Unforgotten Realms: Episode 46: Stylish and Delicious

mr.goodbar779

Aug 30, 2009
RichardLee said:
mr.goodbar779 said:
wow people you cant get it in your head its a joke just go to urealms.com click on the letter at the bottom and it takes you to the real thing and near the top is a box explaning how its a joke
Your wrong, you need to read the whole paragraph not just the first few lines, this is no joke. Here is what Rob says about it on urealms.com

Rob said:
Now that I'm jobless... HAR HAR

That was a joke. I have a bigger and harder job then I did two weeks ago trying to keep this internet video business ship a float. Unforgotten Realms episodes will be on hold until we reach a certain amount of DVDs sells to let me finish this season and the next! However this will give me some time to get this site up to date and work on some other Urealms projects I been cooking up for some time now. I been saying that for a couple months now huh? Oh well don't be too sad about the front page, I'm sure you guys will come through in the end. I BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITY TO PURCHSE THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Anyway, more information about the DVD coming in the next week or so, just give me a minute to fix up this website! See you soon.
There where only two reasons why I visit the escapist, Zero Punctuation and Unforgotten Realms, now i'm down to just one. This is a big loss for the site.

I am a large fan of unforgotten realms, and have followed it ever since the original ep's appeared on newgrounds.com. I am saddened to see it end so abruptly. But what makes this feel worse for me, is that we haven't been given any reasons why.

No warning, just all of a sudden we recieve an end part way through the season. We didn't even know the show was in trouble until now.

It's an unusual way to treat the fans by keeping them in the dark like this.

It also makes me wonder, maybe buying a DVD might help out, and rob might start producing the shows again (but this is not at all guaranteed). But we dont even know the level of DVD sales that are needed before the show would restart.

But lets just assume that the show does kick off again, whats to stop him just dropping it all again later? Nothing at all is my guess. I dont like the idea of purchasing a DVD of past shows with only the potential that it may lead to new shows.

I'd much rather pay directly towards the creation of new episodes, maybe through some form of membership scheme. Then at least there would be some pressure on Rob to want to produce new shows, because people have paid money for them. If such a system comes into existance, I shall support it, but I won't be buying the DVD's.
dude i think your the one who misinterpreted he said he'll put the series on HOLD until he made enough money of DVDs and Finished updating the site.Oh and also i read the whole paragrah im not dumb

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
RichardLee said:
I'd much rather pay directly towards the creation of new episodes, maybe through some form of membership scheme. Then at least there would be some pressure on Rob to want to produce new shows, because people have paid money for them. If such a system comes into existance, I shall support it, but I won't be buying the DVD's.
You must not be able to read through the lines.

I have bills I need to be able to pay off. If enough fans are interested in buying the DVD (and compared to the views this series gets it's less then 5% of those fans that would be required to buy a DVD) I will have to get another job. If I get another job this goes back to being a hobby for me and when it's a hobby then I'm not inclined to do episodes faster then at the rate of "In my spare time.

Assuming I can aqquire the funds from the fans to continue the show, you can expect me to release episodes as enough as I have so on Escapist. I have no reason to NOT make episodes because if I did, people would forget about the show completely. Even at this very moment I am working on episodes on and off while getting my site and the DVD up and running so that when I am confident that there is enough support from the fans to take the risk of not picking up another job and continuing on this full time then nothing will change except for the fact you would visit urealms.com to see new episodes.

Why didn't I come out and directly say this before? Because I thought I did. I thought it was very clear what I was trying to get across on the front page of urealms.com, the fans are now in charge of supporting the show and if that happens, were set. A bunch of you come here and act like I'm selling out or trying to rip people off but I have been doing this as a "Career" even before the Escapist. Before the Escapist this business model WAS the model I was using for driving the show. Sell enough DVDs, we keep making more.

This isn't buy enough of season one. This is a trend. Every 6 to 8 months, i'll have the last seasons DVD and I'll be pushing to sell it. You want a subscription method? This is it but you get a DVD as well. Either way even if I don't sell a DVD I plan on finishing this season of Unforgotten Realms since I have the scripts all done and most of the audio recorded. Some of you are making me out to be an evil money grubbing animator and trust me, if I was an evil money grubbing animator, you would know it. I would tell you and laugh at you all while I scourge Mc duck myself in a room full of canuck five dollar bills but unfortunately I'm not, I'm a guy who has rent and food bills to cover and am in a very fickle and volatile internet business. Don't say you are going to support the show then immediately say "But not if this or that happens" because you totally missed the point.

With that said I'd like to strongly urge any of you with a voice or opinion to take it to the urealms.com/forums. This will be my last post here on the Escapist as I can't keep coming back here to correct all the misinformation forever! If your looking for a response to a question, take it to our forums to make a post, PM me or even email me at [email protected].

I know most of the anger in this thread comes from the fact some of you are sadden that the show is in bad shape right now. I apologize but it was not up to me to decide to course of action, it was what needed to happen in ORDER for it to continue. I'm not here asking you to understand the reasoning why the show is gone, I'm here asking you to see how the show can continue.

