I can pwnzor with you :)

(Send me a PM and I'll trade ya invites, seriously!)

Angelol

Jul 28, 2009
Hahahaha, my birthday was just YESTERDAY and I had a killing spree on Counter Strike. Loved the episode and Happy b-day...if it seriously is your b-day

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
This was an awesome episode, and damn do I wish I could kick ass like that!
Happy Birthday!

ddunit

Aug 14, 2009
Damnit guys, stop whining about the TF2, that was actually very nice voice acting.

Talonhand

Jun 13, 2009
Awesome episode! Did not know you was a TF2 player. So, yeah, it was a little different, but, as stated, It's his damn b-day, shut up and let him do what he wants. Anyways, epic ownage, hope you beat teh record.

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
Samsont said:
Hey dude I play Team fortress 2 also! But why did you choose heavy? the heavy is for noobs. no offense.
I think everyone plays TF2. Anyway, if you needed to get more than 4700 kills in a day, which class would you pic? I barely play heavy, but the first time I did I got six kills in one life.

Jun 24, 2009
Pretty fun, but why did you have to make such a large chuck TF2? It was a good episode, I just would've liked to see more, well, episode.

Kyp

Feb 13, 2009
"God Damnit Eluamous" Hilarious!

And the commentary on the TF2 funny as hell.

I enjoyed this episode a lot haha

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
Wow, Rob is a really good Heavy.

He even got "Heavy Industry" by accident.

But,you could have made the TF2 frag movie a wee bit shorter, and the actually episode a wee bit longer.

And if you really need to kill thousands of people, play an Rts

Generator

May 8, 2009
You're a very annoying FPS player... just like everyone else. Anyways, Happy Birthday!

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
*blinks*

Well, that was an interesting turn of events. Timmy the EvilSuper Nice Guy becoming the Defense against the Dark Arts instructor, Timmy officially joining the game, Rob taking a well earned day off, myself and four others also becoming Defense against the Dark Arts instructors before believing ourselves out of existence, a Team Fortress 2 montage...

Overall, I like it. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good game montage.

And, of course, happy birthday.

Darkfreak

Aug 14, 2009
Hey everybody, first time on escapist as a member! I made this acount just to say this...
WTF!
I watch urealms not TF2! I mean I don't care how the nader gems work or what their perpose is... I want to laugh. Frankly I haven't laughed since Hogwats started. Ya I get the jokes but they aren't funny, all they do is talk and they haven't foughts a real fight in 7 episodes! I still love urealms but next time Rob gives me the invisible fan finger of hate (IDC if its his _____in Bday!) I'm goana think twice. The beggining of the episode was nice, it had that old Urealms sort of roughness and comedy about it, try and bring that back.

Still a fan, Darkfreak (Happy Bday)

manedwolf86

Jul 29, 2009
It was pretty funny, but it was more like an unskippable episode than an U.R. one. but I still got a kick out of it. Two thumbs up for awesome!

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Was expecting TF2, but it was still hilarious. Thanks for not just taking the day off and instead giving us this funny video. Who was that medic?
Anyone else this it's kind of strange that despite most of the episode being TF2 there is still high traffic to this episodes forum topic?

Mar 16, 2009
We jut watched him shout "get back in the house" for like three minutes.
I know the whole edgy, "screw the fans," biting the hand that feeds bit might not get old for you, but it's really predictable, and boring. If you want to play TF2 instead of make an episode, go ahead... but something like this is better suited for Youtube.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Nice action on TF2, made me lol.
Always nice to know that the Harry Potter intro parody is done with. I missed the Season 3 intro for a while.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Wow, this episode was pretty shite. Oh well, there's always AL, DA and ZP to look forward to.

It's a pity UR has hit a downhill.

cavsfan69

Jul 8, 2009
I loved your commentary on TF2. I got rid of my PC and was gonna get it for ps3, but are there anyone on those servers? I need an answer!

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
If I was paying for this I would be pissed, but since I'm not. What can I do? Oh, that's right, I could boycott the Escapist. Well, I could but a one man boycott's not going to do anything.

So, what I am going to do is decide that I really don't care that much that this episode was so bad and just come back next week. I readily admit that I didn't actually watch the entire video, I got bored about 20 seconds in to the TF2.

