Unforgotten Realms: Episode 46: Stylish and Delicious

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Episode 46: Stylish and Delicious

This week is all an illuuuusssiioooonnn!

Watch Video

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
As much as I still think season one and two were the best parts of the series, I still enjoyed watching UR and will be sad to see it go. Good luck with all your future projects, Schmoopy.

spike4072

Aug 26, 2009
=O Poor little piggy

First episode I posted on here. Guess it will be the last. :(

Hope it doesn't mean the end of UR too

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
Last Unforgotten Realms on Escapist?
How? Why?
I am saddened by this, That's a whole one more website that I have to visit? I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Oh well, all good thing must come to an end....or is it?

Anyway, thank you for the series Rob. We hope to see you soon. You and your lumberjack physique.

EDIT: Although, if you sell your DvDs without some extra content, I doubt you'll have a lot of success.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Aw man, last episode on the Escapist.

Well I enjoyed your series and I wish you good luck in the future.

DracheLehre

Feb 26, 2009
I had fun watching this series Rob...

Whatever the fate of UR is, there always is the Escapist UR archive and the Newgrounds UR Classic to rewatch

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Damn. That image of Mike sitting in the basement alone at Urealms really saddened me. We lost one of our best series today.

I hope you stick around the site Rob!

EDIT: well now, after snooping around a bit, I have a question much like this gentleman's:

Rex Dark said:
Where can I pre-order the DVD?

Garphen

Jun 26, 2008
I dont post a lot on unforgotten realms episodes but its why i came to the escapist in the first place, following unforgotten realms, i have watched every episode, and each time on the day it came out including episode 1, i love this show and forever will, thank you for supplying hours of entertainment to me, and all other fans.

I will be buying a dvd and supporting the show, i gota "Stick to the plan, kobold."

razuk

Sep 11, 2008
Poor captain something...And i hope he was joking when he said last episode in escapist...
Edit:Hey it was a joke :)

Valciron

Sep 17, 2008
You know, to all those who think that just because it's the last episode on the escapist means it's over and are sad because of it, you can just purchase a DVD. If enough people buy them, he'll be able to make another season.

Garphen

Jun 26, 2008
razuk said:
Poor captain something...And i hope he was joking when he said last episode in escapist...
He isn't, check http://urealms.com/ and http://www.urealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=12350.0

Greatjosh

May 21, 2009
its not the end it'll continue at Urealms.com!

the escapists just got slightly less awesome but they still have Zp i suppose :D

will the episodes keep coming? if so at what rate? (by rate i mean time not price xD)

Gl1tch

Jun 22, 2009
Hopefully the series will go on, but whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I must buy these dvds for the sake of UNFORGOTTEN REAALMMMSSS:(

Senial

Sep 18, 2008
Dammit! We never got to see the Urealms/Apocalypse Lane crossover! :'(

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
I will so buy one of those dvds, armed with the power of colledge tuition money nothing shall stop me from helping to support this show!!!!!!!!

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
you guys are not too bright, note the video description "this video is all an illusion" the series isnt ending by the 16th they will have a new episode up, just watch

weirdoproductions

May 19, 2009
wow, what a bummer.

edit: i feel a bit disapointed in not hilighting this in top vieso section but doomsdaay and apocolypse. should be ur and doomsday

Guestowel

Oct 9, 2008
alright, well if unforgotten realms is moving from escapist I have no reason to be here either. So long suckers!

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Anyone else notice the magic disappearing stairs at the start?

Also loved the scene where Captain Tinkertonk is being eaten

EDIT: Seems people did notice the stairs

person427

May 28, 2009
As I said on the urealms forums as well, amazing episode. Oh, and I'm in the loop! yeah!

You_have_a_name

Feb 25, 2009
that was a great episode but a very sad one, i hope you sell enough dvds so you can continue the series yourself.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Souplex said:
Did the stairs disappear at 1:35?
Yup, it was the staircase of IIILUUUSIOOOOOOOOONSSSSS!

I'm definitely going to miss this show, I'll head to Urealms every weak now I guess. It's more of a "Nevar Forget" sort of thing.

Trygorn

Apr 9, 2009
All people that loved the show should buy a dvd!

that way he'll have enough stuff to make another season!

where it'll be posted nobody knows, so go on buy the dvd when it comes out!

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
man thats the entire reason i came to the Escapist was to watch UR. wow this sucks :(

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I will follow this series through internet sites, come Hell, come Kobolts or come culling.

mercenator3000

Apr 7, 2009
I am truly saddened by URealms leaving. Thank you very much Rob. URealms filled my days with laughter and gave me a reason to be excited about thursdays. When the DVD comes out, I will certainly buy it and I will tell my friend to also buy it. This show is truly amazing, and I hope everyone buys a DVD so that it can continue.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Hang on a minute, surely he won't...stairs disappearing, episode is an illusion, and a cunning lie to get us to buy the DVD. Hmmmmm...I wait with baited breath.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I came here from Urealms... And now the ride is over huh? I hate being a student, or otherwise I would by six dvd sets of the first season....

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Good Job, Rob. Good luck for your future endeavors! You'll still be posting here....right?

Feb 8, 2009
Darnit, I will hate to see this show go. I will buy the DVDs, and I would love for Rob to finish up with the show. I mean cmon dude, I don't even know why Schmoopy has a mustache in the theme song!

But anyway, thanks for the great show Rob, and please try to make some more after a while, even though you said it was finished.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
...wait, WHAT?! This is it???
I watched every single episode of UR and only a few weeks ago I got the guts to subscribe and join this crazy community to discuss the random threads while entertaining myself with this serie to find out it's gone...
Maelstrom, Timmy the Evil, the gems! Such an amazing plot came to a halt! I still have hope it won't be forever.

I will always miss the wrath of the canadian lumber casting a spell with his monocle! Koboooold!

PS: The image of Mike alone in the basement with Rob voice in the background made me shed a tear. :'(

PPS: Oh yes! Best part of the episode - "It's an optical iluuuuusioooon."

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
:O I. Am. Very. Confused.

Edit: Wait, it's not that you got fired or anything is it?

DerGermanGuy

Jul 10, 2008
Now everyone will hate summercamps. Whatever, I allways like this show. It is one of some series wich hook me up to this site. My feelings are that I am just sad about this ending.

My last words in this comment are

Thanks Rob.

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
haaw NOOO Captain Tinker-tonk (MUNCH GULP CHEW)WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND BE SO DAMN DELICIOUS (chew munch guzzle) HOO HOOO HOOO

I haver every ep on my computer But I shall still buy the dvd/s multiple copies one set for me one for my friends who like the series and maybe 1 or 2 to keep robs money flowin so he may keep making this show that said will season's 1,2 and 3 be sold as one dvd or as 3 indiviual dvd's will they be available n commercial stores or only from his website and if the commercial case is true is there going to be an aussie release? Cos it sucks paying the postage to get stuff shipped from the usa... BUT I WILL IF NEED BE

2 last points apart from the vanishing stairs comment a surprising lack of the usual b*tching or whining is everyone trying to get on rob's good side so he doesn't stop all of a sudden?

