Unforgotten Realms: Episode 45: Giddy Up

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Episode 45: Giddy Up

This week our adventurers procure some epic steeds...or do they?

Watch Video

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
That was cetaintly something I guess. Still, do they plan to get to Moonwell Pass through the town of Hughe? Or however you spell it?

The old man was hi-larious though, thats certainlty how I would want to die.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Better than last week's fortnight's episode but still a bit lacking. The finale better be damn epic. Is there a reason the episodes are taking twice as long to come out now? If you can give me a good reason then I'll quit bitching but right now it feels like this show is starting to lose its touch.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
hahaha Excellent Kanye West/Taylor Swift referance, You heard that afterwards in an interview, the President of the USA actually called him a jackass for everyone to here?

Good episode dude, now that Gaary's back they're getting good again.

iseestupid

Feb 25, 2009
2 weeks for each episode and they're still only 5~6 minutes? There better be something epic coming soon. *angrily shakes fist*
Anyway, good work on this one, I had a few chuckles.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Kanye just got fucking owned at the end. That was was epic .

T3H-F1GM3NT

Aug 6, 2009
LOL. Gary's "Kanye" joke at the end might just make up for the two weeks Rob has missed this past month...

Note how I say "might" though. Mentioning Roamin again pushed it a little more, but still not enough to make up for it :S

Yeah, I'm hoping for a regular update next week and hopefully an epic finale. Still a good ep though. Just took to long to get here :S

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
im pretty sure hes gone to a biweekly update, so alot of you may stop the complains and getting worked up over it every other week, kinda boring episode though.

but yer the kanye reference did made me crack a smile.

magicdemon71

May 22, 2009
really nice episode rob
np that we had to wait 2 weeks for that.

and only 5 episode left until season final :O

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
i wasnt laughing for awhile but then you put schmoopy on a pig :). and the vma awards reference was pretty good.

Vimbert

Aug 15, 2009
I'm glad that this signifies an end to the very tiresome Harry Potter spoof-ish episodes (though the last one with Timmy was GENIUS). I'm confident your writing will bring the series to an interesting place again.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
It started off and I was thinking, "Wow, Rob might be out of material."

But by the end I was laughing pretty good. And the Kanye bit was icing on the cake.

Nice work Rob, thanks for the 5 minutes of joy you have added to my day.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
are we back to every 2 weeks now? or is the show just being slow because of school or something, also great ending lol

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Sethstorm said:
are we back to every 2 weeks now? or is the show just being slow because of school or something, also great ending lol
School? I think Rob's out of school.

Greatjosh

May 21, 2009
is it going to be every2 weeks from now on =\? and i bet the guy on the phone was roamin, workin as a paladin trying to hunt down the gang :p

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
Please decrease the current event reference to other joke ratio for us out of touch people. I thought that they wear still under the effects of the spell that stopped them from aging and getting experience points. The old man saying that he will "die in a tub of strippers" and Shmoopy on the pig wear hilarious.

Spamcar

Jun 11, 2009
That was pure awesomeness! I really loved the Kanye reference at the end :D I actually like everyone who makes fun of him...

person427

May 28, 2009
Great episode, but what's Kanye?
Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up. It would have been funnier if I saw the original first :(

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Two week episodes again?

AWESOME. Doomsday Arcade and this to look forward to. Nice.

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
Greatjosh said:
is it going to be every2 weeks from now on =\? and i bet the guy on the phone was roamin, workin as a paladin trying to hunt down the gang :p
yes we are back to every 2 weeks though rob did not say until when, he did say that it could be through the end of the season. to be as acurate as possible about that:

SirSchmoopy said:
Sylfar said:
Darzen said:
I think Rob said on the Unforgotten Realms forum that Escapist accidentally uploaded an episode of Apocalypse Lane in place of Unforgotten Realms. So this was probably last weeks episode, and either it'll all get sorted out or we'll just be a week behind and it's no big deal.
Again, false info is false. Stop posting things for other people read as fact. All you guys need to know is the rate at which episodes are released is not 100% controlled by me or The Escapist and complaining here on the forums does nothing but hurt my tongue more. Episodes at this time are currently only being released every other week which will most likely last till the rest of the season which is 8 to 10 more episodes or so and sadly there is nothing that can currently be done about it. Stop hating and just enjoy.

