Unforgotten Realms: Episode 42: Birthday Beatdowns

manedwolf86

Jul 29, 2009
It was pretty funny, but it was more like an unskippable episode than an U.R. one. but I still got a kick out of it. Two thumbs up for awesome!

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Was expecting TF2, but it was still hilarious. Thanks for not just taking the day off and instead giving us this funny video. Who was that medic?
Anyone else this it's kind of strange that despite most of the episode being TF2 there is still high traffic to this episodes forum topic?

Mar 16, 2009
We jut watched him shout "get back in the house" for like three minutes.
I know the whole edgy, "screw the fans," biting the hand that feeds bit might not get old for you, but it's really predictable, and boring. If you want to play TF2 instead of make an episode, go ahead... but something like this is better suited for Youtube.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Nice action on TF2, made me lol.
Always nice to know that the Harry Potter intro parody is done with. I missed the Season 3 intro for a while.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Wow, this episode was pretty shite. Oh well, there's always AL, DA and ZP to look forward to.

It's a pity UR has hit a downhill.

cavsfan69

Jul 8, 2009
I loved your commentary on TF2. I got rid of my PC and was gonna get it for ps3, but are there anyone on those servers? I need an answer!

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
If I was paying for this I would be pissed, but since I'm not. What can I do? Oh, that's right, I could boycott the Escapist. Well, I could but a one man boycott's not going to do anything.

So, what I am going to do is decide that I really don't care that much that this episode was so bad and just come back next week. I readily admit that I didn't actually watch the entire video, I got bored about 20 seconds in to the TF2.

Prexus

Jan 6, 2009
Is there a way to get a HQ copy of this video? I happened to catch that I am on Rob's team when he is "in the house", under the steamname Fiddie. I ran past him twice as a scout.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Skizle said:
wow Team Fortress 2... how stereotypical for the Escapist community. no offence to anyone, but it seems like a lot of people here play this and swear by it or their Valve fanboys.
or stereotypical for PC gamers in general. It is possible that a lot of people here play this and swear by it, not because they are fanboys, but because it is freaking awesome just like this weeks episode of Urealms.

Eadoin

Aug 27, 2008
AstorSapolsky said:
I know the whole edgy, "screw the fans," biting the hand that feeds bit might not get old for you, but it's really predictable, and boring.
If you ever followed Rob back when UR realms was in the 'original series' and he had his side projects that dabbled into WoW Machinima (Jimmy, Time Gnomes) you'd understand where he's coming from. He almost got completely burnt out to the point the internet almost lost him. So let him bite the hand that feeds, the hand is retarded anyways.

JugglerPanda

Apr 23, 2009
Eadoin said:
AstorSapolsky said:
I know the whole edgy, "screw the fans," biting the hand that feeds bit might not get old for you, but it's really predictable, and boring.
If you ever followed Rob back when UR realms was in the 'original series' and he had his side projects that dabbled into WoW Machinima (Jimmy, Time Gnomes) you'd understand where he's coming from. He almost got completely burnt out to the point the internet almost lost him. So let him bite the hand that feeds, the hand is retarded anyways.
He has a video on his youtube account where he answers two pages of questions. It's pretty funny, and makes you realize why he's doing this.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
I'm curious if that was an actually vid of him playing... or if it was something pulled off of youtube.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I get the feeling this was made just for shits and giggles. I hope so, the idea of timmy playing alongside the others doesn't sit well with me.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
That TF2 part went on a bit too long but was still funny. "Punching the wall, punching the wall, ha I made a penis!" It's good that although this episode was severely lacking, it was filled with 5 minutes of stupid TF2 commentary to keep us entertained. Rob could've just not made an episode at all this week so I appreciate the effort and happy birthday to him.