Prexus

Jan 6, 2009
Is there a way to get a HQ copy of this video? I happened to catch that I am on Rob's team when he is "in the house", under the steamname Fiddie. I ran past him twice as a scout.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Skizle said:
or stereotypical for PC gamers in general. It is possible that a lot of people here play this and swear by it, not because they are fanboys, but because it is freaking awesome just like this weeks episode of Urealms.

Eadoin

Aug 27, 2008
AstorSapolsky said:
I know the whole edgy, "screw the fans," biting the hand that feeds bit might not get old for you, but it's really predictable, and boring.
If you ever followed Rob back when UR realms was in the 'original series' and he had his side projects that dabbled into WoW Machinima (Jimmy, Time Gnomes) you'd understand where he's coming from. He almost got completely burnt out to the point the internet almost lost him. So let him bite the hand that feeds, the hand is retarded anyways.

JugglerPanda

Apr 23, 2009
Eadoin said:
AstorSapolsky said:
I know the whole edgy, "screw the fans," biting the hand that feeds bit might not get old for you, but it's really predictable, and boring.
If you ever followed Rob back when UR realms was in the 'original series' and he had his side projects that dabbled into WoW Machinima (Jimmy, Time Gnomes) you'd understand where he's coming from. He almost got completely burnt out to the point the internet almost lost him. So let him bite the hand that feeds, the hand is retarded anyways.
He has a video on his youtube account where he answers two pages of questions. It's pretty funny, and makes you realize why he's doing this.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
I'm curious if that was an actually vid of him playing... or if it was something pulled off of youtube.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I get the feeling this was made just for shits and giggles. I hope so, the idea of timmy playing alongside the others doesn't sit well with me.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
That TF2 part went on a bit too long but was still funny. "Punching the wall, punching the wall, ha I made a penis!" It's good that although this episode was severely lacking, it was filled with 5 minutes of stupid TF2 commentary to keep us entertained. Rob could've just not made an episode at all this week so I appreciate the effort and happy birthday to him.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Seriously, this was hilarious. I watched the TF2 part twice. Happy bday Rob :)

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Awful.

By the way, ripping on the fans is funny at first but loses it's appeal when you use it in every second episode.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
strange, that exactly what goes through my head when im playing TF2...normally when im playing heavy too

lightspeed

Apr 16, 2009
Darkfreak said:
Hey everybody, first time on escapist as a member! I made this acount just to say this...
WTF!
I watch urealms not TF2! I mean I don't care how the nader gems work or what their perpose is... I want to laugh. Frankly I haven't laughed since Hogwats started. Ya I get the jokes but they aren't funny, all they do is talk and they haven't foughts a real fight in 7 episodes! I still love urealms but next time Rob gives me the invisible fan finger of hate (IDC if its his _____in Bday!) I'm goana think twice. The beggining of the episode was nice, it had that old Urealms sort of roughness and comedy about it, try and bring that back.

Still a fan, Darkfreak (Happy Bday)

you made an acount just so you can ***** and moan? lol i mean common don't you have things better to do :p

i can't beleve people are still posting bout their dissatisfaction... i thought you would have relised that rob does not give a flying fuck wheter it did not meet your standards! FFS why do you act like your the ones who are suffering. Your not paying rob to do this so your opinion matter as much as horse shit. All of you whiney bastards do your self a favour and break your fingers so you cannot type your tripe on the forums anymore!

MattKirby

Aug 6, 2008
That was HILARIOUS ! I didn't expect this and then "Punchin the wall, Punchin the wall, Ha I made a penis" CLASSIC !

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
urgh... too much TF2...

happy bday rob, if its legitamately your birthday. im just hoping thats not how you talk on vent if u use vent for TF2...

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Kiroshimatsu said:
I'm curious if that was an actually vid of him playing... or if it was something pulled off of youtube.
he sadi he was called Mojache the moon princess, and on youtube his WoW video main charecter is named mojache.

WumbaGompMan

Jun 23, 2009
BACK IN THE HOUSE! BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!!! lol im guessing this one was just supposed to be lulzy?