And finally ending what will probably be my last escapist post as it has now finished this brilliant series and I don't comment on zp the only other show I watch

"God do you ever stop complaining? First it's No Gaary dont kill my pig and then its no gaary please don't eat my pig, and then it's No gaary please don't skin my pig and make it intop a helmet and now this"
small qualm just to nullify my previous point wouldn't the pig be skinned and the eaten not the other way around? Sorry but I never saw how death should change ones perspective of eople places or4 things and this show is no exception always loved it always will

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
May 6, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
wow, i'm saddened by this, this is second only to yhatzee in terms of pure awesome video. Oh and according to the site it is over on the escapist

SoldierOFortune7

May 27, 2009
Everyone must go to www.urealms.com and buy a DVD as soon as it comes out. This will help Rob amnd he will be able to make more episodes based on how much money he can get. So plz, If you really like URealms, buy 1 or more to support this awesome show.

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
why?!?!?!?!?

diablomaki

Jul 17, 2009
WOW i followed UR to Escapist and now its leaving, i am sad and wish i knew what the hell is going on.......KOBOLD!

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
Sigh...

Unforgotten Realms was something that I looked forward too during each passing week, and the reason I first came to the escapist. It is a shame to see it leave. I suppose I will have to track it down again once the DVDs come out.

Still, congratulations to Rob on his new job, and i hope it is a success.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Thank the Lord Thor! It's here!

Edit: Actually, fuck Thor. Loki's messing with us. We really need to buy those DVDs. I want more. We gotta keep it going! Come on!

Aug 30, 2009
look its not coming to an end forever it's just not going to be on the escapist its either gonna be on newgrounds or it's going to be on urealms and since the escapist is not giving him money to make it he needs to sell the dvds for money to make the episodes so its not over just not going to be on for a while.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
The stairs, they disappeared. Tell me I'm not the only one who saw that at the beginning...

Also, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It's over for here...

Also I love Shmoopy's eyes when he says Captain Twinkletongue.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I just came back urealms.com. Tha front page was really depressing. Don't worry Rob. I'll buy the hell out of your DVDs. Please keep us posted on what's happening on your end, OK?

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
The Urealms site with the slow music is really depressing, you tell me what i can do to help and where i can do it :)

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Well, it was a good run. Is the series taking a break, or is it going to be starting up again soon?

Ardus_Virgo

Aug 11, 2008
Anyone notice how the stairs in the basement disappear before the rest of the scene?

(This episode was awesome, btw)

redstranger

Jul 16, 2009
HMMMMM split with the escapist huh? and so many issues with updates, and after hearing about all the issues with brawl as well this lessens my opinion of the escapists alot. never the less i will support UR with cash and dvd sales!!

Thunderclaw

Aug 23, 2009
Those of you who say "goodbye urealms" are sorely mistaken. This isn't the beginning of the end.

It's the end of the beginning.

iseestupid

Feb 25, 2009
I don't know what to say...This is just terrible.
I really hope new episodes come out sometime in the future.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
plz plz pl z plz plz PLZ buy the DVD people! we have to save schmoopy! he saved us, now its our turn! lets go!!!!!!!

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
Good episode.

I'm sad to hear that URealms is leaving the escapist, but I'll definitly be checking the website in the future.

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
Sethstorm said:
you guys are not too bright, note the video description "this video is all an illusion" the series isnt ending by the 16th they will have a new episode up, just watch
Whatever makes you sleep better at night, but if this wasn't the internet I'm sure I'd hear some doubt in your voice, anways, best of luck Rob, I'll try to keep up with your other projects, but nothing will be the same and as epic!

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Thanks for all the support coming out of this thread guys.

kijo98 said:
Are you like leaving UR making or are you just leaving escapist?
Hopefully I can continue you the series but it honestly will come down to you guys. This show is a full time job. The work that goes into it requires so much of my free time that if I couldn't do it 24/7 I couldn't do it every week like I have been doing. I would love too and hope to someday be able to continue releasing episodes every week but without the source of income the escapist was providing that just isn't possible without the support of fans this time.

So the DvD sales will seriously determine if I can continue or not. If theres enough super cool fans that can keep this show a float then i'll be happy to continue it as soon as possible but if not then the show might go on a hiatus for awhile while I figure out where to go next.

The www.urealms.com page at the moment really depicts my feelings on it! Check back over the next week for me to finish updating the site and I'll have more news about the DVD and preorders for the dedicated few.

Thanks for all the support guys.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Whaaa? I've been watching this since it came to the escapist and "All right, I wanna cast a spell" has become part of regular vernacular.

I will get this DVD to support this show.

S-Unleashed

May 14, 2009
Unforgotten Realms. You were the best thing to happen to this crap hole. I'll see if I could buy the DVDs but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME ON THE FORUMS AGAIN SO I CAN HELP!!!!!!!!

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
The escapist is making a big mistake letting unforgotten realms go, it's one of their best shows. They're still paying for many other inferior shows including the horrifically bad Apocalypse Lane.

This means that I will be scaling back the number of times a week I visit the escapist to 1 where I will catch ZP and perhaps Unskippable. I suspect that quite a few others will do the same.

Massecurr

Apr 14, 2009
This saddens me to no end. What happens now? 30 go to 10? does it all restart I WANNA KNOW. *cries like a 5 year old who dropped his ice cream*

BLACK_GHOST_147

Jul 30, 2009
well miss you and Unforgotten Realms and hopefully you'll be able to finish up the series. I'll show my support along with some of my friends and but the DVD's when they come out if it helps to keep the show going cause this isn't the right way for such a good show to end.

signed your friend: Matthew Cobb of I.M.P Studio

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
And with that, the part of me enjoyed the show will have to be drowned in lime and acid. Ima gonna miss dis show

mr.goodbar779

Aug 30, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Unfogotten Realms!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO BE SO AWSOME AND THEN LEAVE!!!!

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
Nooooo! I will be slightly inconvenienced by having another link atop Firefox that I have to click on!

All kidding aside, hate to see you go, but you have to do what you have to do. Me? I have to buy some DVDs. I have to see many, many, many various plot threads come to resolution. I have to have something to go with my "Feel the wrath of Canadian lumber, fool!" t-shirt so people might get what it means. But above all, I have to wait for the DVDs to actually go on sale.

Best of luck.

*clock ticking*

TheCube

Apr 16, 2009
Good thing it's a joke HAR HAR!
I'm surprised that people don't click on clickable things anymore, I mean this is the internet we are speaking of here folks! Just click on the flash animation at the top or the letter itself at the bottom and it will bring you to the real site, http://www.urealms.com/index2.html .

Quote from the site:
"That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon."

EDIT: The quote above was unintentionally misused and was actually referring to the title: Now that I'm jobless... HAR HAR, and not the front page of urealms.com.

mobsterlobster

Sep 13, 2009
All I need is a job, then I'll be buying the DVD. I might even buy one as a christmas present for someone too. I definitely don't want this show to end, it's the only reason I come to the Escapist, other than Zero Punctuation. :(

jrhop364

Feb 11, 2009
The http://urealms.com/ page has me at tears. I loved this show, it was awesome to quote while playing any sort of RPG. I'll miss you guys. Please kids, buy the DVDs.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
Sad, thanks for all the great videos man. You will be missed. I'll keep an eye on urealms.

