Unforgotten Realms: Episode 46: Stylish and Delicious

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
0.o......that's it? No more UR on the escapist? ...uh...wow, and...damn, and, uh...wow. This was what prompted me to actually join, so it's sad to see it go. I'll be sure to check urealms.com. (My first post was on Episode 26: The One with James Bond in it.)

mr.goodbar779

Aug 30, 2009
wow people you cant get it in your head its a joke just go to urealms.com click on the letter at the bottom and it takes you to the real thing and near the top is a box explaning how its a joke

RichardLee

May 15, 2008
mr.goodbar779 said:
wow people you cant get it in your head its a joke just go to urealms.com click on the letter at the bottom and it takes you to the real thing and near the top is a box explaning how its a joke
Your wrong, you need to read the whole paragraph not just the first few lines, this is no joke. Here is what Rob says about it on urealms.com

Rob said:
Now that I'm jobless... HAR HAR

That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon.
There where only two reasons why I visit the escapist, Zero Punctuation and Unforgotten Realms, now i'm down to just one. This is a big loss for the site.

I am a large fan of unforgotten realms, and have followed it ever since the original ep's appeared on newgrounds.com. I am saddened to see it end so abruptly. But what makes this feel worse for me, is that we haven't been given any reasons why.

No warning, just all of a sudden we recieve an end part way through the season. We didn't even know the show was in trouble until now.

It's an unusual way to treat the fans by keeping them in the dark like this.

It also makes me wonder, maybe buying a DVD might help out, and rob might start producing the shows again (but this is not at all guaranteed). But we dont even know the level of DVD sales that are needed before the show would restart.

But lets just assume that the show does kick off again, whats to stop him just dropping it all again later? Nothing at all is my guess. I dont like the idea of purchasing a DVD of past shows with only the potential that it may lead to new shows.

I'd much rather pay directly towards the creation of new episodes, maybe through some form of membership scheme. Then at least there would be some pressure on Rob to want to produce new shows, because people have paid money for them. If such a system comes into existance, I shall support it, but I won't be buying the DVD's.

TheCube

Apr 16, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
TheCube said:
Good thing it's a joke HAR HAR!
I'm surprised that people don't click on clickable things anymore, I mean this is the internet we are speaking of here folks! Just click on the flash animation at the top or the letter itself at the bottom and it will bring you to the real site, http://www.urealms.com/index2.html .

Quote from the site:
"That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon."
The joke was HAR HAR IM JOBLESS, not the main page you goof. I also love you and want to have your babies.
Ah sorry, I misinterpreted the context I guess. Still definitely getting a dvd though, are the dvds going to be re-rendered into 720p, 1080p or are they staying at the quality in which they were posted on the Escapist? Also will there be special features such as commentary that makes the creator look like a douche, similar to what was done in Arby and the Chief (except he didn't release a dvd, the commentary was posted on youtube)?

Also, if you want to remove that border from around the note image (add on either side):

a href="http://www.link.com/">

</a

Or if you never want borders, throw this in your style sheet:

img
{ border-style: none;
}

I would give you the code for the actual image but I'm lazy...

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
Well... after looking at his site idk if he can or can't keep going, I suppose it really depends on how many people buy the DvDs

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
TheCube said:
SirSchmoopy said:
TheCube said:
Good thing it's a joke HAR HAR!
I'm surprised that people don't click on clickable things anymore, I mean this is the internet we are speaking of here folks! Just click on the flash animation at the top or the letter itself at the bottom and it will bring you to the real site, http://www.urealms.com/index2.html .

