Unforgotten Realms: Sir Schmoopy and the Goblet of Invisibility

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
Oh man, these episodes are really starting to suck. It seems to me that as soon as they switched bodies with Altair and a blue-black, hoodless Nailo the show lost all of it's charm.

Remember all those really good jokes? Like the "Optical Illusion" jokes and the whole shtick about Scmoopy as a wolf?

Remember how the episodes got really clever? Like how Schmoopy found a loophole with their first Nader gem that allowed him to put his own soul into the gem after he primed his mortal body to explode in order to finish off a horde of skeletons?

Remember "I CAST FLARE!!!"?

God, what happened to those times? Now all the episodes lately are just one-joke stigmas.

I'm saying this as a HUGE fan of the show, and I want to see it return to it's hilarious roots.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
hortez the champion of the frozen wastes said:
Let me put it to you this way. I don't give a toss about the story. I'd rather have a funny series with a weak story then have a generic predictable fantasy tale with bland repetitive jokes that remind me of the Seth. If you're into Unforgotten Realms for the story that's like going to McDonalds for premium gourmet food.
And heres the kicker though. Your opinion is the minority and not the one I want to go with. If Unforgotten Realms wasn't about the story, there would have been no point redoing any of the originals. All the jokes I could make without a story were told in the first 5 episodes of the original series anything past that just starts to get repetitive or bland as without any form of story there is no where to go.

If you don't like the story then you don't like the show. It's like you went to Mc Donald's, ate a Cheeseburger and thought it was great and the next time you went they were selling Cheese Burgers but you had to wait in line and you had a birthday party for your cousin Vinney to goto so you instead cut said line and this kid is like "No cutting the line" and your like "Sorry I'm in a rush" and then you order your burger and you forgot your wallet in the car so you goto the car get your wallet, come back and now the lady at the counter is telling you your order was cancelled so you have to go back to the end of the line.

I like my story. I think some of it is clever and a lot of it is funny. I haven't changed as the general bases of the show has been the exact same as when I first wrote it like 4 or 5 years ago. The lot of you cry because there is story not that there is missing humour. This episode has a pen and paper joke followed into a joke about boners followed into a memory joke and then left with a bit of cliffhanger at the end, yet I'm told this is all "Shit" and I should go back to my old roots.

No I'm sorry. You are stuck with rose colored glasses on when you first saw the show and because I'm tieing a story into all of it that is uninteresting to you, your ragging that it's the stories fault this show is failing.

Fuhjem said:
Oh man, these episodes are really starting to suck. It seems to me that as soon as they switched bodies with Altair and a blue-black, hoodless Nailo the show lost all of it's charm.

Remember all those really good jokes? Like the "Optical Illusion" jokes and the whole shtick about Scmoopy as a wolf?

Remember how the episodes got really clever? Like how Schmoopy found a loophole with their first Nader gem that allowed him to put his own soul into the gem after he primed his mortal body to explode in order to finish off a horde of skeletons?

God, what happened to those times? Now all the episodes lately are just one-joke stigmas.

I'm saying this as a HUGE fan of the show, and I want to see it return to it's hilarious roots.
Really? Do you watch all the episodes or only one every couple weeks. Take the Crystal Episode which is 10 minutes long. If you broke that into two episodes one with Timmy creating the crystals and then the next where Schmoopy fights the beggar and then the next episode which shows how he survived, that would be AS clever as MAYBE what is happening right now. Maybe just maybe theres a reason I introduced a Dagger that changes peoples alingments, a spell that wipes peoples memory, a joke to make Douglass immune to certain different things. You are complaining before anything has even happend. Oh shit I guess it wouldn't be CLEVER if I TOLD YOU WHAT I WAS GOING TO USE EVERYTHING FOR. Doh!

Fans who cry about this are just looking for instant gratification when sorry it's a 5 minute episode and you can complain and say "Well maybe thats the problem" but it's either that or don't do the show at all and if you would say "Well then don't do that show because I think it's crap" then your opinion is moot at that point.

Every week. Different people. Same tears. Same responses.

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
Um, sorry?

I'm just a bit impatient.
I just really miss those old Monocle jokes.

Maybe it's just that I still review movies in the old Newgrounds way. Plenty of anger and pointless arguing.

To be honest, you remind me of how I comment on peoples' reviews for my movies on Newgrounds. Angrily.