King O' Da Bees

Aug 14, 2009
Man I was not expecting the TF 2 part of this at all, I loved this episode! Definitely my favorite part was with the contest winners being Believers, and they become nothing. Definitely LOL'd

Masika

Feb 16, 2009
Happy Birthday! Hope ya had fun! It was pretty awesome, atleast to me, 'cause yesterday was my birthday too. Anyway, have a good year!!

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
DUUUDDDEEE! That's awesome! I'm a defense against the dark arts teacher! **does a dance** Oh damn, I didn't believe in myself. Haha, either way I was in an episode, go me!

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
great episode, though i hope the punching the wall wasnt until after u got the kills...
also a late happy birthday to u and apparently half the ppl posting comments

ProjectJAY

Apr 13, 2009
this episode bit. no-one wants to watch the worlds biggest egotist play Team Fortress 2

Celynn

Jul 10, 2008
ProjectJAY said:
this episode bit. no-one wants to watch the worlds biggest egotist play Team Fortress 2
That's what makes it amusing, his giant ego. I for one really enjoyed the episode. Don't speak for me!

Aramax

Sep 27, 2007
I got mixed feelings about this episode... really random if you ask me.

Just make sure never to do that again. It gets old real fast.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Rob likes MTG? lol he is classified as an even large geek then Mike. still, MTG owns and can be used to shortcut alot of the writing required for a D&D campain

Mclovin007

Aug 14, 2009
I did not like birthday beatdown. U r a bad man u made may cry. More importantely i find te way u go aboot makin episodes rather shallow and pedantic. Yes i made a famamily guy quote. wat ya gonna do. bak to my original point i am sad. as u may have gathered i am speaking sarcastically i trully have nothing bad te say aboot ur show. I WILL STRIKE U DOWN MORTAL WITH THE POWER OF THE GODS THEMSELVES!!! I'ma firing ma lazer BLAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Drakmeire

Jul 5, 2020
Country
United States
Happy birthday Rob!
KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!! backinthehouse backinthehouse.

Lamech777

May 28, 2009
Wow you really need to play more TF2, best voice over ever! Hope to see you in game sometime.

Resistance205

Jun 3, 2008
What the hell!? Haha, my bet is he just completely ran out of idea's, all the same, I still loved it!

The episode had some good quotes in it to..Mostly involving fire and "the house"

Oh, and Happy Birthday Rob, hope you had a great day!

tirone231

Jul 11, 2009
I enjoyed this episode, though it did feel like the next story episode wasn't finished yet, so you were buying time with this. Personally, I don't think the Hogwats episodes have been as funny, so it was great to see this. While it may have seemed pointless, the TF2 portion eventually became funny, just because of how long he was trying to keep the joke going. Good show!

toasterslayer

Dec 24, 2008
How can u critisize this? its his birthday! be grateful you got an episode!

"back in the house" :D

(lighten up escapist)

Ryalan

May 25, 2005
It seems that people either love this episode or hate it. I thought it was okay at first. Seeing later that it was actually posted on his birthday and got this much discussion I think its a pretty solid addition. Looking forward to the next episode.

herio

May 20, 2009
im normly on you side when you take ages to update stop at relay annoying spots the pot that goes nowhere fast extra BUT THAT WAS SUCH A DICK MOVE

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Haha, I had a good laugh of this episode. Though the FPS bit was a touch long, I think it will be pretty sweet to have Timmy playing with them.

Happy birfday!

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
Haha, my favourite part of this thread is where people get REALLY cross about how long the TF2 bit is, when they could've clearly just clicked off the video or skipped ahead.

Classy move Rob, you show those fans who's boss.

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
if you didn't want to make an unforgotten realms episode for this week because it was your birthday, then fine.

I just don't see the point in putting this instead

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
He broke the commandments of the flag!
THOU SHALL NOT SPAWN CAMP!
He will be thrown into the rumble pits and forsaken!

I just have to remind people that this is a free service and hence we are NOT the boss of the author. Meaning he can and should do whatever the hell he damn likes with his own shorts! If he wants to put TF2 clips into the short instead of focusing on the story line then by all means, he should feel free to do so. If you don't like it you can go sit in a virtual corner and whine.

But spawn camping... cheap, so very cheap.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Happy Belated Birthday Rob! XD sorry I didn't get the chance to watch it until now.