That front page is SOOOO depressing.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
If we all buy the DVD will you make another season?
I'm not ready to see it end. The shark is at least another season away; that's better than most shows with timetravel.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
TheCube said:
I'm surprised that people don't click on clickable things anymore, I mean this is the internet we are speaking of here folks! Just click on the flash animation at the top or the letter itself at the bottom and it will bring you to the real site, http://www.urealms.com/index2.html .

Quote from the site:
"That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon."
The joke was HAR HAR IM JOBLESS, not the main page you goof.

sleepyperson

Oct 2, 2009
Your leaving actually gave me a reason to make a escapist account.
With that said I am going to miss this series, lets just hope it doesn't stick to the plan this time.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Th-the stairs disappeared ... i kinda expected this to happen, the quality of the story went downhill in season three, other than that i'm sad to see it go.

i wonder what the reason was?

standokan

May 28, 2009
Well it continues on urealms so stay happy (to bad i got banned) , well i'll buy the dvd for the sake of Sir schmoopy. (i hope there are some special features on the dvd

elmo360

Jun 7, 2009
I loved this show but when they started to copy off harry potter too much the people at the ecapist probably fired him. However i think that if they can see that rob can make it on his own they might give him his spot back and will keep funding him

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Wait a sec...

'This week is all an illuuuusssiioooonnn!'

'That was a joke' (when you click on the website, the pop-up that comes up has a comment staring with that).

Please keep doing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats cruel
he isnt going to continue till we buy enough DVDs

Woem

May 28, 2009
EquinoxETO said:
SirBryghtside said:
Wait a sec...

'This week is all an illuuuusssiioooonnn!'

'That was a joke' (when you click on the website, the pop-up that comes up has a comment staring with that).

Please keep doing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats cruel
he isnt going to continue till we buy enough DVDs
I said it before: I'd rather buy a Shmoopy peluche.

Mar 16, 2009
Depressing, despondent, woeful, other synonyms for sad.
This series brought me to the Escapist. After Newgrounds and your original site were left behind, I was ecstatic when I found it here. And after the show became more plot-oriented than making casual jokes, I accepted the change and began to become increasingly more intrigued with where the show was going. I wish you had stuck to the casual jokes if you were going to end things so abruptly, meh. Best of luck with whatever happens.

El Sombrero Rojo

Oct 2, 2009
Sad to see it go. It was a good run, and I mean who doesn't want an opportunity to do one's job in underwear.

Good luck

herio

May 20, 2009
what the hell escapist magazine why cancel such a good show cangle that shit retated apocolypse lane thing

Woem

May 28, 2009
herio said:
what the hell escapist magazine why cancel such a good show cangle that shit retated apocolypse lane thing
I don't think they canceled it as much as it's a one-year contract that's come to an end.

Studoku

Feb 6, 2008
It's been a good show and it's a shame to see it end. Hopefully, Rob will pick it up again before a fan-fiction writer does. Please?

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
i visited urealms.com
So this show is dependant on dvd sales. Bah it's the internetz, this show is good as long as it's free and short.
Free, Short and easy accesible on the site where zero punctuality airs.

I'm not going to a different site only to find out that the show might be cancelled or will have all sorts of boring cash problems.

herio

May 20, 2009
Woem said:
herio said:
I don't think they canceled it as much as it's a one-year contract that's come to an end.
oh well they should renew it i still sand by my hate of apocolypse lane i can draw rings around that

Woem

May 28, 2009
herio said:
Woem said:
herio said:
oh well they should renew it i still sand by my hate of apocolypse lane i can draw rings around that
It will not be renewed. And as Rob pointed out [http://www.urealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=12350.0] on urealms.com:
Rob said:
Please don't use this thread or any thread on the forums for discussing what you "Assume" the reason is that Unforgotten Realms is not on Escapist because I can assure you that none of you will be right. I am not under any contract obligations to purposely say "Nice" things about the Escapist, they are simply good guys and I don't need this thread to become a focal point for hatred towards them when right now I need them more then ever.

Most people who watch the show don't visit my website and if that trend continues after Unforgotten Realms leaves Escapist, then there won't be anyone to watch the show and soon enough there won't be a show. Please watch what you say in this thread because I know that some guys at the Escapist might be still visiting this site and the last thing I need is a bunch of fans making me look bad.

Versago

May 28, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

But the show is so unbelievably awesome!
Admittedly the first season was the best but the recent episodes had some great moments:
Like: You Heartless Fiends
Wherin there are some very true and funny paradys of real games.

I live in England but i will buy the DVD and spread the word to keep the Realms Unforgotten, rather than Semi-forgotten or realativly unremembered.

Long Live the Unforgotten Reeeeeaalms!

dragalionos

Sep 4, 2009
Glefistus said:
Oh. That's why. So just as soon as the creator of this series decided to make it good again, he bails? I say we ban SirSchmoopy for trolling.
What the hell, man?

He gave us 6 hours of top notch entertainment, i say he gets an honor place in heaven if he dies.

dragalionos

Sep 4, 2009
Sethstorm said:
Don't hope too much, it just sets you up for disappointment.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Sethstorm said:
It's really the last episode on The Escapist. Check Rob's post on URealms.com [http://www.urealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=12350.0].

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
Of course I will buy a DVD. Everyone who, like me, loves this show should. I would never know what to do without Unforgotten Realms.

spartenX

Oct 2, 2009
I hope it dosn't end and enough dvd's are sold there are so many questions left unanswerd
will nailo finish building cotswell? will Roman the palidin come back in an undead form like a death knight? will sirschmoop finish his his quest? will he ever cast another punch to Timmys face? I guess well just have to hope these questions and more are answerd next time (whenever next time is) on an all new Unforgotten realms. good luck Rob or should I say good luck sir schmoopy of awesomton.

hauk93

Aug 28, 2009
please keep the episodes coming Rob, I will buy your DVD if it is needed. Dont quit(cryface)!

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
All good things come to an end, but this seems like a shite ending if you ask me...

Eitherway, if it restarts, then excellent. If not, then a damned shame.

Greatjosh

May 21, 2009
i posted earlier but i've seen urealms.com now and just thanks to rob for making 46 episodes of epic adventure and lots of laughs :p

oh and if the escapist has any sence they'll let you make more :p

magicdemon71

May 22, 2009
is this mean the last episode of ur??
or will be maybe have new episodes on urealms.com??
i am a little confused i think because it feels like the real last episode
please can people explain this to me?

oo it is clear to me now that we will be having al long break
and it will nevere come to the escapist again.

good luck rob i hope you really thought out your decision.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
The Escapist just lost it's best series. All that's left noe is Doomsday Arcade and Apocolypse Lane.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
NOOOOO! This was my favorite show. It's very sad to see it go. I hope with all my heart that it will someday continue.

Bediz

Apr 20, 2009
Oh man, that image on urealms.com is the saddest thing I've seen in months. This was the second series I ever got into on Escapist. Hell, my text message sound for awhile was "I wanna cast a spell."

