Unforgotten Realms: Episode 46: Stylish and Delicious

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
So when you say this week is all an illusion you mean that you ARE going to continue the series right? I hope so. Even tho my brain is trying to make me believe what i WANT. AND EVERYONE ELSE!

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
IWCAS said:
So when you say this week is all an illusion you mean that you ARE going to continue the series right? I hope so. Even tho my brain is trying to make me believe what i WANT. AND EVERYONE ELSE!
I think the name is just a reference to the "person vanishes because they are supposedly an optical illusion" joke. Also, Rob said in post 249 of this thread that he wouldn't be posting here anymore.

Balthassar

Feb 27, 2009
Peacey said:
Balthassar said:
Wow, can't believe the series is over... forever...
Wow, wow, wow, wow. It's only forever if we don't buy the DVD. And even then it's probably not completely gone.
I can be melodramatic if I want. I'll probably buy the DVD anyway.

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
for those who havent already seen this Sir Schmoopy posted this on his forum (urealms.com):

I am still in the fine details of pounding out what will be on the DVD but so far here is the currently what the DVD Consists of.

* 2 DVD in a single double side CD Case.
* Episodes 1 to 12 or rather the entire season of Unforgotten Realms
* Episode 1 to 12 commentary, two hours of me simply rambling, pausing the DVD doing Madden style pictures and comments telling you all the special little stories and events that happend during the making of the first season.
* A Roamin never before seen the Paladin cartoon. (This one is still in the works, it's either a semi long 10 to 15 minute cartoon or three smaller ones broken up)
* Lore and History video. For those of you to completely geek out over, I have a presentation that covers all the inner workings of the places visted in season one and talk about more indept about some things I just leave to the imagination but have written down on paper. Learn about my version of "Kobolds" a bit more. See a detailled map of the world where Sir Schmoopy and co visited. Learn the back stories of all your favorite characters. This might even be broken up into a couple pieces.
* The Making of UR. You get to see me in a day in a life from the writing process I typically do, to the audio recording and animation (Oh noes I finally give away some of the REAL tools I secretly use) all in a entertaining package. (This feature is planned to be worked on and is still in the "Want to do it but will see" category.
* Unforgotten Quest History. Long have I kept the secret of the Unforgotten Realms game hush hush, teasing the fans until it gets to a more complete state. Because of this the game has been created and remade over a dozen times and theres a lot to show off and talk about. (The Preorder copies and copies that help revive the show may or may not come with a special Key for the future Beta WINK)

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
Tempest Fennac said:
IWCAS said:
I think the name is just a reference to the "person vanishes because they are supposedly an optical illusion" joke. Also, Rob said in post 249 of this thread that he wouldn't be posting here anymore.
yeah i know. I very sad so i don't know what to do with my computer anymore.

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
Shadowsin375 said:
for those who havent already seen this Sir Schmoopy posted this on his forum (urealms.com):

I am still in the fine details of pounding out what will be on the DVD but so far here is the currently what the DVD Consists of.

* 2 DVD in a single double side CD Case.
* Episodes 1 to 12 or rather the entire season of Unforgotten Realms
* Episode 1 to 12 commentary, two hours of me simply rambling, pausing the DVD doing Madden style pictures and comments telling you all the special little stories and events that happend during the making of the first season.
* A Roamin never before seen the Paladin cartoon. (This one is still in the works, it's either a semi long 10 to 15 minute cartoon or three smaller ones broken up)
* Lore and History video. For those of you to completely geek out over, I have a presentation that covers all the inner workings of the places visted in season one and talk about more indept about some things I just leave to the imagination but have written down on paper. Learn about my version of "Kobolds" a bit more. See a detailled map of the world where Sir Schmoopy and co visited. Learn the back stories of all your favorite characters. This might even be broken up into a couple pieces.
* The Making of UR. You get to see me in a day in a life from the writing process I typically do, to the audio recording and animation (Oh noes I finally give away some of the REAL tools I secretly use) all in a entertaining package. (This feature is planned to be worked on and is still in the "Want to do it but will see" category.
* Unforgotten Quest History. Long have I kept the secret of the Unforgotten Realms game hush hush, teasing the fans until it gets to a more complete state. Because of this the game has been created and remade over a dozen times and theres a lot to show off and talk about. (The Preorder copies and copies that help revive the show may or may not come with a special Key for the future Beta WINK)
that sounds pretty cool

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
goodbye unofrgottten realms, i watched every episode from the first one! i remember when you came to the site. it was nice having you here, good luck in all your ventures. hopefully youll get enough money from the dvds to keep making the show. ill check your site on occasion to keep in touch! bye and thanks!

Gobolo

Jun 24, 2009
Enough about the last episode on the escapist! We have a mystery of the stairs to find out. How are they supposed to get out of the basement now?

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Hmm this'l probabbly go unanswered so long after the vid went up but here goes what Is going on with gaary's lips while he's wearing pig helmet he has 2 sets one inside and one outside

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
outcast_within said:
http://urealms.com/dvdroad/dvdroad.html
we are so doomed
I keep getting a "Cannot be Displayed" message when I try to view that page (it initially comes up for half a second before vanishing). What does it say exactly?

EDIT: I can view it using Opera (I just saw Rob's Explorer comment on the home page).

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
Tempest Fennac said:
outcast_within said:
http://urealms.com/dvdroad/dvdroad.html
we are so doomed
I keep getting a "Cannot be Displayed" message when I try to view that page (it initially comes up for half a second before vanishing). What does it say exactly?

EDIT: I can view it using Opera (I just saw Rob's Explorer comment on the home page).
It shows a gameboard with around 50 steps with the end showing enough sales of the 30$ dvd. Currently i think they stand at step number 3. This is a couple of weeks after the show ended at the escapist and the topic was "hot"
Now people are slowly forgetting about a small charming movie snack called urealms and already moved on. I highly doubt he will even reach his halfway point without changing some parameters.

I really think this businessplan for this kind of product doesn't make any sense.

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
outcast_within said:
I really think this businessplan for this kind of product doesn't make any sense.
You mean because of it relying on people who may not be big enough fans to buy the DVD, right?

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
Tempest Fennac said:
outcast_within said:
You mean because of it relying on people who may not be big enough fans to buy the DVD, right?
This show wasn't pure genius. It was a funny short every other week or so.
It got a lot of viewers because it featured on a site which had other funny stuff. The product: a funny, not briljant budget short film that released whenever for free on a site you already visited for other reasons.
To extract that show from the main portal, causing it to lose a whole lot of exposure is already not very positive for the number of viewers of the show. But also to rely the continuance of the show on people forking up money for something they previously got for free and on the convenience of this portal.
It's just not very logical.

Sneakers

Jul 10, 2008
Nooooo! Not the end! This series rocked! So dang funny! Now I have no reason to return to this site anymore. Are you going to release all the episodes on DVD? I'd love to get the episodes to watch over and over again, get to download them or something.

podrain34

May 9, 2009
i really hope you keep making the series, i cant help but watch the series over and over again while me and my friends play WoW, DnD, or even ping pong.

love the show, just pre ordered 3 copies of the season 1 dvd!!!!

whatdoyouthink

Nov 4, 2009
i have a theory... in the tower of ultimate wizardry, fourth floor, with the giant talking head, it said that if he got the last question wrong, he would send them back to the past, sir schmoopy got it wrong, so they were sent to the past first, and then went through a teleporter on the roof