Did you beat your record? You never told us. :O

T3H-F1GM3NT

Aug 6, 2009
I have mixed feelings about this episode. Glad that the stale Hogwats story arc didn't last too long this episode (and all that was shown was actually funny :p), but at the same time hated that the actual UR part of the show wasn't that long. The TF2 montage was pretty funny at times but felt like a roller coaster ride: going from funny to boring for lasting too long then back to funny again, and I'll admit by the end I was still laughing so that's good (Back in the house! XD). Never actually played TF2 myself so *shrug*. Overall, I say the episode was ok. There's been far worse episodes at least :S

And belated birthday Rob!

djdarck

Jun 13, 2009
shittest episode ever i mean like wtf does tf2 have 2 do with unforgotten realms o n happy birthday douchebag

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
You can hear traces of Rob's voice from the old flash vids while he plays TF2

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Oh sweet Gods, what madness is this! Timmy the Good is now the deference against the dark arts teacher!?!

-M

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Considering it seemed more like a TF2 montage than an unforgotten realms episode, I must say I enjoyed it... anyways... Gotta get back in the house. =P

Sieni

Aug 8, 2009
Great episode, I think I saw you in TF2.

Back in the house, Back in the house...

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
...hmm.

i actually quite liked that episode. you may not have made it solely unforgotten realms, but you made the team fortress 2 clips quite funny with the voice-over.

also, timmy is playing now... interesting.

Mar 16, 2009
Eadoin said:
AstorSapolsky said:
I did watch it back in its original, poorly designed form. It had a different sort of charm. Never saw the Machinima, though.
He can bite the hand all he wants, but I know there is a hilarious guy in there that is funnier than shouting in character voices to TF2.

zagazsano

Mar 19, 2009
OMG what's your Steam ID? Or was it Xbox? Uh if it's Xbox never mind. :) Great Episode though

djdarck

Jun 13, 2009
shiittteest eppisode ever wtf does tf2 have to do with it fkn waste of life u retard o and happy birthday douchebag

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Ugh. If I wanted to see TF2... I would just play it, you know. Without people shouting "punching the wall, punching the wall". I skipped the whole gameplay part ;d

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Usually I prefer not to comment in these things, but today I'll make an exception to say this:

Don't worry, Rob, I symphasize with you. I mean, if all your fans, which I do not count myself among, knew how hard it was to have to do something they enjoy for money they would quickly learn to stop whining about your slipping work, how dare they expect you to take all the effort to type out a message saying you'll be taking a break to freshen your ideas or escape your scheduele for a week or so when a man as busy as you are must have other things to do, like playing Team Fortress 2 while yelling nonsensically into a microphone.

I'm sure if any of your fans read this, they'll feel ashamed for taking up your time with constant demands for quality.

SchmoopySir18

Feb 20, 2009
how could you waste half an episode playing a VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BIGGEST LET DOWN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazooie

Jul 25, 2009
you fanboys are never fucking happy, stfu and watch, urealms is a great series. i laugh everytime i watch.

MeSomeGuy

Aug 10, 2009
Happy Birthday!!!:)

btw HOW DID YOU GET SO FRICKEN GOOD AT TF2!!! Thats one of the best Heavy runs Iv'e seen

Deadpool062

Jul 9, 2008
SchmoopySir18 said:
how could you waste half an episode playing a VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BIGGEST LET DOWN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
moo sir, moo i think that you should go try and animate 8 minute episodes every week, especially one on your birthday so...poop garr

SuperMaster

Jul 16, 2009
kozmo said:
if you didn't want to make an unforgotten realms episode for this week because it was your birthday, then fine.

I just don't see the point in putting this instead
he did it because he could, it was free ( i think), he wanted to and he said a lot of things like:
screw the fans wich means screw the fans i really dont care about their whining.
he also "updated" urealms.
and he also showed a freakin funny episode that was what a lot of people was asking for.

SuperMaster

Jul 16, 2009
Abedeus said:
Ugh. If I wanted to see TF2... I would just play it, you know. Without people shouting "punching the wall, punching the wall". I skipped the whole gameplay part ;d
and that is why you missed all the fun

Sneakers

Jul 10, 2008
"Punching the wall, punching the wall"

Got a kick of that part, just thought it was a strange episode....just strange..

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Rob.