Set up DVD pre-orders now, kthx.

Spamcar

Jun 11, 2009
Hey Rob, i wish you the best of luck in your future projects (whatever you decide to do)!
And thanks for supplying us with weekly awesomeness!
I'll really miss this show... (':

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
DAAMMMMITTT!!! WHY GOD WHY!?!?!??!!Its rather upsetting...if you didn't guess, really upsetting oh well....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jonnopon3000

Feb 25, 2009
I can't believe it is gone from Escapist! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Either way...DVDs!??? WWWOOOOOOOO! Will these be the series you have already made, or new full length episodes?

And will it be returning after a fair amount of DVD sales as stated on the website? And if it does, will it return here or somewhere else?

Damn...I can't believe it is over (for now). I love this show so much. Don't worry, I will be buying the DVDs.

Heytred

Apr 23, 2008
Of all the shows on the Escapist this is the one that they aren't renewing or are letting go? Really? I'm not sure I understand the logic in that, but then again great shows like Futurama and Firefly were canceled and then came back later with something awesome. I hope it all works out for UR, it is probably my favourite internet series, ever.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
so the thing that brought me to escapist is leaving, thanks a bunch Rob, you helped me discover a super kool website, i hope you get picked up by another site soon =D so what happened(I don't feel like reading all the comments for clues) aren't you gettin enough views so they've canceled you? anyways, so now you gotta get a real job huh =/ that sux man. sorry to say but being brutally honest urealms has been getting a little lack luster...i don't know maybe getting a little old or something...

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
What the... UR cancled? I just hope this is just a joke. This show and ZP make my day here and I will be sad to see it go. Anyway Rob good luck, you have made us laugh, cry, and say WTF? and hope to see you come back. Just to let you guys know that yes the stairs did disapear. Oh and if you do have UR come back let us all know where ok, also where do I get those DVD's when they go on sale?

Garphen

Jun 26, 2008
Groxnax said:
What the... UR cancled? I just hope this is just a joke. This show and ZP make my day here and I will be sad to see it go. Anyway Rob good luck, you have made us laugh, cry, and say WTF? and hope to see you come back. Just to let you guys know that yes the stairs did disapear. Oh and if you do have UR come back let us all know where ok, also where do I get those DVD's when they go on sale?
You will be ordering the dvds off of "Urealms.com" I am pretty sure.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
Well so much for my visits to escapist. Well I'll still watch ZP, but my traffic here is going to drop dramatically.

Beffudled Sheep

May 29, 2020
Country
Texas
I am sad. I loved this show and I will miss it a lot. And I will buy the dvds. Good luck Rob... we'll miss you.

ic0n67

Jul 27, 2009
but ... but ... ... this was the only reason I even came to this site (well this and Zero Punctuation ...). How many many Thursdays and Fridays I would constantly refresh the page to see the next episode. Really sad ... really sad. Kinda pus a real bummer on what was supposed to be a great day Friday + Flyers season opener. I am really sorry to see this go away, feels like I lost a friend.

Sintarow

Jun 7, 2009
This was the one of the greatest shows one the escapist; it was the reason that i start going to the escapist. This show is going to be really miss by me. And i hope you have a good life and that everything is going OK. You made my Thursdays a treat... i wish you the best and you will be missed.

If you ever do come back... I be here waiting.
And if not... have a good life

CTG13Punk

Oct 2, 2009
ANYONE READING THIS WHO LOVES UNFORGOTTEN REALMS READ THIS

this doesnt have to be the end if you go the urealms.com his website and buy the season one dvd he will continue but people have to love the show enough to buy the dvds for him to keep going

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
For those of you who still think this series is over...

http://www.urealms.com/index2.html

EDIT: On the subject of the episode, HILARIOUS

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Woem said:
herio said:
Hey lets not speculate anything please as it spreads false information around and I can guarantee none of you will come up with what truly happened!

Thanks!

JumpingGirraffe

Jun 18, 2009
Aw.............................. Man.... This is just not my Week... D: If it'll get UR back, I'll buy the DVD.. AND PLUS, it's an Uunforgotten Realms DVD, it'll be awesome!

MDInzee

Jul 29, 2009
DUDES this is a joke ppl click on the note on urealms.com and robert explains everything sir shmoopy (on this episode) said he'll be back before new years >.<.

CrashertheSmasher

Jul 16, 2009
hope that UR keeps going if not i'll be sad and a little bit mad cause that was a bad series finaly so i guess i'll be checking Urealms.com for any updates

WtfLobster

May 20, 2009
Was pretty great while it lasted... hope you can get back on track and bring it back :D

Gl on future shiz

Inglonias

Aug 4, 2009
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!! *Crys*

Its not truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is this happening?!?!?
Because the Escapist is about Video Games and Unforgotten Realms is about Tabletop Games? I don't know, really. Did Schmoopy take leave, or is did the Escapist fire him?

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
fare well Robert, I was wrong about what I said, this show is just plain awesome. I wish you luck. I know I must be like every annoying fan, But Unforgotten Realms is my favourite show on the Escapist.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Wow.

when i first started playing WoW, my friend introduced me to Rurikar, a hilarious WoW machinima maker. i was a big fan, but then came that one fateful morning. i was sad because my Aunt had died, and while i was surfing his youtube page, i found unforgotten realms. i watched the first couple of episodes and thought it was hilarious. i went over here and created my escapist account because of this show. This show was a reminder to me that there will still always be happiness and humor in life even in the darkest of days. I am saddend to say this, but i am also happy to support your show by buying the DvD for christmas. Rob, no mean to sound like a fanboy, but you are my hero.

Carpe Fucking Diem,

ben

ui264

Feb 10, 2009
Yes, the stairs at 1:35 are also just an illusion.

Did anyone else notice the disappearing stairs?

EDIT: also, at 3:08, Gary had a second mouth

zutolor

Apr 16, 2009
This is the last time I go on the escapist for good Urealms got ma on to the site and if its gone so am I.

Cama Zots

Jul 10, 2009
Azraellod said:
Sigh...

Unforgotten Realms was something that I looked forward too during each passing week, and the reason I first came to the escapist. It is a shame to see it leave. I suppose I will have to track it down again once the DVDs come out.

Still, congratulations to Rob on his new job, and i hope it is a success.
I joined for the same reason. I think I died a little today. :( just doesn't cut it...

Cama Zots

Jul 10, 2009
Something about this didn't sit with me, but I figured it out now. You can't be serious. First off, everyone here likes your show, but you can't honestly expect us to shell out money just so you might, just might, make another season and possibly give us some closure instead for that crap you call a season finale. I've defended you in the forums when people said that you suck, but no more, Robert. I'm done. I was done the second you tried to play the sympathy card to milk your fanbase for money. Darkspire films, RoosterTeeth, Xantos, and Ross Scott all managed to produce episodes (without any pay at all in the beginning) regularly in their spare time. I can't believe that you say that UR is a full time deal. Hell, I'm a AP high school student I've managed to hold down a love life and write entire novels in my spare time, while still getting As, during parts of my life. I can't believe you and I don't buy your story one bit.