Metric Monkey

Jun 5, 2009
Wait. Didn't they learn teleport spells in Hogwats?
What's stopping them from teleporting to the place?

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Ending was super weak, it would have been funny if the joke wasn't run into the ground by the internet already.

Aug 30, 2009
LMAO nice episode worth the wait. I almost cried of laughter at the part where schmoopy was on the pig and at the part where they showed us what the filler episodes would be like

person427

May 28, 2009
Metric Monkey said:
Gaary and Peaty can't teleport and they didn't learn mass teleport spells.

Aug 30, 2009
Metric Monkey said:
you need to be atleast lvl 2 in the game to teleport but since they took those bodies they're stuck at lvl 1

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
i liked the mobile phone...
i gather from the comments that theres more to the gaary thing then at face value, but he always hated roamin...

Killerkittenprr

May 15, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
Better than last week's fortnight's episode but still a bit lacking. The finale better be damn epic. Is there a reason the episodes are taking twice as long to come out now? If you can give me a good reason then I'll quit bitching but right now it feels like this show is starting to lose its touch.
This show doesn't cater solely to you. I don't know if complaining is going to do anything but waste space and time.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
This was a nice episode. Good ammount of laughs from the weird horse owner to the piggy back ride!

Best part: "Schmoopy, unless you wanna do a dozen filler episodes of us walking to the town" *random happy walking to the town* - This was just awesome.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
nice episode dude.keep current event joke to a minimum and as sutle as possible.more of jokes like before season 2 and this series will go great for now on

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
head em off at the pass, they must have the worst skill sets ever stuck at level one whats that a max 4 diplomacy (without modifiers)

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
iseestupid said:
2 weeks for each episode and they're still only 5~6 minutes? There better be something epic coming soon. *angrily shakes fist*
Anyway, good work on this one, I had a few chuckles.
That one was closer to eight minutes, actually.

Fav part:

*record scratch* 2000 gold a pop.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Where does an Epic Steed wrangler get a cell phone?

I guess he had to say "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon" lots of time to get one.

TheWorldinater

Sep 6, 2009
Haha Nice job... just fantastic
Schmoopy on the pig...hilarious...
When they get to Heugh imma bet Schmoop's gonna be gettin some bacon :D

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Nice stab at Kanye West. This is the funniest episode I've seen since Lemon Grenades.
Is ROb going back to fortnight updates?

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
Ah, Roamin the Paladin. Gone, but never forgotten.
Quite a good episode. I think the short length is appropriate. What's the alternative; knock on the blacksmith door then duhduhDUUUUUH? Naaa, it was fine.
But I must admit that I am uncertain to why the biweekly releasing. O well, none of my business. And good things come to those who wait, after all.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Alright! great episode. It's the first good episode in a while, keep up the good work.

The Arbedooor

Feb 8, 2009
"Yo, announcer.
I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish,
but Roamin the paladin was one of the greatest
heroes of all time.....Peace...."
"Umm....ok....." ROFL

S-Unleashed

May 14, 2009
Thunderclaw said:
You have to love the stance Petey had on the horse. She looked so knightly and chivalrous.
She could get a mini sword and sheild from the blacksmith.

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Couple of points first however Loved IT!!!
Ok now for the questions

Question 1 at around 5:06 nailo says the old guy only had 5 horses so who had the fifth horse?
I mean here was gaary nailo jaque and elizabeth so why couldnt schmoopy ride the fifth horsey?

Question 2 Not even going to ask who kanya is sounds like one of those pop culture references that I don't get but even if it is a reference to something this guy said I thought Gaary hated roamin and only followed hijm because he liked pissing on people's parades?

I know these are only minor little piddling points but I would love an answer

c'mon c'mon c'mooooon

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
Okay, here goes...

Rob, I don't mean to offend, but would it be possible to make these longer? I'm not going to try to pretend to understand why this is, but since they're only coming out every second thursday, it would be roughly the same workload, and twice as worthwhile for the waiting...right?

Still, it was a great episode, and I thought it was still worth the longer wait. The Kanye stuff is still pretty funny. Can't wait to see where you take the storyline.

Ocelano said:
Question 1 at around 5:06 nailo says the old guy only had 5 horses so who had the fifth horse?
I mean here was gaary nailo jaque and elizabeth so why couldnt schmoopy ride the fifth horsey?

