Unforgotten Realms: Episode Eight: Chicken Salad Sandwich

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Truthfully, I didn't care for it as much as previous episodes... they seem to just stand around a lot more lately...

although romain telling gary that he's going to hit him in the chicken salad sandwich was sublime

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Insane Guy of DOOM post=6.69208.652903 said:
Finally! Timmy the Evil and Professor Walrus return!
I was wondering whether they would sooner than later.

Great show, Rob! Keep up the good work!

BGal510

Aug 22, 2008
This was... ok, but the other episodes from like 1-5ish really had a moving feeling, like they actually had a plot. Then... it just slowed down 10-fold and felt like it's going nowhere. Especially the whole "you just made me waste 7 episodes of my show on this stupid sideplot" line... Funny, but it actually kind of upset me a bit... and in these new episodes it seems like the characters are only in 1 or 2 screens per episode. I just thought that you would have a plot this second time around.

Ok.. now that I've killed a lot of your joy with my brutal honesty and what not let me just say, I love the show, but it's starting to bother me. :\

Dreadwins

Aug 22, 2008
The sound quality is crap!! (a better mic is needed perhaps?).
It also makes it harder to hear what Timmy the evil say due to the heavy echo or whatever.

Also what about some of the stuff from the old episodes.
Like the visit at the blacksmith and Schmoopy's attempt to charm the enchantress?
A remake would be awesome!

But despite all this, great episode!!

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
Because I don't know which forum Rob reads more (here or UL).

Wizard Spider FTW! please

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
This show is getting less and less funny with every episode that passes. It hardly moves anymore, like for the last 6 minute Romin, gary, Shmoopy all just stand around an bicker amongst each other.
repitition of the jokes is getting a little old as well.
I honeslty still can't stop laughing during the first two episodes, but since then man, it's taken quite a slide.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lolz, poor gary, dont punch him in the chicken salad sandwich XD
i love petey, he's my fav rat in the world ^-^
thanks for another great episode

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Love this series, i recognize the whole scenario. Not only once have i gotten stuck in a game of D&D where one person is dead serious and another thinks it's below him and doesn't really give a damn. It's humor at its best :D

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
I kind of agree with some that don't feel it is the best episode in history. I still felt it fed my urge to see new stuff long enough for the length of the episode. But after watching it, it doesn't feel like our protagonists are any closer to saving Sir Schmoopy's ailing grandmother. But that being said, that is good, I can't stand for a series to end. I would rather be put in cliff hanger after cliff hanger, than for them to get to the end and go yep.. thats it... see ya in a few months. I don't think I could wait months for a new episode. 2 weeks is like the most I can go without going insane.

And in an attempt to try to enlighten the masses not so versed in the ways of "UR", I have been trying to make a wiki page all about it. But evidently, the admins don't want a wiki page for it, as they keep deleting my page, or instantly flagging it locked or for deletion. In all fairness, the only thing i barrow was the episode descriptions from the main "UR" site. Well, a crawler saw that and deleted my page for plagiarism even though like 80 % of the page was me using my own descriptions for things. But basically, it appears that Wiki is a total *****.. and should be slayed! I understand the first blocking... okay I barrowed some text.. but after that, no matter WHAT I put up, they would delete it within a minute. FREAKING BOARD TROLLS!!! But makes it worse is that they think they are doing justice's work.. when it is really the other way around. So I say... SCREW YOU WIKI ... grrr....

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
Wow.. somehow I either overlooked the page or someone one here read this and got a page started. Either way, check out the Wiki here :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DoeEyes/Unforgotten_Realms#Characters

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
For the love of god why do ninjas keep taking my avatar.

Anyway, if you don't like the show don't watch it. If you don't like the revisits of jokes, don't watch it. If you don't like how episodes are done then don't watch it. What a lot of you fail to understand is that your opinion is just that, your opinion. It is not the majority nor do is it the right idea for me to listen or even take your suggestions. In fact even in this thread, the reasons for why people didn't like the episode are each completely different. Telling me I should "do this and this" only applies to you. I get some people who think its the best episode because they love the roamin and gaary arguements and then I get others who think the episode was boring because all they did was stand around. On the ogre episode I have people telling me it's a boring battle action episode and no story and I should do more jokes? I can't win. The worst is when what you say contridicts yourself, sorry to pick on you Syphonz, but you say the quality has gone down from episode one and two when the repetition of jokes were even higher then they were in this episode. This episode did what? Uhh Sorc School and...? Exactly :/

I might just have to stop reading opinions on the web because they are simply to random and all over the place, if you don't like the show man just don't watch it. It's impossible for me to please every single persons idea of "funny" so I simply do it by how I have always done it and do it by what I think is funny. So if you are going to come on here and say the show has gotten less and less funny like a tool, then just do me a favor and don't watch it.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
In my opinion the series is as good as it has ever been, and I still find it very funny.

Good job Rob, keep up the good work.

(Nice title by the way).