Quote from the site:
"That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon."
The joke was HAR HAR IM JOBLESS, not the main page you goof. I also love you and want to have your babies.
Ah sorry, I misinterpreted the context I guess. Still definitely getting a dvd though, are the dvds going to be re-rendered into 720p, 1080p or are they staying at the quality in which they were posted on the Escapist? Also will there be special features such as commentary that makes the creator look like a douche, similar to what was done in Arby and the Chief (except he didn't release a dvd, the commentary was posted on youtube)?
Here's a quote from the UR forums by Rob (AKA SirSchmoopy) for you:

SirSchmoopy said:
Haha well I know it would get to some of you fans as much as it got to me making it. I think thats most likely good marketting

I am still in the fine details of pounding out what will be on the DVD but so far here is the currently what the DVD Consists of.

• [li]2 DVD in a single double side CD Case. [/li]
    [li]Episodes 1 to 12 or rather the entire season of Unforgotten Realms[/li]
    [li]Episode 1 to 12 commentary, two hours of me simply rambling, pausing the DVD doing Madden style pictures and comments telling you all the special little stories and events that happend during the making of the first season.[/li]
    [li]A Roamin never before seen the Paladin cartoon. (This one is still in the works, it's either a semi long 10 to 15 minute cartoon or three smaller ones broken up)[/li]
    [li]Lore and History video. For those of you to completely geek out over, I have a presentation that covers all the inner workings of the places visted in season one and talk about more indept about some things I just leave to the imagination but have written down on paper. Learn about my version of "Kobolds" a bit more. See a detailled map of the world where Sir Schmoopy and co visited. Learn the back stories of all your favorite characters. This might even be broken up into a couple pieces. [/li]
    [li]The Making of UR. You get to see me in a day in a life from the writing process I typically do, to the audio recording and animation (Oh noes I finally give away some of the REAL tools I secretly use) all in a entertaining package. (This feature is planned to be worked on and is still in the "Want to do it but will see" category.[/li]
    [li]Unforgotten Quest History. Long have I kept the secret of the Unforgotten Realms game hush hush, teasing the fans until it gets to a more complete state. Because of this the game has been created and remade over a dozen times and theres a lot to show off and talk about. (The Preorder copies and copies that help revive the show may or may not come with a special Key for the future Beta WINK) [/li]

As for the price I am still working on the finer details but I believe the current price I am looking at is 29.99+Shipping. Remember though that you are not just buying a DVD, you are putting your down payment for future episodes and even if I can't sell enough to keep doing this full time, I'll make sure that I pay back every penny you guys give me. Anyway put all this in STONE yet. A lot can change over the next month so just give me some time to iron out the details. (I'm trying not to rush this but time is against me).
Also in June he mentioned something 720p resolution, but I'm not sure if that have changed. For more information I suggest you check out the Unforgotten Forums [http://www.urealms.com/forums/index.php] .

tmlevine9

Jul 16, 2009
No
The topic of what Rob posted said he was out of a job and then he says he was joking and that he has another harder job

I'm gonna miss this show

I CAST FLARE!

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
tmlevine9 said:
No
The topic of what Rob posted said he was out of a job and then he says he was joking and that he has another harder job

I'm gonna miss this show

I CAST FLARE!
You didn't read anything he wrote at all did you? The harder job he was talking about was the sale of DVDs and generally to keep Unforgotten Realms going while it's on hold. And site updates finally.

ccdistancerunner

Sep 11, 2008
I just want to know why he can't make anymore for the Escapist? Does the Escapist think that the quality is slipping?

Aug 30, 2009
huh......oh well.....everyone that watch this show, i believe that you can save this show but alas, i can't. i cant pay for the dvd so that is why i am going to wish that you post "BUY THE DVD" in big huge letters,

and it's not the end for ever, just for a long while,

what makes me more sad about this is that he never gave warning never he could have reported on www.urealms.com to warn us of the end on escapist.

still everyone for me and rob......buy the dvd

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
Balthassar said:
Wow, can't believe the series is over... forever...
Wow, wow, wow, wow. It's only forever if we don't buy the DVD. And even then it's probably not completely gone.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
great episode! loved the vanishing staircase that only mike noticed.
R.I.P Captain Tinkertongue (2009-2009)
and how does the new season work exactly? did he just leave the site so he can have less strict deadlines?