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
Did we just get Abbot And Costello'Rolled?
0_0

I love you SirSchmoopy...
You keep doing this, alright? This series is what got me into D&D ^_^

SuperMaster

Jul 16, 2009
hey rob just want to say that it was a exellent episode and if it had a monocle it would be an episodes with the powers of a wizard so that it could transform people who complain about the show into frogs. =D
my only complain is that u didnt answered to Str8up_wizard.
Str8up_wizard said:
Str8up_wizard said:
daigdair113 said:
oh and rob if your reading this... when does UF the online adventure come out... i remember you talkin about that what like 3-4 yrs ago (just givin u a hard time) dungeon runners beat you to the punch dawg..
i want also to know because i also remember that because a friend of mine who also watches the show told me about it.
so is it? is it? *asks like a little child*

and that the serie continues great(of course its gonna continue) and...hmmm.i cast flare at carrage!!!

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I'm kinda sick of all the Harry Potter stuff but the show is entertaining as always. Also WHERE'S GARY AT?! Really I love Gary, I'm also glad Jaques...or something like Jaques is back.

Nator

Jul 24, 2009
watch season 2 intro. it is Gaary not gary. and my guess is that he is enjoying the life in reldawin :) drinking beers and... stuff. you know beers and STUFF :D mayby getting into a streetfight where he dies and resurects and STUFF :D

ISearchForTraps

Jun 22, 2009
Cool episode as usual Rob, I was wondering when she Jaque-ish character would appear again, and I see Prof. Pin Missle has as well (but is either now dead or just unconsious). I'm keen to see how the plot unfolds further, with the Order of Chaos, and the memory erasion spell joke was pretty funny. Also it's be hilarious if Gwen turns out to be Schmoopy's grandmother. :D

Keep up the good work. :)

Mar 1, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
Let me put it to you this way. I don't give a toss about the story. I'd rather have a funny series with a weak story then have a generic predictable fantasy tale with bland repetitive jokes that remind me of the Seth. If you're into Unforgotten Realms for the story that's like going to McDonalds for premium gourmet food.
And heres the kicker though. Your opinion is the minority and not the one I want to go with. If Unforgotten Realms wasn't about the story, there would have been no point redoing any of the originals. All the jokes I could make without a story were told in the first 5 episodes of the original series anything past that just starts to get repetitive or bland as without any form of story there is no where to go.

If you don't like the story then you don't like the show. It's like you went to Mc Donald's, ate a Cheeseburger and thought it was great and the next time you went they were selling Cheese Burgers but you had to wait in line and you had a birthday party for your cousin Vinney to goto so you instead cut said line and this kid is like "No cutting the line" and your like "Sorry I'm in a rush" and then you order your burger and you forgot your wallet in the car so you goto the car get your wallet, come back and now the lady at the counter is telling you your order was cancelled so you have to go back to the end of the line.

I like my story. I think some of it is clever and a lot of it is funny. I haven't changed as the general bases of the show has been the exact same as when I first wrote it like 4 or 5 years ago. The lot of you cry because there is story not that there is missing humour. This episode has a pen and paper joke followed into a joke about boners followed into a memory joke and then left with a bit of cliffhanger at the end, yet I'm told this is all "Shit" and I should go back to my old roots.

No I'm sorry. You are stuck with rose colored glasses on when you first saw the show and because I'm tieing a story into all of it that is uninteresting to you, your ragging that it's the stories fault this show is failing.

Fuhjem said:

Really? Do you watch all the episodes or only one every couple weeks. Take the Crystal Episode which is 10 minutes long. If you broke that into two episodes one with Timmy creating the crystals and then the next where Schmoopy fights the beggar and then the next episode which shows how he survived, that would be AS clever as MAYBE what is happening right now. Maybe just maybe theres a reason I introduced a Dagger that changes peoples alingments, a spell that wipes peoples memory, a joke to make Douglass immune to certain different things. You are complaining before anything has even happend. Oh shit I guess it wouldn't be CLEVER if I TOLD YOU WHAT I WAS GOING TO USE EVERYTHING FOR. Doh!

Fans who cry about this are just looking for instant gratification when sorry it's a 5 minute episode and you can complain and say "Well maybe thats the problem" but it's either that or don't do the show at all and if you would say "Well then don't do that show because I think it's crap" then your opinion is moot at that point.

Every week. Different people. Same tears. Same responses.

You'd be surprised just how long things can go on with absolutely no story at all. Oh yes and you should really try to get some other people to do voices for you. It's really starting to show that you do them all, as there are only about 4-6 different voice tones.

Also your metaphor sucks total ass. I'm sorry but what I'm getting from that is that if you got a great cheese burger from a place one time and thought it was great then I went back and got shat apon I should still like the cheese burger.....or something....even though I didn't GET a cheeseburger. You yourself made clear the flaw in your own argument.

Nator

Jul 24, 2009
in this episodde rob made totaly clear that he doesn't want any ideas from fans.

http://www.urealms.com/flash/epi40billion.html

person427

May 28, 2009
Let me put it to you this way. I don't give a toss about the story. I'd rather have a funny series with a weak story then have a generic predictable fantasy tale with bland repetitive jokes that remind me of the Seth.
How does Unforgotten Realms possibly have a generic fantasy tale? Don't the heroes save the princess in generic stories? Do Dragons shapes shift in generic fantasy stories? Do generic fantasy stories have Abraham Lincoln and the Arbiter in them? And I'm pretty sure the jokes were repeated more in season 1 than seasons 2 and 3.