Question 2 Not even going to ask who kanya is sounds like one of those pop culture references that I don't get but even if it is a reference to something this guy said I thought Gaary hated roamin and only followed hijm because he liked pissing on people's parades?
1) Douglas.
2) Kanye West? The VMAs? It's all over the internet. Take a look.

DragonWright

May 25, 2009
The pig could've been funnier if it wasn't spoiled on the Escapist's front page.

The whole point of getting steeds was to hasten their journey. How much faster is it to ride a pig?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I'm glad Obama called Kanye a jackass. When you get burnt by the most powerful man on Earth, that's as epic as burns get!! What Kanye did however was an Epic Fail!

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
You know, Petey and Jacque really aren't as large as humanoids; they could have shared a horse.
Brilliant episode once again. Excuse me as I slap a "FAIL" sticker on Kanye's forehead.

Woem

May 28, 2009
ccdistancerunner said:
That was great when he was saying about Petey and Jacques needing their own horses. I was cracking up.
Yeah me too. I was expecting them to need two horses, and then poor Shmoopy ended up with a pig.

And really, the Kanye West meme was superb!

daniel121

May 22, 2009
why do i get the feeling that this is gonna lead to some real dumb way for roamin coming back cause he wasnt ever dead he was frozen by the vampire dude

also gaary does hate roamin its either an obvious hit that gaary isnt gaary or its a way of saying by the way im gonna bring roamin back cause he was [email protected]#ing awesome

daniel121

May 22, 2009
other then that awesome episode rob as usual only compaint is that considering its every 2 weeks one would hope for a longer episode however what evers happening that makes it every 2 weeks is most likly out of your control

Woem

May 28, 2009
There, a new avatar for me. Someone had to do it.
[HEADING=3]Giddy Up[/HEADING]

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I have just caught up with the series (like seen one season a day) and I really love it. Though I hope it won't be two weeks between the episodes.

hauk93

Aug 28, 2009
I know its kinda knitpicking, but cant nailo actually cast a spell called "ghost mount"? He casts it in the classic episodes and it stands on his new character sheet. PS that time him AND Jaque was on the same mount=P exept for that very nice episode. keep it up Robert!=D

Twini

Jun 11, 2009
i think it's time to cut the episode length to half again for the sake of weekly update.
then cut ½ minutes and you can post new episode every day with nothing but intro and outro in them.

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Yo, Rob, I'm really happy for you and I'm gunna let you finish, but season 1 was one of the best seasons of all time.

Seriously though, that cracked me up at the end.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
You could have made a reference to season zero so easily. Schmoopy can't read maps remember?

Unless you did it on purpose of course.

CoffieinaCan

Aug 11, 2009
that was realy good and the old man wus funny but it still abit lacking i mean its alot better than last weeks episode but come on what happened to the episodes that were like just short of 20 mins i mean realy and the jokes and extra charecter desines were alot poorer than previous episodes i mean keep up man ur on your fourth freakin season of this all be it hilarious animated seares but above all this it hasnt been the worst filler episode ive ever seen not by along shot and i enjoy the fact that u didnt just skip the traveling scenes because i feel that that would leave a hole in the plot and make me feel like i missed something, congrats on making an all be it original but some what lacking animated adventure thriller.

Dartinin

Apr 14, 2009
welcome back ^_^ jokes were light and most of them i didnt care for lol but then that's just me ^_^ and obviously most people disagreed ^_^ and i had to look up that last reference take it im fully out of touch with anything music or video related out side of the Escapist^^

Gnallstaff

Oct 17, 2008
Man - The anouncer was just doin his job, doin great when Garry pops out of nowhere... Man hes a jackass...

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
theres something i dont get. at the start we got 10+ min episodes, then the time was cut to around 7 minutes but it was made weekly. and now we get shorter episodes every second week? im not pissed about it and i still enjoy watching but i would have appreciated info about the schedule.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Killerkittenprr said:
Hamster at Dawn said:
This show doesn't cater solely to you. I don't know if complaining is going to do anything but waste space and time.
When did I imply that the show caters solely to me? I'm just expressing my opinion. The main reason I was complaining is because the episodes are only coming out every two weeks now and I don't understand why. I'm sure I can't be the only one who is bothered by this.

dragalionos

Sep 4, 2009
If it wasnt gaary, who in this timeline besides schmoopy and mike knows roamin?
(Reply to: daniel121)

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Kumomaru said:
iseestupid said:
quote]That one was closer to eight minutes, actually
]

Take out the intro and outro- its about 6 mins. I miss the every-other-week-but 15 mins long episodes.