I am ashamed to be a fan.

I quit.

Go ahead, "report me" and get me suspended, I really don't care any more.

I'm not buying a DvD.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!111!!!!!!111!!!11!one!!!!anyone notice when rob says 5 it hits the 5 minute mark exactly.now what will i do on thursdays.why does he have to go.it was getting funny again like in season 1.please don't leave.at least not without a fight i mean your show is so awesome you rock at animation and you were able to work in your underwear for nearly a year and get paid!they're not even gonna let you finish the season.thats evil.

KaiusCormere

Mar 19, 2009
Well, Unforgotten Realms was really the only thing I looked forward to seeing here on Escapist, although some of the forum posts and news articles are interesting - but they don't draw me in to check the website.

Best of luck, you've got a good sense of humor and create some good stuff, but you probably need to get a couple friends to work with you rather than the solo project, so that you can prevent the burnout which seemed like it was boiling up every so often.

Fearforesta

May 1, 2009
Cama Zots said:
Something about this didn't sit with me, but I figured it out now. You can't be serious. First off, everyone here likes your show, but you can't honestly expect us to shell out money just so you might, just might, make another season and possibly give us some closure instead for that crap you call a season finale. I've defended you in the forums when people said that you suck, but no more, Robert. I'm done. I was done the second you tried to play the sympathy card to milk your fanbase for money. Darkspire films, RoosterTeeth, Xantos, and Ross Scott all managed to produce episodes (without any pay at all in the beginning) regularly in their spare time. I can't believe that you say that UR is a full time deal. Hell, I'm a AP high school student I've managed to hold down a love life and write entire novels in my spare time, while still getting As, during parts of my life. I can't believe you and I don't buy your story one bit.

I quit.

I'm not buying a DvD.
I'm just going to warn you: as soon as people read this, they are going to descend upon you, Cama, like vultures to a piece of meat.

Basically: screw you.

AvsJoe

May 28, 2009
*tear*

Bullsh-t! Why? Why???

Well, here's hoping that this was an illuuuusion or something. I love this series and I hope it stays on this site.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Cama Zots said:

I quit.

I'm not buying a DvD.
You are dumb.

Say we ignore all the writing of episodes which are time consuming. On average it takes me an entire day to do vocals and then edit them down. Sometimes I also need to redo voice overs or change scripts on the fly and add things in. Animating is a whole new ball game. Sometimes it's very simple animation and I can do an entire episode in two days easy, sometimes it literally takes me into the weekends because of a fight scene or just something I had to animate and draw. If you can find someone who does a 4 to 6 minute animated short on the internet in LESS then 4-5 days a week then super congrats to them because for me it's hard to pump out 5 minutes a week and still try to keep a certain level of quality, that quality does slip from time to time as well doing them as frequently as I do.

Other web shows have other sources of income for there show, via advertising or other merchandise. The point my website makes is that if the fans can FULLY support the show then I can continue it as I am doing it now, if they can't then this isn't a full time job now, it's a hobby.

Cama Zots said:
I'm a AP high school student I've managed to hold down a love life and write entire novels in my spare time, while still getting As, during parts of my life. I can't believe you and I don't buy your story one bit.
Grow up. Your in high school and have no understanding of what things cost. For example, the average cost of just DOING a season (Paying composer for new Theme Song, All other musical work you hear, Hosting the site, Video/Audio/Special effects software and overlays) Cost me a fortune. I spent more money then it will cost you to goto College next year on the tools to even DO this show and in the next year I need at the very least to buy another 2 USB hard drives, some new raptor drives for rendering, another monitor for a secondary PC and dozens and dozens of royalty free tracks. Jesus man look at the price of Adobe products and understand I need almost half of them to do my show and they get updated EVERY YEAR. Did I mention I have rent, food, internet bills to work on too? Oh I guess I'm suppose to have another job while doing this full time because this isn't real work right? Working on an animation for a couple hours, having the file crash and become unreadable so I need to start from scratch with a deadline coming up is just "Fun" right? I'm not a super millionaire nor will I be selling DVDs. You don't want to support the show? Thats fine, if enough people feel this way then I need to find another job (Oh shit I have been offered Jobs that would pay me more then Escapist would be declined already?) which means I can't devote myself to producing Unforgotten Realms.

You are not a fan and never will be you ungrateful child. If you had any understanding of the position financially I am currently in you wouldn't have the guts think the things you wrote. You do not understand the reasoning around why Unforgotten Realms is no longer on Escapist and I STRONGLY suggest you refrain yourself from making yourself look even more foolish. Milk my fanbase for money? I'm not saying DONATE ME 100,000 DOLLARS OR ELSE. I'm saying, please for the love of god buy my DVD so I can continue to make more Unforgotten Realms for you guys.

Jarret T from Washington State. Got it. Don't buy a DVD because I'm not interested in your money or your presence and you have totally ruined my day with your ignorance.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
Cama Zots said:

I quit.

I'm not buying a DvD.
You are dumb.

Say we ignore all the writing of episodes which are time consuming. On average it takes me an entire day to do vocals and then edit them down. Sometimes I also need to redo voice overs or change scripts on the fly and add things in. Animating is a whole new ball game. Sometimes it's very simple animation and I can do an entire episode in two days easy, sometimes it literally takes me into the weekends because of a fight scene or just something I had to animate and draw. If you can find someone who does a 4 to 6 minute animated short on the internet in LESS then 4-5 days a week then super congrats to them because for me it's hard to pump out 5 minutes a week and still try to keep a certain level of quality, that quality does slip from time to time as well doing them as frequently as I do.

Other web shows have other sources of income for there show, via advertising or other merchandise. The point my website makes is that if the fans can FULLY support the show then I can continue it as I am doing it now, if they can't then this isn't a full time job now, it's a hobby.

Cama Zots said:
I'm a AP high school student I've managed to hold down a love life and write entire novels in my spare time, while still getting As, during parts of my life. I can't believe you and I don't buy your story one bit.
Grow up. Your in high school and have no understanding of what things cost. For example, the average cost of just DOING a season (Paying composer for new Theme Song, All other musical work you hear, Hosting the site, Video/Audio/Special effects software and overlays) Cost me a fortune. I spent more money then it will cost you to goto College next year on the tools to even DO this show and in the next year I need at the very least to buy another 2 USB hard drives, some new raptor drives for rendering, another monitor for a secondary PC and dozens and dozens of royalty free tracks. Jesus man look at the price of Adobe products and understand I need almost half of them to do my show and they get updated EVERY YEAR. Did I mention I have rent, food, internet bills to work on too? Oh I guess I'm suppose to have another job while doing this full time because this isn't real work right? Working on an animation for a couple hours, having the file crash and become unreadable so I need to start from scratch with a deadline coming up is just "Fun" right? I'm not a super millionaire nor will I be selling DVDs. You don't want to support the show? Thats fine, if enough people feel this way then I need to find another job (Oh shit I have been offered Jobs that would pay me more then Escapist would be declined already?) which means I can't devote myself to producing Unforgotten Realms.

