Unforgotten Realms: Episode One: The Remaking of Heroes

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Easykill said:
But why have the place callers not been banned?
Unforgotten Realms clearly has a devoted fan base who have joined the series at its new home at The Escapist. It'd be pretty damn rude to ban them all wholesale just for stopping by and saying hello. We can make an exception to the rules in a case like this. That's the great thing about rules; if you don't follow them blindly, they can actually be inspiring, rather than soul crushing.

And on that note: Welcome fans of Unforgotten Realms. I hope you enjoy our forums. Also, we typically ban folks for posting "FIRST!1!!!!" comments. Keep that in mind.

AndyPAAB

May 16, 2008
It sure was funny. But seriously. Not as funny as the original ones :( .. And whats up with the consant weirdo background music that does not fit to the situations? :/

Edit: By the way, the originals can be found at: http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/unforgottenrealms

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Unfortunately, I am having some trouble viewing it, as it doesn't seem to be streaming, if I had to hazard a guess, because the white bar at the bottom of the viewer stays the same size: tiny.

Just finished watching the latest ZP, so that runs fine. Different providers? Oh well, would have liked to see how this went, enjoyed watching the run of the previous series on NG (Newgrounds) and have been trying to keep appraised of the progress towards release. Was a pleasant surprise to see Escapist + UR, very cool, just too bad for me I guess.

Will check back and see if I get to watch it another time. :)

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I liked it, you guys have a lot of potential. It was ok, but you redeemed yourselves at 7:00 (when it started to get a little more original and it wasn't just arguing about the rules).

Ravric

May 16, 2008
Wow. That was pretty amazing. I made an account just to comment on it. I loved it. I was just made of pure awesomeness, and is a funny mockery of how Role-playing games sometimes actually turn out. Because I've played Dnd before with friends, one was like super serious like Mike, and another was a goof off like Rob. It actually sorta looked something like the cartoon. I'll say I really enjoyed this and hope we get more and it gets more awesome!

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Easykill said:
But why have the place callers not been banned?
Unforgotten Realms clearly has a devoted fan base who have joined the series at its new home at The Escapist. It'd be pretty damn rude to ban them all wholesale just for stopping by and saying hello. We can make an exception to the rules in a case like this. That's the great thing about rules; if you don't follow them blindly, they can actually be inspiring, rather than soul crushing.

And on that note: Welcome fans of Unforgotten Realms. I hope you enjoy our forums. Also, we typically ban folks for posting "FIRST!1!!!!" comments. Keep that in mind.

Apparently you can torquemada something.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
My resposne after watching this was: Ehhhh...
I've seen much better stuff in this genre. Take "DM of the Rings" for example. Now THAT was entertainment. This is too childish, overbearing, dull and I can't decide whether those cheap, clichéd punchlines are intentionally this stupid or not. No matter, they are not funny either way...

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, but I cannot seem to grasp that ROFL fun everybody is talking about. Maybe I'm too old for this, since I'm 23. I just go back to watch Zero Punctuation...

K.A.Z

May 18, 2008
Just want to see more and i feel its good that the escapist now has 2 shows worth watching. (and I know this is still a few months from now but i hope you get renued for a third and forth season)

Feb 13, 2008
Playbahnosh said:
Maybe I'm too old for this, since I'm 23. I just go back to watch Zero Punctuation...
Dude, I'm 1.5 times your age and I still find it squeamishly funny, perhaps because I GM'd for someone like that.

"So you've got 18 in ALL of your stats?"

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
_Nocturnal said:
High hopes for the series, but where's the fullscreen switch on the player?
Bad news: There isn't one.

Good news: we're coding our own player now, and it will include a fullscreen switch.

Sorry about the grief in the short term. We're switching over to a new service and the player they provided us is a bit lacking. New player soon. Promise.

Ed_Winchester

Nov 20, 2007
very nice me likes it, love the animation and the voice acting, however sometimes i find it hard to make out what the wizard guy is saying, he talks like he has a mouth full of cotton balls.

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
Telperion said:
My eyes, my ears, my head....there's nothing left to do, but commit horrible suicide after this. I feel like vomiting.
SILENCE you out-of-control LUMBERJACK!!