Where have they gone?

rosac

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
WTB silence from ppl who didnt like the episode & ppl complaining about the every other week release 20000g
dont pst unless stupid. thx

Numb1lp

Jan 21, 2009
What, I can't give my opinion because you think it's wrong? Go back to your Waffle House you ditry redneck.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
uguito-93 said:
theres something i dont get. at the start we got 10+ min episodes, then the time was cut to around 7 minutes but it was made weekly. and now we get shorter episodes every second week? im not pissed about it and i still enjoy watching but i would have appreciated info about the schedule.
Hey, who knows, he may be very busy lately...
I too enjoy watching...

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Numb1lp said:
What, I can't give my opinion because you think it's wrong? Go back to your Waffle House you ditry redneck.
"BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER"

I've had to quote this more and more frequently....

Drakmeire

Jul 5, 2020
Country
United States
WOOOO! rob found a way to snick in a kanye Joke!
great as always rob!
and is it just me or did Jacques get two horses?

dragalionos

Sep 4, 2009
Fearforesta said:
Nice episode!

Wait...didn't Gaary hate Roamin?
Who ever said they hate eachother? Gaary just likes to piss on peoples parade, and roamin is an
easy target. that doesnt mean they hate eachother

Fearforesta

May 1, 2009
dragalionos said:
Fearforesta said:
Nice episode!

Wait...didn't Gaary hate Roamin?
Who ever said they hate eachother? Gaary just likes to piss on peoples parade, and roamin is an
easy target. that doesnt mean they hate eachother
Yeah, but that just went too far. Gaary would NEVER admit to thinking Roamin is the best.

kijo98

Jul 29, 2009
I think you should start making more instead of us waiting one week fortnight

S-Unleashed

May 14, 2009
Numb1lp said:
Red neck?First I think not. I'm from CA. Second if you don't think this is funny then why do you even post? We get ALOT of you guys saying the same thing.

Fearforesta

May 1, 2009
S-Unleashed said:
Numb1lp said:
Red neck?First I think not. I'm from CA. Second if you don't think this is funny then why do you even post? We get ALOT of you guys saying the same thing.
Exactly! If you don't like it, why do you watch it?

Or better yet, why post about it?

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
dstryfe said:
Okay, here goes...

Rob, I don't mean to offend, but would it be possible to make these longer? I'm not going to try to pretend to understand why this is, but since they're only coming out every second thursday, it would be roughly the same workload, and twice as worthwhile for the waiting...right?

Still, it was a great episode, and I thought it was still worth the longer wait. The Kanye stuff is still pretty funny. Can't wait to see where you take the storyline.

Ocelano said:

1) Douglas.
Alright I confess the 5th horse question was stupid and about an hour after posting I said Oh damn thats right i forgot about him because it wasn't on screen but I fear you have misread my second question I stated a complete lack of interest in kanye or the vma's my question was why would garry be hyping roamin when he only hung around with him to annoy the guy and has clearly stated that he doesn't like him

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
Ocelano said:
Alright I confess the 5th horse question was stupid and about an hour after posting I said Oh damn thats right i forgot about him because it wasn't on screen but I fear you have misread my second question I stated a complete lack of interest in kanye or the vma's my question was why would garry be hyping roamin when he only hung around with him to annoy the guy and has clearly stated that he doesn't like him
Ha. I forgot to answer the important part of your question...geez. My guess is that it was just there to knock Kanye (and to taunt those who gripe about Roamin's fate, I suppose). As for my unnecessarily stating the obvious...oops. Sorry 'bout that.

benaka

Apr 23, 2009
Indeed a great episode, i'd also like some info tho becuase i don't want to start up my computer on thursday while there actualy isnt an episode online.
Still a great episode keep it up.

dragalionos

Sep 4, 2009
Did anyone else think of the possebility that schmoopy could just use the crystal of talent, change to whatever class gaary is, and then also have selfresurrection? And then if its necessary use it on mike too. Because that would leave them pretty much invinceble.