Nator

Jul 24, 2009
i think that the show is just as good as ever. so watc season 1 over and over. or you can just get your fucking ass ota here!!! i must say that i am very gratefull for robert doing this. so leave the show behind you. enjoy the story. or kep your complains to yourself!!!

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
This is the first time I notice it: Jaque has a monocle! He must be a powerful wizard!

And where is James(the warlock)?

My guess for the title of the next episode: Sir Schmoopy and the Order of Order.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
You'd be surprised just how long things can go on with absolutely no story at all. Oh yes and you should really try to get some other people to do voices for you. It's really starting to show that you do them all, as there are only about 4-6 different voice tones.

Also your metaphor sucks total ass. I'm sorry but what I'm getting from that is that if you got a great cheese burger from a place one time and thought it was great then I went back and got shat apon I should still like the cheese burger.....or something....even though I didn't GET a cheeseburger. You yourself made clear the flaw in your own argument.
It is? How many characters are in the show? Rob, Mike and Timmy and they do all the voices for there characters in the show. Also, my metaphor was a joke something you didn't get and was wasted on you. I don't think you will ever like this show again so I would just stop watching it.

Mar 1, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:

It is? How many characters are in the show? Rob, Mike and Timmy and they do all the voices for there characters in the show. Also, my metaphor was a joke something you didn't get and was wasted on you. I don't think you will ever like this show again so I would just stop watching it.
Communicating poorly and acting smug and superior when you are misunderstood is not being clever.
Oh yes and I know that there are only 3 REAL characters but I think you should try to get a bit more variety. I said 4-6 because even when a character is voiced by Rob or Mike they often sound different, like Gaary or Roamin. Oh yes and I watch the show because it's not unfunny. I just don't think it's nearly as funny as it used to be. The memory joke was okay the first time around but the second time reminded me hauntingly of Family Guy. Oh yes and the dick joke in my opinion wasn't a good idea. However awhile back (I forget which episode) when Douglas caught fire in the background was probably the highlight of the episode, if only because I hate him so much.

Mar 1, 2009
person427 said:
Let me put it to you this way. I don't give a toss about the story. I'd rather have a funny series with a weak story then have a generic predictable fantasy tale with bland repetitive jokes that remind me of the Seth.
How does Unforgotten Realms possibly have a generic fantasy tale? Don't the heroes save the princess in generic stories? Do Dragons shapes shift in generic fantasy stories? Do generic fantasy stories have Abraham Lincoln and the Arbiter in them? And I'm pretty sure the jokes were repeated more in season 1 than seasons 2 and 3.
I just meant the serious story line. Oh yes and dragons often shape shift in generic fantasy tales. Here lets see how many fantasy tales we can apply this to:

One hero with one or more side kicks must protect mystical crystals from a group who wants to destroy them out of pure malevolence.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Communicating poorly and acting smug and superior when you are misunderstood is not being clever.
Oh yes and I know that there are only 3 REAL characters but I think you should try to get a bit more variety. I said 4-6 because even when a character is voiced by Rob or Mike they often sound different, like Gaary or Roamin. Oh yes and I watch the show because it's not unfunny. I just don't think it's nearly as funny as it used to be. The memory joke was okay the first time around but the second time reminded me hauntingly of Family Guy. Oh yes and the dick joke in my opinion wasn't a good idea. However awhile back (I forget which episode) when Douglas caught fire in the background was probably the highlight of the episode, if only because I hate him so much.
Don't come here acting like your opinion is absolute if you don't want attitude. There are only three characters in the show. Rob and Mike, they voice they voice most characters as it is something I have always want to keep, the element of two dudes playing the game by themselves. Also, this is a low budget show to begin with. Your asking for something you can't have which is simply silly to ask in the first place.

Mar 1, 2009
Str8up_wizard said:
SirSchmoopy said:

troll go home, your starting to get annoying, why must you argue with the creator of the show you are trying to change? obviously rob doesn't agree with you and he doesn't even want people to think he may obey your idiotic fan request that hes willing to tell you tits or gtfo so plz gtfo...

person427 said:
I just meant the serious story line. Oh yes and dragons often shape shift in generic fantasy tales. Here lets see how many fantasy tales we can apply this to:

One hero with one or more side kicks must protect mystical crystals from a group who wants to destroy them out of pure malevolence.
plus your so wrong about so much...
1st D&D and D&D engine based games are the only fantasy games where dragons often change shape, but you know since they're playing and obvious mix of D&D WOW and Forgotten Realms, i'm sure they go by the same creature criteria. Sides i don't know very many people who like to memorize all the slight differences between creatures from various games, and game makers often make such things as race traits similar, and rob is a game maker who just happens to write a story about.