You are not a fan and never will be you ungrateful child. If you had any understanding of the position financially I am currently in you wouldn't have the guts think the things you wrote. You do not understand the reasoning around why Unforgotten Realms is no longer on Escapist and I STRONGLY suggest you refrain yourself from making yourself look even more foolish.

Jarret T from Washington State. Got it. Don't buy a DVD because I'm not interested in your money or your presence and you have totally ruined my day with your ignorance.
holy shit raptor drives? the terrabyte kind? i knew this was expensive and resource consuming but i never knew it was THIS resource intensive to warrant raptor drives. ill TRY to buy a DVD but i cant promise anything, bad economy. but daaaaaamn, i wish i had a raptor drive.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Ultratwinkie said:
holy shit raptor drives? the terrabyte kind? i knew this was expensive and resource consuming but i never knew it was THIS resource intensive to warrant raptor drives. ill TRY to buy a DVD but i cant promise anything, bad economy. but daaaaaamn, i wish i had a raptor drive.
I currently have two in this PC, a buddy of mine recommended it because the rendering phase was just so intensive that I couldn't do somethings I wanted to do.

All the "Special effects" you see are typically .PNG layers image sequences. I edit in Sony Vegas 8 and on my older computer which was built to play games not make cartoons, it would crash during renders anytime I used more then 1 layer. So if I wanted to have say a fireball effect and then put a Flare on top of it, it wouldn't come out and would crash. In the original episode 6 when they totem pole it, this is why its just some lame firework effect because my computer litteraly can't do the effect I wanted to do. This has been changed for the DVD with minor changes like that.

The problem is rendering can be time consuming still and immobilyzes my computer, I have also been at the mercy of "If my computer breaks, I'm screwed" and would like to set up a second PC so I can work while something renders rather then render something and just wait a couple hours for it to finish. I animate at 24 FPS so say I'm rendering out a scene of Cotswell with a couple houses and Schmoopy/Nailo on screen. Even with the computer I'm running, it still takes 15 to 20 seconds PER FRAME to render and thats a lot of time when you have 7000 frames in a five minute episode. So when i say something takes a DAY to render, I don't mean no work or school day.

Cama Zots

Jul 10, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
Cama Zots said:

I quit.

I'm not buying a DvD.
You are dumb.

Cama Zots said:

You are not a fan and never will be you ungrateful child. If you had any understanding of the position financially I am currently in you wouldn't have the guts think the things you wrote. You do not understand the reasoning around why Unforgotten Realms is no longer on Escapist and I STRONGLY suggest you refrain yourself from making yourself look even more foolish. Milk my fanbase for money? I'm not saying DONATE ME 100,000 DOLLARS OR ELSE. I'm saying, please for the love of god buy my DVD so I can continue to make more Unforgotten Realms for you guys.

Is that a threat?
I'm glad I ruined your day, you've ruined mine.
Ross Scott managed to produce Civil Protection and Freeman's Mind (who had the same strict audio demands, even more from what I understand, than you) and spent countless hours on the animation. Only recently has he been paid for his work, but from what I understand he has editing commitments to other projects now. Let's not forget about the creators of Barney's Mind and Shepherd's Mind too, who make nothing and expect nothing, but continue their work purely as a labor of love. Bill Watterson made nothing doing Calvin and Hobbes, but he would rather end the strip than see it become comercialized (that's why he went on hiatus). Each color strip took him months and months to do. HP Lovecraft made less than 50 cents on each of what is now considered his master pieces. Even during his era such pay was considered insignificantly small. The master of supernatural horror died poor. Let's not forget about 90% of the webcomic artists, who do what they do only for the joy of creation (Ozy and Millie was only in syndication for a brief period of time, but that didn't stop Dana Simpson from continuing her work, and she updated everyday!). If fortune smiled upon any of them I would be happy that they would be rewarded for their work, as with Ross Scott has been recently. The instant you look upon your work as a means to an end it losses its magic and I can not accept that you do what you do only as a labor of love.

I'm done with the escapist. Don't expect me back anytime soon.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
An aquintance of mine named Sam T taught me in one of his cute little animations how timely & costly making independant flash toons can be. It's like making a comic book...you put in so much & get so little back. So if you want more of this show, you really should help foot the bill.

Here's that toon I mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXmNXTn_-H0

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
Ultratwinkie said:
I currently have two in this PC, a buddy of mine recommended it because the rendering phase was just so intensive that I couldn't do somethings I wanted to do.

All the "Special effects" you see are typically .PNG layers image sequences. I edit in Sony Vegas 8 and on my older computer which was built to play games not make cartoons, it would crash during renders anytime I used more then 1 layer. So if I wanted to have say a fireball effect and then put a Flare on top of it, it wouldn't come out and would crash. In the original episode 6 when they totem pole it, this is why its just some lame firework effect because my computer litteraly can't do the effect I wanted to do. This has been changed for the DVD with minor changes like that.

The problem is rendering can be time consuming still and immobilyzes my computer, I have also been at the mercy of "If my computer breaks, I'm screwed" and would like to set up a second PC so I can work while something renders rather then render something and just wait a couple hours for it to finish. I animate at 24 FPS so say I'm rendering out a scene of Cotswell with a couple houses and Schmoopy/Nailo on screen. Even with the computer I'm running, it still takes 15 to 20 seconds PER FRAME to render and thats a lot of time when you have 7000 frames in a five minute episode. So when i say something takes a DAY to render, I don't mean no work or school day.
holy shit, two? in that case, when you turn your computer on, does it shoot lasers and flames? XD

i am also floored by all the work that went into this. my quad core would have exploded if it was put under this pressure. it would have literally exploded. 0.o

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
Has anyone ever tried to convert Unforgotten Realms into a full game? I was just thinking that it could be fun to try it, if Rob doesn't have any issues with it, and it's not commercial at all (I've got some ideas for how to do this, but I couldn't find any other attempts on the URealms forum or by using Google).

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Tempest Fennac said:
Has anyone ever tried to convert Unforgotten Realms into a full game? I was just thinking that it could be fun to try it, if Rob doesn't have any issues with it, and it's not commercial at all (I've got some ideas for how to do this, but I couldn't find any other attempts on the URealms forum or by using Google).
he tried. didn't get off the ground as far as i know.

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Tempest Fennac said:
Do you have any information on what Rob's version was like at all? If you do, please could I see it?

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
i love unforgotten realms, ive watched it since the first episode of the original series came out, before it even came to the escapist, and i have to say it is one of my favorite programs/shows of all time. I am very sad to see it go, but i will buy that dvd as soon as there is a link to pre-order it!

wcgevampire

Mar 27, 2009
wow,
I mean comeone don't think that rob is like any freakin other flash-maker,
so don't say things like "hey, Professor walruss did twice as much flash's than Rob,
and didn't even get paid for that zomgolololol"
just hope that he will continue his hobby,
I'm defenetely going to buy the DVD,
but I hope for some special extras like BONUS-episodes or something :)
the dvd will be a christmas-present to my brother who loves UR just like me x)
don't listen to some fools rob...
but whatever, all have a nice day :)

Triple G

Sep 12, 2008
Cama Zots said:

I quit.