SoldierOFortune7

May 27, 2009
Ocelano said:
dstryfe said:
Okay, here goes...

Ocelano said:

1) Douglas.
(I stated a complete lack of interest) Then how r u on here. u should have looked up the Kanye reference instead of admiting your own mistakes AND there is an edit button for u to change your post.

Airplane

May 19, 2009
Great episode man! Can't wait for more. :) Been a fan of the series for a long time now and it's still as funny as ever.

xx Mini Mat xx

May 27, 2009
Hasn't anyone else here learned that the shows being axed ? Look at the urealms website. http://www.urealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=12350.0

"Like the title says, this coming Thrusday or October 1st, will be the last episode of Unforgotten Realms to appear on the escapist. This episode will also not even be a "numbered" episode as it is a complete derail of the plot to give the show a quick and dirty ending for the Escapist. I won't go into too much detail behind the reasoning of this at this time but I will say that the future of the show will in fact be left up to the fans over the next couple months here. The site will finnally get it's revamp here and where the show goes now will be decided at a later date."

S-Unleashed

May 14, 2009
Ok
xx Mini Mat xx said:
Hasn't anyone else here learned that the shows being axed ? Look at the urealms website. http://www.urealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=12350.0

"Like the title says, this coming Thrusday or October 1st, will be the last episode of Unforgotten Realms to appear on the escapist. This episode will also not even be a "numbered" episode as it is a complete derail of the plot to give the show a quick and dirty ending for the Escapist. I won't go into too much detail behind the reasoning of this at this time but I will say that the future of the show will in fact be left up to the fans over the next couple months here. The site will finnally get it's revamp here and where the show goes now will be decided at a later date."
OK WHAT?!! THEY ARE GETTING RID OF UREALS??? WHAT!!!!?????

xx Mini Mat xx

May 27, 2009
Tempest Fennac said:
Thanks for the heads-up, Mini. I'm really sad about it ending. :( I hope everything is okay with Rob.
I think we're all sad to see it go. I've been a fan since it was on newgrounds, but i guess if we all but the dvds we'll have more urealms goodness to come.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
Love the Kanye West joke at the end. Not a bad episode, although would be nice if more things could be included in these episodes, considering how long it takes for them to come out.

xx Mini Mat xx

May 27, 2009
rayman 101 said:
Love the Kanye West joke at the end. Not a bad episode, although would be nice if more things could be included in these episodes, considering how long it takes for them to come out.
Well to bad we might never noe.
A quick question, do you read the rest of the thread before you post?

Demlemon

Jul 17, 2009
Kron_the_mad said:
hopefully the episodes will get longer..... or released more often.... otherwise still awesome!
There's only going to be one more episode...

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
xx Mini Mat xx said:
rayman 101 said:
I read a couple of posts, what's your point?

xx Mini Mat xx

May 27, 2009
rayman 101 said:
xx Mini Mat xx said:
rayman 101 said:
That the show is ending. On the Escapist at least.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
rayman 101 said:
xx Mini Mat xx said:
rayman 101 said:
So he's only going to upload videos on witty wizard from now on?

Fearforesta

May 1, 2009
rayman 101 said:
rayman 101 said:
xx Mini Mat xx said:
rayman 101 said:
So he's only going to upload videos on witty wizard from now on?
Probably

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
tehroc said:
Ending was super weak, it would have been funny if the joke wasn't run into the ground by the internet already.

Then watch episodes when they come out!

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
sir schmoopy. said:
hey rob whens the unumbered episode comming out
Should be coming up sometime day, I submitted it fairly late from normal submission dates so the Escapist will need some time to review and set it up for release. Just be patient.

un4g011enrealms

Jul 17, 2009
Wait Rob, so enough DVD's sell, you'll be able to make a Season 4? And is it true that this will be your last episode on Escapist?

Your biggest fan.

Demlemon

Jul 17, 2009
Fearforesta said:
Demlemon said:
Kron_the_mad said:
hopefully the episodes will get longer..... or released more often.... otherwise still awesome!
There's only going to be one more episode...
On the Escapist, you mean.
Yeah, well, we won't be getting ANY more episodes for a while. But yeah, I just realized that it said "On the Escapist".