[[[[[Now Rob if at all, for any reason you feel like im making incorrect assumptions ill correct myself, since i like your show and do not want to taint it with my ideas, but would rather stop thinking for 6 min every week and watch your thoughts.]]]]]

2nd if you pay attention Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon is NOT a hero with sidekicks, he is a NOT hero with HERO side kicks.. (episode 31: I would have named him peter.)

and 3rd Sir Schmoopy is on a delivery/gathering quest not a protection quest, he isnt protecting the crytals hes destroying them... he is the group that wants them destroyed, the group that is wanting to keep them is malestrom and the group that wants to do things outta pure malevolence (the order of chaos) wants to destroy nador so pure chaos can reign, get it right. obviously you dont like storyline cuz your iq's too low to put 2 to 4...

SirSchmoopy said:

WoW dood im really starting to wonder how much back work you did for this because the one man show style robs got is what grants all the m1ke is g4y joking around, i cant remember where or when i heard it but i specificly remember rob saying that he does both ppl because he wants to have absolute control of fucking with mike, thats why there was nvr other ppl talking, and you just dont add shit in, like extra voices cuz it changes shit, if garry roamin rob timmy or mike suddenly got a different voice that shit would be wierd.

also he wasnt communicating poorly, maybe this analogy will work better for you, (for this your gonna need to watch episode 17 again (if youve ever seen it) because im sure your too lazy to even do that ill just simply quote it)

M1ke: ROB!!!
Rob:what?
M1ke: This is like the fourth episode in a row where all we've done is listen to conversations of NPC characters...
Rob: and?
M1ke: and, i would like to ya know get back to the game sometime instead of wasting hours upon hours listening to gary and roamin talking.
Rob: so wait you don't find gary and roamin entertaining?
M1ke: Well no it is kindof funny
Rob:But you wanna skip all the story and just get to the action?
M1ke: well kinda
Rob:Mike if ya wanted to skip all this role playing crap we would be playing unforgotten realms fouth edition.

see your m1ke, gay mike(no offence to RL mike just gay fake one) a gay little wiener that bitches about everything either way, but most importantly you ***** about all the story, (the only reason this is worth watching and you ***** about it) you admit you want story just not a real story, and even after you are made to look like a complete dumbass by rob you continue. well sure its not a great analagy but i got to accomplish multiple things with it. first i got to call m1ke g4y, second i reiterated your gay, third i got to quote an season 2 episode that fucking rocked, (im even sure you lol'd a few times before you heard this quote(assuming you watched it))and i also got to disprove your season 2 and 3 down the drain argument.

and all i hear is you constantly bitching about how the memory spell joke was ok but ultimately ruined by its multiple uses, when hello its a fuckin memory joke its ment to kill, often these jokes are called breather jokes, because while being funny they give you a second to breath so you dont suffocate from laughing too hard, but come on seriously your gonna act like the rest of it was unfunny? ( now i will say its not as funny as previous ones, but it was still funny) oh and wtf is with you and family guy, i mean honestly i havent heard of anyone quoting family guy since fuckin freshman year, its so forgotten it barely gets reruns on adultswim, fuck futuramas getting more attention than that show and that was just matt's side project, family guys almost long and forgotten (after sp killed it and it got its shitty spinoff the clevelands) but you sure seem to talk about it alot.

as for the fire joke, its episode: sirschmoopy and the philosophers shiny rocks, and honestly i would say its not that funny just cuz i lol'd so much harder in press B to jump when sirschmoopy kept going right in the face,(which btw rob is now a catch phrase me and my friends use when we wanna yell a headshot fail, oh and u should totally sue the hangover for clonin your shit, jk).

oh and rob is superior to you since he has created something and effected ppls lifes while the most youve done is fap on 4chan

so just in case you thought TL;DR

your a dick-badger and you need to TITS or GTFO.

[[[[[[ and a message to all PLz dont feed the trollz ]]]]]]]

oh and rob two things as for UROnline its probably better if you dont make it cuz my imagination makes it seem like a mix of oblivion/d&d/Diablo3 lore and graphics and no offence but i dont think your gonna be able to do that as a one man army. oh and i deleted my last post because it was a space waster and i didnt want it in front of this, but i wanted to say, your avatar is baddass dood.
No I'm not a troll, just because your a UR fanboy and I'm not doesn't need you mean to harass me with poor spelling and half baked arguments. You held on to the things I just mentioned in passing and completely ignored my valid points. Really you don't have to jump on me just because I don't like your favorite show as much as you do.