I'm not buying a DvD.
I'm feeling your pain. "Smooth Few Films" did the same thing. They abandoned the machinima series that made them popular, and are now working for money to make a live action series. they made a shitty finale, and the story became worse and worse. They wanted to make a machinima movie to wrap up the story to have the fans get a GOOD finale, but then they got a deal to make a live action series and just wrapped up the story with a mediocre ending in which all bad guys died, all main characters survived or got revived, and even just dropped a whole plot-line expecting everyone not to notice it. Worked for most people on their site...
I think we can call our time "The age of internet series sell-out".

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I hope you keep this series going Rob. I know I've been complaining a lot about the recent episodes but I still love the show and I'm sad to see it go. I also don't understand why season 3 wasn't allowed to come to a more natural conclusion, I guess I'm just not in "the loop".

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
My story is similar to yours.

So, one day, a year ago, I ended up looking up Weird Al. I saw a video on WoW in the Related tab, and clicked it. That video led me to, you guessed it, Jimmy's story. So, while looking for other stuff, I found the first episode. I clicked it, and I thought it was fricking hilarious. So, after, I waited months, before... Well, I'd totally forgotten Urealms.com, and when I was browsing my history I decided to go there. I let out tons of fanboy "GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"s after I saw it was coming back, with super duper new graphics at that. So, I came here. I started watching ZP, I saw interesting forum topics, and it became to much to bear: I wanted an account. Since then, I've started watching Unskipabble, Apocalypse Lane, and Doomsday Arcade, in that order. Couldn't get into Brawl, though.

I came here knowing absolutely nothing about this site, or games, or anything. All I knew was, it was
[HEADING=1]MOTHER.[/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]FUCKING.[/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]AWESOME.[/HEADING]

And so, Urealms got me here. I hate to see it go, it's like seeing your mother pass away, but you know if you sell enough of her movies you can revive her.

So lets buy some DVDs, and keep this show ALIVE!

King wiL

Jul 28, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( I'll be showing my support by buying the DVD, i dont want the show to end :(

spartenX

Oct 2, 2009
you just said in the post above you that you died alittle inside and now your turning on him.
what proof do you even have that he's trying to milk the fanbase. How can you can you say you were ever a fan. even if it was true a real fan wouldn't just turn on him or at least I wouldn't but i'm sure ther are alot of fans that will agree with me

Gariom

Mar 20, 2009
NO! Don't go! Why did it have to end like this!? At the very least find another site to host it on! I've watched this show from the day the first episode came out, and I'm very disappointed to see it go.

dcomproductions

Feb 23, 2009
this sucks, this is probably the end of season 3 also isn't it sir schmoopy? well, now my Thursdays suck again, thx rob

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Gariom said:
NO! Don't go! Why did it have to end like this!? At the very least find another site to host it on! I've watched this show from the day the first episode came out, and I'm very disappointed to see it go.

He didn't put it on hiatus because he doesn't have a site. He still has urealms.com.

Still, this whole episode shows what made the show crappy - how many things happened in the adventure, 2? Shmoopy's pig got eaten and they met an optical illusion. Giant meh.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Souplex said:
Did the stairs disappear at 1:35?
yes they did. maybe it's symbolic, how there's little chance of Rob getting back to play Unforgotten Realms. or maybe he just made a mistake.

GuitarMonkey5180

Jul 17, 2009
If it has to go, then it has to go.
I've been watching this show evolve since the Original Episode 3 first came out years ago and I've watched it evolve (or digivolve) into the Unforgotten Realms it is today. If this is the end, its the end, and we can always remember it. Its up to us now. If Rob's situation gets better and he can get some spare cash and time and can afford it, maybe we may get an episode every now and then in the future, but if this is the end now, this is how it has to be.

Cama Zots, if you really think its so easy, go make your show and have it be as amazing as this show, and do it all by yourself, see if you can meet the deadlines and stress Rob puts up with and the selfish and anoying critics that dont know anything, just like you, every day on every episode. Go ahead and do it.

I will buy the DVD as I've been planning on doing since i first found out from the podcasts about the idea of having a DVD. I hope this show will continue on one day. As for this website, I have no more use for it except watching old episodes now.

Active viewer of Unforgotten Realms since Original Episode 3
GuitarMonkey5180

"I wanna cast a spell...."
Sir Schmoopy of Awsometon

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Tempest Fennac said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Tempest Fennac said:
Do you have any information on what Rob's version was like at all? If you do, please could I see it?
it was an MMO of sorts. its info was based solely on podcasts which are gone now.

mcmar

Jun 28, 2009
aaw man this made me so sad to see the picture of Mike on urealms
this show is actually the only reason I even came to escapist at first, and I had many enjoyable days of watching the first two seasons, and then watching the rest as they came out, but now my thursdays will be less enjoyable
Is there a specific reason for stopping the show or is it just how life is and you don't want to talk about it?
Sad notes aside, I liked how Rob's mom called him schmoopykins; it was a good touch.
But remember that I always loved this show and still will even if it never starts again. Thanks for the laughs and have fun doing whatever!

Gariom

Mar 20, 2009
Abedeus said:
Gariom said:

He didn't put it on hiatus because he doesn't have a site. He still has urealms.com.

Still, this whole episode shows what made the show crappy - how many things happened in the adventure, 2? Shmoopy's pig got eaten and they met an optical illusion. Giant meh.
Each episode builds on the story a little more. How did only two things happen? Rob is going to summer camp, as well, the town of Cogswell (or Codswell, I don't know) hasn't been built yet and it's up to Nailo to do so.

And by "host it on another site" I meant one that will pay him for his work.

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
0.o......that's it? No more UR on the escapist? ...uh...wow, and...damn, and, uh...wow. This was what prompted me to actually join, so it's sad to see it go. I'll be sure to check urealms.com. (My first post was on Episode 26: The One with James Bond in it.)

mr.goodbar779

Aug 30, 2009
wow people you cant get it in your head its a joke just go to urealms.com click on the letter at the bottom and it takes you to the real thing and near the top is a box explaning how its a joke

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
If he is really not going to be on the escapist anymore I'll be pissed.

RichardLee

May 15, 2008
mr.goodbar779 said:
wow people you cant get it in your head its a joke just go to urealms.com click on the letter at the bottom and it takes you to the real thing and near the top is a box explaning how its a joke
Your wrong, you need to read the whole paragraph not just the first few lines, this is no joke. Here is what Rob says about it on urealms.com

Rob said:
Now that I'm jobless... HAR HAR

That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon.
There where only two reasons why I visit the escapist, Zero Punctuation and Unforgotten Realms, now i'm down to just one. This is a big loss for the site.

I am a large fan of unforgotten realms, and have followed it ever since the original ep's appeared on newgrounds.com. I am saddened to see it end so abruptly. But what makes this feel worse for me, is that we haven't been given any reasons why.

No warning, just all of a sudden we recieve an end part way through the season. We didn't even know the show was in trouble until now.

It's an unusual way to treat the fans by keeping them in the dark like this.

It also makes me wonder, maybe buying a DVD might help out, and rob might start producing the shows again (but this is not at all guaranteed). But we dont even know the level of DVD sales that are needed before the show would restart.

