Unforgotten Realms: Episode Six: WTB Ogre Slaying Knife

Ibuki

Jul 23, 2008
Rogue 09 said:
ohjeez said:
The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.
Really? Than you, my friend, suck. Why is it that nobody can be made fun of except for white christians? If your going to cry about how gays are treated unfairly, you can kiss my ass. I know gay people, I like gay people (not like that), and I think you trying to act as a shield for all of their woes is more insulting than anything UR could possibly say. Are you going to start protecting wizards from Rob too? (They're out there!)
pluse some guys actually do talk like that irl. And thought it fit robs charater to be
honest.

Anyway, thought last episode was funnier, but this one is still top notch.
"ok, petey spit us out"
"No wait you moron!"

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
ohjeez said:
The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.
If you are honestly offended by a gay joke for whatever reason then don't watch the show because the Rob character does them to annoy Mike and for comic relief and to a lot of people they are funny. Do I have a problem with French people because of Jacques poor french too? Or maybe I'm racist that the only Black person is Gaary! Wait no I am racist because there's no Mexicans in this show!

Oh wait it's just a humorous cartoon, not a seriously stand point of my personal views. Stop nitpicking every little thing.

ohjeez

Jul 28, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
ohjeez said:
If you are honestly offended by a gay joke for whatever reason then don't watch the show because the Rob character does them to annoy Mike and for comic relief and to a lot of people they are funny.
Like I said, it was not so much the generalized teasing, which is funny (to a point... until it becomes the only thing Rob ever says to Mike...?) No, it's more the actual word "fag" which is too harsh. Like, the fact that the only black character is a rapping pimp? Not really a problem, since it's a funny character. But if one of the characters started calling him a "coon" or a "junglebunny" (or the N-word, but that's like a rap term unto itself at this point)-- not so funny. That's all I was trying to say.

I figured that there would be an anti-PC backlash to my comment, but my point is not to say that any kind of joking about this stuff is bad. You're right, that would be boring. It's just that... there are limits beyond which you're just being really disrespectful and nasty. Maybe y'all just draw that line somewhere else.

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
Ok I'm a straight guy but I come from Brighton the gay capital of europe, alot of my freinds are gay, I lived with a gay guy for a while and this saturday I will be going with them to gay pride yet when the pc doesn't work or something I'll still sometimes say stuff like "bah it's being gay!" and i'll say it in front of them, hell sometimes I'm border line out of order with the gay gags (much, much, much worse than Rob) but they don't have a problem with it because it's just a bit of banter so why should you?

Anyway apart from that great episode and keep them coming.

Mojotusks

Jul 13, 2008
Hmm although fag or ****** is a harsh word im with mr moran on this on. They are harsh words but in the right context its just entertainment and rob has been calling mike a fag since season 0 its his character.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
ohjeez said:
Pretty funny episode, but I have to say that it was kind of spoiled for me when Rob started saying stuff like "What f*ggotry is this?" or just directly calling Mike a f*g. It was one thing when he was just generally teasing him about such things (along the lines of "I figured you'd like being inside another guy", etc.), although even that was a bit overdone... but does anyone else find it just annoying that we are just busting out with totally offensive terms as if they were just good comedy? The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.
If the word fag bothers you so much then just don't watch the show. When the Rob character goes to insult Mike, he is going to insult his sexuality. That is what he does, changing it would be changing his character. He isn't insulting the gays, he is insulting Mike. If you honestly think the word "fag" goes beyond what the boundaries then you don't even know the bad words yet. When your a 16 year old boy in high school, you insult your friends sexuality. Thats the character, thats the show. You take that away, you take something out of the show. It is a fantastic way to have Rob purposely break out of character when I want to change a scene.

This isn't exactly a show for the kiddies but I'm not going to drop the big swear bombs either as I don't feel they fit. I have no problem with gay jokes as I don't really find them offensive but if you do then just don't watch the show. Sorry.

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
palmcrusher said:
im sorry but this episode kinda seemed like filler
....crap he's right! The only relevent plot points are that they should level up now and Rob has chest pains. Could have been done in half the time, especialy if you cut down the montage. I didn't even realize it untill I read that!

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
In terms of how far the plot moved and clearly defined rules this was not the best episode.

In its defence i will say this- When a TPK seems likely, you do what you gotta do. ((this needs to be on a t-shirt))

Now, as for the character interaction and how they are acting together effectivly in the game world, i think this is the episode that finaly makes them a real adventuring party.

Also, you (the maker/s) are good at making use of things mentioned before, like you did with the explosion runes. Just wanted to get that in.

TheAmericansHADE

Jul 10, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
ohjeez said:
Pretty funny episode, but I have to say that it was kind of spoiled for me when Rob started saying stuff like "What f*ggotry is this?" or just directly calling Mike a f*g. It was one thing when he was just generally teasing him about such things (along the lines of "I figured you'd like being inside another guy", etc.), although even that was a bit overdone... but does anyone else find it just annoying that we are just busting out with totally offensive terms as if they were just good comedy? The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.
If the word fag bothers you so much then just don't watch the show. When the Rob character goes to insult Mike, he is going to insult his sexuality. That is what he does, changing it would be changing his character. He isn't insulting the gays, he is insulting Mike. If you honestly think the word "fag" goes beyond what the boundaries then you don't even know the bad words yet. When your a 16 year old boy in high school, you insult your friends sexuality. Thats the character, thats the show. You take that away, you take something out of the show. It is a fantastic way to have Rob purposely break out of character when I want to change a scene.

This isn't exactly a show for the kiddies but I'm not going to drop the big swear bombs either as I don't feel they fit. I have no problem with gay jokes as I don't really find them offensive but if you do then just don't watch the show. Sorry.
Yea, that would be like getting pissed over a 'your mum' joke.

Darky24

Jun 20, 2008
Enjoyed the show alot, only thing that confused me was how SirSchmoopy became an awesome strategist out of no where, knowing and adapting the rules better than Mike.

But considering what I said last time about little plot development (and this one had some, and a great montage with good humour) I cant complain too much :)

Oh and thanks to Rob Moran for the comments back about the "Fag" jokes in UR, its nice to get some feedback about creative decisions within a show without getting over defensive.

Aura967

Feb 17, 2008
a reference to Dead ale wives in the title shoulda done IM ATTACKING THE DARKNESS reference too

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Rogue 09 said:
(P.S. I know that nobody knows who I am, but you'll be thinking of me now...)
Hey! Aren't you that guy who stole the last doughnut? And it was jelly filled! Feel the wrath of the Legendary Heroines Totempole!

On that, why did they never heal each other? Pety has a max of 12 hp, so 2 heals would always outclass the ogres 6 damage and keep him at max, letting themheal each other in the meantime, so that the Totempole wouldn't have been as risky later on.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Zolem said:
On that, why did they never heal each other? Pety has a max of 12 hp, so 2 heals would always outclass the ogres 6 damage and keep him at max, letting themheal each other in the meantime, so that the Totempole wouldn't have been as risky later on.
Because that really isn't exciting?