Thanks.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Killed, skinned and eated.. Poor pig.

Edit: Forgot to read most of the posts. Good luck to you and hopefully enough fans will be able to support your hobby (and our entertainment).

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
nyuuuuuu you can't leave Unforgotten Realms hanging in balance! D: has The Escapist fired you or something??? what happened???

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
You must not be able to read through the lines.

I have bills I need to be able to pay off. If enough fans are interested in buying the DVD (and compared to the views this series gets it's less then 5% of those fans that would be required to buy a DVD) I will have to get another job. If I get another job this goes back to being a hobby for me and when it's a hobby then I'm not inclined to do episodes faster then at the rate of "In my spare time.

Assuming I can aqquire the funds from the fans to continue the show, you can expect me to release episodes as enough as I have so on Escapist. I have no reason to NOT make episodes because if I did, people would forget about the show completely. Even at this very moment I am working on episodes on and off while getting my site and the DVD up and running so that when I am confident that there is enough support from the fans to take the risk of not picking up another job and continuing on this full time then nothing will change except for the fact you would visit urealms.com to see new episodes.

Why didn't I come out and directly say this before? Because I thought I did. I thought it was very clear what I was trying to get across on the front page of urealms.com, the fans are now in charge of supporting the show and if that happens, were set. A bunch of you come here and act like I'm selling out or trying to rip people off but I have been doing this as a "Career" even before the Escapist. Before the Escapist this business model WAS the model I was using for driving the show. Sell enough DVDs, we keep making more.

This isn't buy enough of season one. This is a trend. Every 6 to 8 months, i'll have the last seasons DVD and I'll be pushing to sell it. You want a subscription method? This is it but you get a DVD as well. Either way even if I don't sell a DVD I plan on finishing this season of Unforgotten Realms since I have the scripts all done and most of the audio recorded. Some of you are making me out to be an evil money grubbing animator and trust me, if I was an evil money grubbing animator, you would know it. I would tell you and laugh at you all while I scourge Mc duck myself in a room full of canuck five dollar bills but unfortunately I'm not, I'm a guy who has rent and food bills to cover and am in a very fickle and volatile internet business. Don't say you are going to support the show then immediately say "But not if this or that happens" because you totally missed the point.

With that said I'd like to strongly urge any of you with a voice or opinion to take it to the urealms.com/forums. This will be my last post here on the Escapist as I can't keep coming back here to correct all the misinformation forever! If your looking for a response to a question, take it to our forums to make a post, PM me or even email me at [email protected].

I know most of the anger in this thread comes from the fact some of you are sadden that the show is in bad shape right now. I apologize but it was not up to me to decide to course of action, it was what needed to happen in ORDER for it to continue. I'm not here asking you to understand the reasoning why the show is gone, I'm here asking you to see how the show can continue.

Thanks.
That sounds a lot better; in fact, it sounds like the series has a very good chance of surviving. I would have bought a DVD anyways and knowing that the money goes towards the production of new episodes(and is not spent on alcohol or anything) just encourages me even more to do so.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
when i get money (im in highschool, it takes a while to get a job) ill try to buy MULTIPLE COPIES of the dvd, i love this show more than 4 year olds love to scream into a headset mics,and ill be damned if this show ends

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Eh, see you later, Rob. I didn't enjoy all of UR, but what was good was definitely very good. I wish you well.

nate30030

Nov 21, 2008
NOOOO!! It barely lasted 2 seasons! :'(

btw, can u pay for the dvds with cash? cuz i donts gots no credit cards :(

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
aww... well I can see why it was pulled from the escapist but I had hopes for it getting good again.

ionicdisturbance

Sep 11, 2009
nate30030 said:
NOOOO!! It barely lasted 2 seasons! :'(

btw, can u pay for the dvds with cash? cuz i donts gots no credit cards :(
I use these prepaid gift cards I pick up in a store - it's more expensive (a few bucks canadian to activate over top of what you are paying i.e. $28 for a $25 card) but at least it is an alternative, particularly if paypal doesn't recognize your bank account.

on topic, I plan on supporting Rob's venture. My gaming group relies on UR to lighten the mood after a harsh session of me repeatedly TPKing them.

S-Unleashed

May 14, 2009
DevelopedMilk said:
i have almost no reason to ever return to the escapist now =[ details on the dvd soone! il miss you schmoopy
Same but I got a fic here and I have nowhere to go.

RichardLee

May 15, 2008
Thanks for the additional info SirSchmoopy, I think I now better understand the situation. If buying a dvd will really help you out that much, then I will purchase one when it comes out.

LiveAndKill

Oct 9, 2009
To be honest the series started out well...
.. the last season seemed like lazy work and had more intro/outro then actual video time.
The story just went down hill and it doesn't surprise me they're dumping this series. If the author had put more thought and time/effort into his later work this might not have happened.

smothegrim

Jul 20, 2009
Please in the name of all thats good keep UR going rob, ive been watching it since the classics :(