But lets just assume that the show does kick off again, whats to stop him just dropping it all again later? Nothing at all is my guess. I dont like the idea of purchasing a DVD of past shows with only the potential that it may lead to new shows.

I'd much rather pay directly towards the creation of new episodes, maybe through some form of membership scheme. Then at least there would be some pressure on Rob to want to produce new shows, because people have paid money for them. If such a system comes into existance, I shall support it, but I won't be buying the DVD's.

TheCube

Apr 16, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
TheCube said:

Quote from the site:
The joke was HAR HAR IM JOBLESS, not the main page you goof. I also love you and want to have your babies.
Ah sorry, I misinterpreted the context I guess. Still definitely getting a dvd though, are the dvds going to be re-rendered into 720p, 1080p or are they staying at the quality in which they were posted on the Escapist? Also will there be special features such as commentary that makes the creator look like a douche, similar to what was done in Arby and the Chief (except he didn't release a dvd, the commentary was posted on youtube)?

Also, if you want to remove that border from around the note image (add on either side):

a href="http://www.link.com/">

</a

Or if you never want borders, throw this in your style sheet:

img
{ border-style: none;
}

I would give you the code for the actual image but I'm lazy...

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
Well... after looking at his site idk if he can or can't keep going, I suppose it really depends on how many people buy the DvDs

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
TheCube said:
SirSchmoopy said:
TheCube said:

Quote from the site:
The joke was HAR HAR IM JOBLESS, not the main page you goof. I also love you and want to have your babies.
Ah sorry, I misinterpreted the context I guess. Still definitely getting a dvd though, are the dvds going to be re-rendered into 720p, 1080p or are they staying at the quality in which they were posted on the Escapist? Also will there be special features such as commentary that makes the creator look like a douche, similar to what was done in Arby and the Chief (except he didn't release a dvd, the commentary was posted on youtube)?
Here's a quote from the UR forums by Rob (AKA SirSchmoopy) for you:

SirSchmoopy said:
Haha well I know it would get to some of you fans as much as it got to me making it. I think thats most likely good marketting

I am still in the fine details of pounding out what will be on the DVD but so far here is the currently what the DVD Consists of.

• [li]2 DVD in a single double side CD Case. [/li]
    [li]Episodes 1 to 12 or rather the entire season of Unforgotten Realms[/li]
    [li]Episode 1 to 12 commentary, two hours of me simply rambling, pausing the DVD doing Madden style pictures and comments telling you all the special little stories and events that happend during the making of the first season.[/li]
    [li]A Roamin never before seen the Paladin cartoon. (This one is still in the works, it's either a semi long 10 to 15 minute cartoon or three smaller ones broken up)[/li]
    [li]Lore and History video. For those of you to completely geek out over, I have a presentation that covers all the inner workings of the places visted in season one and talk about more indept about some things I just leave to the imagination but have written down on paper. Learn about my version of "Kobolds" a bit more. See a detailled map of the world where Sir Schmoopy and co visited. Learn the back stories of all your favorite characters. This might even be broken up into a couple pieces. [/li]
    [li]The Making of UR. You get to see me in a day in a life from the writing process I typically do, to the audio recording and animation (Oh noes I finally give away some of the REAL tools I secretly use) all in a entertaining package. (This feature is planned to be worked on and is still in the "Want to do it but will see" category.[/li]
    [li]Unforgotten Quest History. Long have I kept the secret of the Unforgotten Realms game hush hush, teasing the fans until it gets to a more complete state. Because of this the game has been created and remade over a dozen times and theres a lot to show off and talk about. (The Preorder copies and copies that help revive the show may or may not come with a special Key for the future Beta WINK) [/li]

As for the price I am still working on the finer details but I believe the current price I am looking at is 29.99+Shipping. Remember though that you are not just buying a DVD, you are putting your down payment for future episodes and even if I can't sell enough to keep doing this full time, I'll make sure that I pay back every penny you guys give me. Anyway put all this in STONE yet. A lot can change over the next month so just give me some time to iron out the details. (I'm trying not to rush this but time is against me).
Also in June he mentioned something 720p resolution, but I'm not sure if that have changed. For more information I suggest you check out the Unforgotten Forums [http://www.urealms.com/forums/index.php] .

tmlevine9

Jul 16, 2009
No
The topic of what Rob posted said he was out of a job and then he says he was joking and that he has another harder job

I'm gonna miss this show

I CAST FLARE!

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
tmlevine9 said:
No
The topic of what Rob posted said he was out of a job and then he says he was joking and that he has another harder job

I'm gonna miss this show

I CAST FLARE!
You didn't read anything he wrote at all did you? The harder job he was talking about was the sale of DVDs and generally to keep Unforgotten Realms going while it's on hold. And site updates finally.

ccdistancerunner

Sep 11, 2008
I just want to know why he can't make anymore for the Escapist? Does the Escapist think that the quality is slipping?

Aug 30, 2009
huh......oh well.....everyone that watch this show, i believe that you can save this show but alas, i can't. i cant pay for the dvd so that is why i am going to wish that you post "BUY THE DVD" in big huge letters,

and it's not the end for ever, just for a long while,

what makes me more sad about this is that he never gave warning never he could have reported on www.urealms.com to warn us of the end on escapist.

still everyone for me and rob......buy the dvd

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
Balthassar said:
Wow, can't believe the series is over... forever...
Wow, wow, wow, wow. It's only forever if we don't buy the DVD. And even then it's probably not completely gone.

Drakmeire

Jul 5, 2020
Country
United States
great episode! loved the vanishing staircase that only mike noticed.
R.I.P Captain Tinkertongue (2009-2009)
and how does the new season work exactly? did he just leave the site so he can have less strict deadlines?

mr.goodbar779

Aug 30, 2009
RichardLee said:
mr.goodbar779 said:
Your wrong, you need to read the whole paragraph not just the first few lines, this is no joke. Here is what Rob says about it on urealms.com

Rob said:
Now that I'm jobless... HAR HAR

That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon.
There where only two reasons why I visit the escapist, Zero Punctuation and Unforgotten Realms, now i'm down to just one. This is a big loss for the site.

I am a large fan of unforgotten realms, and have followed it ever since the original ep's appeared on newgrounds.com. I am saddened to see it end so abruptly. But what makes this feel worse for me, is that we haven't been given any reasons why.

No warning, just all of a sudden we recieve an end part way through the season. We didn't even know the show was in trouble until now.

It's an unusual way to treat the fans by keeping them in the dark like this.

It also makes me wonder, maybe buying a DVD might help out, and rob might start producing the shows again (but this is not at all guaranteed). But we dont even know the level of DVD sales that are needed before the show would restart.

But lets just assume that the show does kick off again, whats to stop him just dropping it all again later? Nothing at all is my guess. I dont like the idea of purchasing a DVD of past shows with only the potential that it may lead to new shows.

I'd much rather pay directly towards the creation of new episodes, maybe through some form of membership scheme. Then at least there would be some pressure on Rob to want to produce new shows, because people have paid money for them. If such a system comes into existance, I shall support it, but I won't be buying the DVD's.