Unforgotten Realms: Episode One: The Remaking of Heroes

K.A.Z

May 18, 2008
Its good to see the escapist is spending some time finding new sereies insted of just mucking off of Yatzee forever.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Xwii360 said:
Can we at least have some constructive criticism instead of "OH gawd dis is shit phuck j00 n00bs m3 go to Zp now!" Seriously guys this is supposed to be an intelligent website so give constructive criticism don't just shit your half baked attempts at sounding somewhat like the malevolent assholes you aspire to be.
Sorry, you lost me at the underlined sections.

Okay, honest feedback, since you guys seem to be getting upset with my gut instinct reaction reply.

Here we go then...

- Not being able to find like-minded gamers is so 1980s, since you can make things happen online, if nothing else works. Maybe this joke worked fifteen years ago, but I find it to be old

- Commentary voice is annoying

- I found these gamer / jock archetypes frustrating and boring twenty years ago. Things haven't changed

- Making fun of a belowed hobby that has kept me sane and socially active for 20+ years. Yeah, good way to start.

- DMPC...good God. I thought we killed these things a decade ago?

- Shouting. It hurts my ears if I turn the sound on, but luckily the mute button is conveniently located in the media player

- Rules Lawering...like I need to be reminded of everything that is wrong with the game that I started out with

- The Jock's attitude towards the game is nostalgic to me. I suppose this could be called a good thing, if it didn't bring up any negative connotations like the dozens of guys who only played for a single session and never came back

- * yawn * So, we get to the next all-time favorite right after DMPCs: forcing a PC into taking an action(s) the player is not comfortable with

- The music? For some reason I don't usually listen to any background musics, so it must have been below painfully bad or else I would have complained about it

Okay, so to sum it all up: none of the jokes struck me as funny or entertaining. What they did do was remind me of a lot of frustrating / stupid things that life served up a long time ago.

I trust these comments have been to everyone's satisfaction.

llaunay

Apr 25, 2004
Fantastic.

My first DND sesh i did a NPC voice, i didnt understand >.<!

laughed my dice off.
xo

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Well, most of the jokes were rather weak (see the long post above this one), but in general it felt fun. I just hope the writing of the script will improve over the next segments. I'm keeping an eye on this!

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
i found this kinda hard to get into. maybe if id seen the origanal id of apreciated it more...

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
WOW the escapist actually got a new series that isn't total crap!
Well done, I thought this first episode was suberb and really look forward to the next one.

Slakah

May 21, 2008
firstly

- Making fun of a belowed hobby that has kept me sane and socially active for 20+ years. Yeah, good way to start.
Its a parody, it's to be expected that its going to poke fun at DnD. It's a crazy concept I know. (if anything UR is taking the mess out of Rob, not DnD)

anyway
I liked it, it was fun, random and funny which reminds me of Family Guy. Keep up the good work.

billabo

May 29, 2008
Oh man! This is so awesome! I really like this! I hope it stays on The Escapist!

ahem. *whispers*: ok are the Escapist "keep or throw away" people gone now? You are awesome, Rob! I really do hope you stay on here keep getting payed! hehe. that way I dont have to donate. not that I was anyway. sorry.

but really. I like it. good luck continuing the series. I can't wait for tomorrow!

greymatter

May 29, 2008
That was extremely awesome! After watching this I decided to watch the original eight episodes and then I watched this one again. I loved how you reworked all the jokes in this episode and made references to the old ones. *Wink* What a change in the graphics style too! I think this series is gonna be a serious success as soon as we get into the season. I'm really looking forward to episode two tomorrow.

Thank you to Rob for being awesome and the Escapist for supporting Rob's awesomeness.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Slakah said:
Its a parody, it's to be expected that its going to poke fun at DnD. It's a crazy concept I know. (if anything UR is taking the mess out of Rob, not DnD)
Hm...that's true. What I should have said instead was: it didn't feel so much like a parody than a good case-by-case explanation of how not to do it, and as such it wasn't amusing.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Nice to see how the art style has developed from its non-Escapist beginnings. Also nice to see the adventure very much rewritten (it's nice to see how things could have been).

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
Why is this not funny, or smart, or annoying, or insulting or anything other than garbl garbl garbl?